Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

Marrdro wrote:
    We still whimpering about some hits on our QB?

I wonder what some of you would be saying if JA or Ray would have put a hurting on the Saints QB? :dry:

Comeon people. We are playing football. You know, the real game, not flag football. Every team tries to hit the other team hard. Its part of the game my friends.
    Marr most of those hits weren't legal.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

kevoncox wrote:
    While I know we are the better team, I have a couple of issues with this game...

1) It will be very difficult for us to win this game
    A gimpy AD, Rice, Harvin dealing with a loss and headaches, and a Rusty Farve are just a few of our issues.

2) If we win so what...it's just one regular season game. If we lose..then the Saints feel vindicated.Its a lose/lose for us.

With that said, I would like a season-ender for Brees. Normally I would never wish that on anyone but...I really hate the Saints and their fans. I mean they are the worst fans ever.A fanbase that once wore paperbags over their heads are rubbing a championship in our faces. Every thread I got to is full of Saints fans complaining about Vikes fans crying over the game. Please fellas, knock Brees out for the season...so I can watch their little worlds crumble.

We have a lot of preseason left, so unless Adrian, Sidney, and Percy are still out of commission by the 3rd preseason game, let's try not to panic or worry too much about the Saints game.

Speaking of which...I agree that winning the game in Week 1 won't make the Lombardi magically appear on the Vikes trophy case, but to say that it's "lose-lose" no matter the outcome is a pretty defeatist attitude. Beating the Saints will still give our guys a 1-0 record to kick the season off, and with the emotion behind that game, it would likely give them a HUGE morale boost.

JMO

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"The Quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"~ Al Davis. I hate quoting a lunatic like Al Davis, but he is right. This tactic won the game for the Saints and eventually earned them the Superbowl. Dirty hits or not, it's the front 5's job to protect the quarterback.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

kevoncox wrote:
    While I know we are the better team, I have a couple of issues with this game...

1) It will be very difficult for us to win this game
    A gimpy AD, Rice, Harvin dealing with a loss and headaches, and a Rusty Farve are just a few of our issues.

2) If we win so what...it's just one regular season game. If we lose..then the Saints feel vindicated.Its a lose/lose for us.

With that said, I would like a season-ender for Brees. Normally I would never wish that on anyone but...I really hate the Saints and their fans. I mean they are the worst fans ever.A fanbase that once wore paperbags over their heads are rubbing a championship in our faces. Every thread I got to is full of Saints fans complaining about Vikes fans crying over the game. Please fellas, knock Brees out for the season...so I can watch their little worlds crumble.
    Although I hate what the Saints did to Favre, I don't wish serious injury on Brees, he wasn't guilty of playing dirty. In fact the way he played (or was allowed to play by our D) gave us every chance to win that game. If some of the Saints defense happen to get injured though that's a different story...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I wonder what some of you would be saying if JA or Ray would have put a hurting on the Saints QB? :dry:

Comeon people. We are playing football. You know, the real game, not flag football. Every team tries to hit the other team hard. Its part of the game my friends.
    I wonder if you would be saying the same thing if it was TJ?
    I would. This isn't flag football. Players hit and are hit. Its the nature of the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I know. But you above all people know that alot of things happen on the field that aren't "Legal".

I bet most of the cats on this site whimpering about those hits are the same ones who are asking for our S's to come up and lay someone out ala Joey Browner or cheered when JA took a few cheap shots a couple of years ago and then beyyyyatched cause another teams fans whined about it.

In the end, its part of the game. Its over and done with. Move the frick on for cripes sake.

I don't mean just you K. That last comment is for everyone in general.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ConnecticutViking wrote:
    "The Quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"~ Al Davis. I hate quoting a lunatic like Al Davis, but he is right. This tactic won the game for the Saints and eventually earned them the Superbowl. Dirty hits or not, it's the front 5's job to protect the quarterback.
    How in the hell can someone that makes a damn fine post like that only have so few posts.

You need to get off your ass and post some more my friend.......Top shelf. Top shelf indeed.

As to Al quotes. You can find almost the same thing from a bazillion coaches......

"If the refs are gonna allow it for one team, we can get away with it as well".

In short, the refs were letting them play. Why the hell didn't our guys "Play" within those boundries?

Again, we all need to let it go. We sound like some of the dumbest fans in the league for the way we are whinning and making excuses. They won, we lost. Lets get ready for this year and put the whooooooop assssss on thier QB this year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Marrdro wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I know. But you above all people know that alot of things happen on the field that aren't "Legal".

I bet most of the cats on this site whimpering about those hits are the same ones who are asking for our S's to come up and lay someone out ala Joey Browner or cheered when JA took a few cheap shots a couple of years ago and then beyyyyatched cause another teams fans whined about it.

In the end, its part of the game. Its over and done with. Move the frick on for cripes sake.

Lets also not forget how many of these same people still whinning about Favre getting hit, posting on how much they'd love Sharper to be knocked the fuck out of the game/season.

The fact remains boys, as Marr stated, this is football.

I fully believe that we won't be waiting until the post season Championship game, before other defenses employ this same tactic.

Watch for it in game 1 against the Saints & during the remaining 15 regular season games. How quickly people forget, this is a copycat league.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    kevoncox wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Lets also not forget how many of these same people still whinning about Favre getting hit, posting on how much they'd love Sharper to be knocked the fuck out of the game/season.

The fact remains boys, as Marr stated, this is football.

I fully believe that we won't be waiting until the post season Championship game, before other defenses employ this same tactic.

Watch for it in game 1 against the Saints & during the remaining 15 regular season games. How quickly people forget, this is a copycat league.
    I think you and Marrdro are missing the point.

Allen may have laid a questionable hit on Schaub, and we've had other examples of it, but there's a huge difference.

Their guys, coach included expressed malicious intent after the fact. They essentially said they're game plan was to take Favre out of the game. Remember, "remember me" hits? Remember "X marks the spot."?

I love hitting, I admit to enjoying an illegal hit once in a while. But low hits on QBs AND THEN to run your mouth about it?

I don't wish permanent damage on Brees, it has nothing to do with him. He's a class act.

But Gregg Williams, Bobby McCray, Anthony Hargrove, and Darren Sharper?

I want to see those guys get blasted every play, late, early, high, low, blindside, on the ground, defenseless, I want to see them hit in every way imaginable. Fuck em.

Williams and Sharper got the rest of them in trouble by mouthing off. They've got targets on their backs against us and the Cardinals next season, and you'd better believe Joey Porter(even though he wasn't there at the time. It's right up his alley) and Adrian Wilson will take shots at them if we decide to take the high road.

There's a major difference between hard hitting football and what the Saints did in the playoffs.

birdman is offline Training Camp

I believe Favre is holding off on his return due to what the Saints did, and him knowing that all season long teams will try to duplicate what they say in that game. The Pack sat back, played passive and he dissected them. Saints brought it, dared him to beat them and he almost did, but paid a huge physical price.

Will the Vikings coaches have an effective counter to this sort of defense to take some of the pressure off Favre? I'll bet that's what he and Chilly have been talking about.
    None

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast