Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings-Steelers Week 7 Brawl Sure to Be Epic Show of Vintage Proportion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=51830.msg947430#msg947430 date=1242135279]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51830.msg947411#msg947411 date=1242134078]
    Thanks for the read My Sexy Little Pixie.
    Should be a epic "Hit you in the snot locker" kindof game that ends in a score of 10-7 or something along that lines.

Course the "Chuck it deep, score on every possession" crowd won't enjoy a game like that.

;D
    At least chuck it on 3rd downs and try to score on every possession.

Even though CT is an amazing 3rd down back, expecting him to get 10 yards from a screen or draw rarely works.
    Maybe if our Center can pull this year a screen will work.

;D

Im not sure why you want just Birk to pull so much

Normally the center doesn't even pull.. Mostly guards

Yes I am aware Birk used to way back in the day

But we should be pulling our guards.. Not sure if Herrera has the speed tho, he is very beastly but im not sure how fast he is
    I still find it amazing that he went from the best pulling C in the league before Childress, to somehow convincing Marrdro that he completely forgot how to play the position after Childress.

I'd love to see tape showing his inability to pull (not challening you Marr.. I just actually want to see, since I haven't really noticed)
    The good thing is we can watch him in Baltimore this year on Sunday ticket and see whether indeed his skills declined or if it was the system. It will be interesting to follow for sure.
    [/quote]
    Especially if they shift to a ZB scheme like they were talking.
    My guess is that they won't, at least this year, make that shift because of thier new C.
    [/quote]

well if Birk has 3 years of experience with the zone blocking scheme, I can't see Birk being the reason they choose not to make the switch.
    If anything he would help matters ratehr than hinder them.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51830.msg947501#msg947501 date=1242141749]
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=51830.msg947430#msg947430 date=1242135279]
    Should be a epic "Hit you in the snot locker" kindof game that ends in a score of 10-7 or something along that lines.

Course the "Chuck it deep, score on every possession" crowd won't enjoy a game like that.

;D

Even though CT is an amazing 3rd down back, expecting him to get 10 yards from a screen or draw rarely works.

;D

But we should be pulling our guards.. Not sure if Herrera has the speed tho, he is very beastly but im not sure how fast he is
    I still find it amazing that he went from the best pulling C in the league before Childress, to somehow convincing Marrdro that he completely forgot how to play the position after Childress.

I'd love to see tape showing his inability to pull (not challening you Marr.. I just actually want to see, since I haven't really noticed)
    The good thing is we can watch him in Baltimore this year on Sunday ticket and see whether indeed his skills declined or if it was the system. It will be interesting to follow for sure.
    [/quote]
    My guess is that they won't, at least this year, make that shift because of thier new C.
    [/quote]

well if Birk has 3 years of experience with the zone blocking scheme, I can't see Birk being the reason they choose not to make the switch.
    [/quote]
    If one were to believe he didn't struggle with that scheme.

I for one do believe most of Matts problems were directly related to the shift to the ZB scheme.
    Mix in alot of wear and tear on his knees and you might not want to go that route.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=51830.msg947545#msg947545 date=1242145531]

;D

;D

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I for one do believe most of Matts problems were directly related to the shift to the ZB scheme.
    Mix in alot of wear and tear on his knees and you might not want to go that route.
    [/quote]

weren't you the one always saying that Zone blocking is for the run game, and in pass protection they stick with a traditional man blocking?
    He did just fine run blocking.
    I'd say if anything, it would be more problematic having him re-learn an old scheme then go back to zone.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

[/quote]
    [/quote]

My guess is they won't either. Birk probably made sure there was language in his contract that excluded the team from any KAO variations ;D ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=51830.msg947550#msg947550 date=1242145658]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=51830.msg947545#msg947545 date=1242145531]

;D

;D

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

weren't you the one always saying that Zone blocking is for the run game, and in pass protection they stick with a traditional man blocking?
    He did just fine run blocking.
    I'd say if anything, it would be more problematic having him re-learn an old scheme then go back to zone.
    [/quote]
    Yes I am the one who said that, however, I am also the one who harped on what I believe was our inability to make correct line calls related to shifting in and out of the two schemes both by our QB and our C.

If they stick to a more traditional "Power Run"/"Man to Man"/"Drive" blocking scheme I think he will be fine.

Again, been watching stuff on the Ravens site and I haven't seen anything else mentioned about the ZB since Brown left and Birk was hired which leads me to believe they will opt not to go that way this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I havent been on this board for too long. But i constantly see marrdro saying this. im not trying to
    offend anyone or put anyone down. but whats up with that phrase you say constantly? i hope your giving other people the wrong impression as i may be getting. like i said i apologize if i am putting anyone down. i was just wondering. if its none of my business then it will never be brought up again. thanks

Blog Entries

"Sajid28" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I havent been on this board for too long. But i constantly see marrdro saying this. im not trying to
    offend anyone or put anyone down. but whats up with that phrase you say constantly? i hope your giving other people the wrong impression as i may be getting. like i said i apologize if i am putting anyone down. i was just wondering. if its none of my business then it will never be brought up again. thanks

LOL!

Marrdro constantly says "My F rie nd"
    However, Webby (the webmaster of the site) put a word filter in place to filter out swear words, for fun he put "My F riend" in the filter so everytime someone says that, it comes out as "MY Sexy Little Pixie"
    You can turn the word filter off if you want.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Sajid28" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    lol... we all have questions about Marrdro. Some of us even question his existence.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    lol... we all have questions about Marrdro. Some of us even question his existence.
    haha yea, its actually "Thank you my Æ’riend."
    Can go into your account settings and turnoff the word filter

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

test
    Thank you My Sexy Little Pixie

friend
    my friend

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast