Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

Vikings still seething from Saints' 'dirty' hits on Favre

Coaches are still seething over Favre's treatment by New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game, one the Vikings lost and one where Favre injured his ankle. The Vikings could handle that if ... well, if they didn't believe New Orleans went out of its way to sideline Favre.

But they do. And they're hot.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

Childress said he hadn't spoken to anyone with the Saints since the loss but might seek out coach Sean Payton before the two teams play in the Sept. 9 opener. If he does, look for him to have company on the Saints' sidelines. One Minnesota assistant said he was so furious that he intends to confront defensive coordinator Gregg Williams prior to the game to express his outrage.
    That might make our coaches feel better, being able to tell the Saints what's what. I just don't think Payton or Williams would care. They know they coached a dirty game, they probably were even aware of the refs directive to not call a number of penalties on the Saints. Giving them the green light for the cheap hits on Favre.

Rather than speaking to the coaches, I hope the Vikings do their talking on the field. Payback is a bitch and would love nothing more than to see our defense knock Brees (who I like as a QB and a overall player), out for season.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I don't want to see anyone with a season ending injury. However I would like to see Toby Gerhart level Sharper a couple of times.

WWBGD

purpledoom is offline Starter

I don't want to see Brees have a season ending injury either. However I would like to see him "planted"...rather firmly and frequently. After all what goes around comes arund. Right? I agree about Sharper too like to see him get the stuffing knocked out of him. Maybe AD could do one of his patented run over him like a frieght train jobs.

Injuries are a part of the game. If Drew's season is cut short as a result of our D getting a little payback, I'll be laughing (out loud) at the irony. I'm not looking for career ending or permanent damage, just good old fashioned revenge.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

so-cal vike wrote:
    Injuries are a part of the game. If Drew's season is cut short as a result of our D getting a little payback, I'll be laughing (out loud) at the irony. I'm not looking for career ending or permanent damage, just good old fashioned revenge.
    I'm with you, a season ender, with no permanent damage, on a clean hit would be brilliant.

I would, however, like to see some permanent damage to Bobby McCray's face.

RK. wrote:
    I don't want to see anyone with a season ending injury. However I would like to see Toby Gerhart level Sharper a couple of times.
    +1 I used to like sharper, but due to his mouth I lost all respect for him.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    so-cal vike wrote:
    I'm with you, a season ender, with no permanent damage, on a clean hit would be brilliant.

I would, however, like to see some permanent damage to Bobby McCray's face.
    Based on his looks, I think the permanent damage has already been done.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:

Coaches are still seething over Favre's treatment by New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game, one the Vikings lost and one where Favre injured his ankle. The Vikings could handle that if ... well, if they didn't believe New Orleans went out of its way to sideline Favre.

At this point, all this has become is locker room material for the Saints. They'll post these on their wall and rant and rave about how the Vikings are calling them dirty cheaters...even though it's true.

The best plan of action is to simply make it our personal mission to absolutely destroy the Saints in every possible way. Hit hard - but clean. Run them ragged, then beat them silly. And, most importantly, WIN. It all means nothing if we lose.

And maybe this will fire up Bryant McKinnie (Who has the AUDACITY to call himself "Pro-Bowl Left Tackle") to move his fat ass and block people from time to time.

Caine

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Caine wrote:
    singersp wrote:

At this point, all this has become is locker room material for the Saints. They'll post these on their wall and rant and rave about how the Vikings are calling them dirty cheaters...even though it's true.

The best plan of action is to simply make it our personal mission to absolutely destroy the Saints in every possible way. Hit hard - but clean. Run them ragged, then beat them silly. And, most importantly, WIN. It all means nothing if we lose.

And maybe this will fire up Bryant McKinnie (Who has the AUDACITY to call himself "Pro-Bowl Left Tackle") to move his fat ass and block people from time to time.

Caine
    lmao
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast