Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

Caine wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Vikings still seething from Saints' 'dirty' hits on Favre

Coaches are still seething over Favre's treatment by New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game, one the Vikings lost and one where Favre injured his ankle. The Vikings could handle that if ... well, if they didn't believe New Orleans went out of its way to sideline Favre.

But they do. And they're hot.
    At this point, all this has become is locker room material for the Saints. They'll post these on their wall and rant and rave about how the Vikings are calling them dirty cheaters...even though it's true.

The best plan of action is to simply make it our personal mission to absolutely destroy the Saints in every possible way. Hit hard - but clean. Run them ragged, then beat them silly. And, most importantly, WIN. It all means nothing if we lose.

And maybe this will fire up Bryant McKinnie (Who has the AUDACITY to call himself "Pro-Bowl Left Tackle") to move his fat ass and block people from time to time.

Caine
    I'm in 100% agreement with this. We have to go in there and play every down like its our last. If any of their players get hurt in the process so be it. As long as we don't stoop to their level and play dirty, I don't care if any of their players get hurt. I SERIOUSLY, don't want that game to end with questions of if we played dirty ball though. I just want to see 4 quarters of unrelenting football. No getting soft in the 4th quarter if we're up by a lot. No turning the ball over, and no penalties.

I'm fired up for this one more than I can say.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"You know what?" he (JA) said. "It is what it is. It is a rough game. Yeah, you look back, and they had some shots. They had a game plan, and it was to take Brett out of the game. But, like I said, it is what it is."
    I like JA's approach don't call out the Saints for what they did, just state it's a rough game, thus when JA plants Brees 2 feet into the ground he can say "I said it was a rough game"
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

gagarr wrote:
    "You know what?" he (JA) said. "It is what it is. It is a rough game. Yeah, you look back, and they had some shots. They had a game plan, and it was to take Brett out of the game. But, like I said, it is what it is."
    I like JA's approach don't call out the Saints for what they did, just state it's a rough game, thus when JA plants Brees 2 feet into the ground he can say "I said it was a rough game"

yeah, talk is just that. talk. I hope we see a good old fashioned ass whipping on the field
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I hope one of our players goes out of bounds on the Saints sideline and "accidently" runs into Gregg Williams, repeatedly.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I have absolutely no problem with a brawl between the coaching staffs to start the season.
    In fact, I would love to see it.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

jargomcfargo wrote:
    I have absolutely no problem with a brawl between the coaching staffs to start the season.
    hahaha.. that would be pretty damn funny!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Yes, that would be a nice start to the season. Throw a couple of folding chairs in for effect.

In terms of payback, they should have done it in the 3rd and 4th quarter of the NFCCG. A little late to get pissed about it now. JA said it best, it is what it is, they had a plan to go after the QB...it was a good plan.

If feeling slighted makes you play harder though, bring it on. A win in NO, would be a good start to the season.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

While I know we are the better team, I have a couple of issues with this game...

1) It will be very difficult for us to win this game
    A gimpy AD, Rice, Harvin dealing with a loss and headaches, and a Rusty Farve are just a few of our issues.

2) If we win so what...it's just one regular season game. If we lose..then the Saints feel vindicated.Its a lose/lose for us.

With that said, I would like a season-ender for Brees. Normally I would never wish that on anyone but...I really hate the Saints and their fans. I mean they are the worst fans ever.A fanbase that once wore paperbags over their heads are rubbing a championship in our faces. Every thread I got to is full of Saints fans complaining about Vikes fans crying over the game. Please fellas, knock Brees out for the season...so I can watch their little worlds crumble.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

We still whimpering about some hits on our QB?

I wonder what some of you would be saying if JA or Ray would have put a hurting on the Saints QB? :dry:

Comeon people. We are playing football. You know, the real game, not flag football. Every team tries to hit the other team hard. Its part of the game my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    We still whimpering about some hits on our QB?

I wonder what some of you would be saying if JA or Ray would have put a hurting on the Saints QB? :dry:

Comeon people. We are playing football. You know, the real game, not flag football. Every team tries to hit the other team hard. Its part of the game my friends.
    I wonder if you would be saying the same thing if it was TJ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast