Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    Vikings still seething from Saints' 'dirty' hits on Favre


    Coaches are still seething over Favre's treatment by New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game, one the Vikings lost and one where Favre injured his ankle. The Vikings could handle that if ... well, if they didn't believe New Orleans went out of its way to sideline Favre.

    But they do. And they're hot.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    Childress said he hadn't spoken to anyone with the Saints since the loss but might seek out coach Sean Payton before the two teams play in the Sept. 9 opener. If he does, look for him to have company on the Saints' sidelines. One Minnesota assistant said he was so furious that he intends to confront defensive coordinator Gregg Williams prior to the game to express his outrage.
    That might make our coaches feel better, being able to tell the Saints what's what. I just don't think Payton or Williams would care. They know they coached a dirty game, they probably were even aware of the refs directive to not call a number of penalties on the Saints. Giving them the green light for the cheap hits on Favre.

    Rather than speaking to the coaches, I hope the Vikings do their talking on the field. Payback is a bitch and would love nothing more than to see our defense knock Brees (who I like as a QB and a overall player), out for season.

  3. #3
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    I don't want to see anyone with a season ending injury. However I would like to see Toby Gerhart level Sharper a couple of times.

    WWBGD

  4. #4
    purpledoom's Avatar
    purpledoom is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    297

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    I don't want to see Brees have a season ending injury either. However I would like to see him "planted"...rather firmly and frequently. After all what goes around comes arund. Right? I agree about Sharper too like to see him get the stuffing knocked out of him. Maybe AD could do one of his patented run over him like a frieght train jobs.

  5. #5
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    Injuries are a part of the game. If Drew's season is cut short as a result of our D getting a little payback, I'll be laughing (out loud) at the irony. I'm not looking for career ending or permanent damage, just good old fashioned revenge.

  6. #6
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    so-cal vike wrote:
    Injuries are a part of the game. If Drew's season is cut short as a result of our D getting a little payback, I'll be laughing (out loud) at the irony. I'm not looking for career ending or permanent damage, just good old fashioned revenge.
    I'm with you, a season ender, with no permanent damage, on a clean hit would be brilliant.

    I would, however, like to see some permanent damage to Bobby McCray's face.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boise Idaho
    Posts
    1,022

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    RK. wrote:
    I don't want to see anyone with a season ending injury. However I would like to see Toby Gerhart level Sharper a couple of times.
    +1 I used to like sharper, but due to his mouth I lost all respect for him.

  8. #8
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    so-cal vike wrote:
    Injuries are a part of the game. If Drew's season is cut short as a result of our D getting a little payback, I'll be laughing (out loud) at the irony. I'm not looking for career ending or permanent damage, just good old fashioned revenge.
    I'm with you, a season ender, with no permanent damage, on a clean hit would be brilliant.

    I would, however, like to see some permanent damage to Bobby McCray's face.
    Based on his looks, I think the permanent damage has already been done.

  9. #9
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    singersp wrote:
    Vikings still seething from Saints' 'dirty' hits on Favre


    Coaches are still seething over Favre's treatment by New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game, one the Vikings lost and one where Favre injured his ankle. The Vikings could handle that if ... well, if they didn't believe New Orleans went out of its way to sideline Favre.

    But they do. And they're hot.
    At this point, all this has become is locker room material for the Saints. They'll post these on their wall and rant and rave about how the Vikings are calling them dirty cheaters...even though it's true.

    The best plan of action is to simply make it our personal mission to absolutely destroy the Saints in every possible way. Hit hard - but clean. Run them ragged, then beat them silly. And, most importantly, WIN. It all means nothing if we lose.

    And maybe this will fire up Bryant McKinnie (Who has the AUDACITY to call himself "Pro-Bowl Left Tackle") to move his fat ass and block people from time to time.

    Caine

  10. #10
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

    Caine wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Vikings still seething from Saints' 'dirty' hits on Favre


    Coaches are still seething over Favre's treatment by New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game, one the Vikings lost and one where Favre injured his ankle. The Vikings could handle that if ... well, if they didn't believe New Orleans went out of its way to sideline Favre.

    But they do. And they're hot.
    At this point, all this has become is locker room material for the Saints. They'll post these on their wall and rant and rave about how the Vikings are calling them dirty cheaters...even though it's true.

    The best plan of action is to simply make it our personal mission to absolutely destroy the Saints in every possible way. Hit hard - but clean. Run them ragged, then beat them silly. And, most importantly, WIN. It all means nothing if we lose.

    And maybe this will fire up Bryant McKinnie (Who has the AUDACITY to call himself "Pro-Bowl Left Tackle") to move his fat ass and block people from time to time.

    Caine
    lmao
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre-Vikings better than Favre-Packers
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
  2. Happy birthday: Favre hits the big 4-0
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
  3. Dirty cop
    By BigPep11 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 12:50 AM
  4. Favre Hits Ref in Face
    By Toss2Moss84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 06:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •