Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings-Steelers Week 7 Brawl Sure to Be Epic Show of Vintage Proportion

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read My Sexy Little Pixie.
    Should be a epic "Hit you in the snot locker" kindof game that ends in a score of 10-7 or something along that lines.

Course the "Chuck it deep, score on every possession" crowd won't enjoy a game like that.

;D
    At least chuck it on 3rd downs and try to score on every possession.

Even though CT is an amazing 3rd down back, expecting him to get 10 yards from a screen or draw rarely works.
    Maybe if our Center can pull this year a screen will work.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NordicNed" wrote:

There is a very very good chance that this will be my "On the road" away game this season.
    Now that I've made a good friend in PA, because of my RV problems, I can easily see me and "Hillshaveeyes" hooking up for this game.
    I already know that I would really enjoy visiting 3 Rivers Stadium and cheering on our mighty Vikings on the road.
    Rob is a very enthusiastic Steelers fan, which will make it all that much more fun to attend.

Hey Ned, Week 7 you have no friend in PA. HA I can't wait regardless though. Should be an amazing game! I'm hoping to go to it so I hope thats the game you decided to journey too. GO STEELERS!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Someone is getting hurt that day.... not on the field, but in my house.

My roommates all give me so much shit for how intensely I love the Vikings and how intensely I hate the Steelers. My brother is a Steelers fan, so even if I go home that day to avoid putting someone in the hospital with a broken nose, jaw, or orbital there are going to be issues.

It's going to be a great game though, just prepare yourselves, we're not going to get a single call from the officials and the Steelers defensive reputation gets them off on a lot of should be penalties, so what we're getting flagged for they'll walk free. It's going to be ugly.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Should be a epic "Hit you in the snot locker" kindof game that ends in a score of 10-7 or something along that lines.

Course the "Chuck it deep, score on every possession" crowd won't enjoy a game like that.

;D

Even though CT is an amazing 3rd down back, expecting him to get 10 yards from a screen or draw rarely works.

;D

Im not sure why you want just Birk to pull so much

Normally the center doesn't even pull.. Mostly guards

Yes I am aware Birk used to way back in the day

But we should be pulling our guards.. Not sure if Herrera has the speed tho, he is very beastly but im not sure how fast he is

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

But we should be pulling our guards.. Not sure if Herrera has the speed tho, he is very beastly but im not sure how fast he is
    I still find it amazing that he went from the best pulling C in the league before Childress, to somehow convincing Marrdro that he completely forgot how to play the position after Childress.

I'd love to see tape showing his inability to pull (not challening you Marr.. I just actually want to see, since I haven't really noticed)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

I still find it amazing that he went from the best pulling C in the league before Childress, to somehow convincing Marrdro that he completely forgot how to play the position after Childress.

I'd love to see tape showing his inability to pull (not challening you Marr.. I just actually want to see, since I haven't really noticed)
    The good thing is we can watch him in Baltimore this year on Sunday ticket and see whether indeed his skills declined or if it was the system. It will be interesting to follow for sure.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51830.msg947411#msg947411 date=1242134078]

;D

;D

The good thing is we can watch him in Baltimore this year on Sunday ticket and see whether indeed his skills declined or if it was the system. It will be interesting to follow for sure.
    [/quote]

for those of you that get sunday ticket

I live in southern ontario though, we get a good share of Ravens games broadcasted.
    (about 95% of the time its bills games though )

Oh yea I am definitely gearin up for this baby. I live in Pittsburgh, I love the steelers too cuz my dad is a huge fan but come time this game is goin to be exciting and i am really tryin to get tickets to this game, and call me crazy but it's probably already sold out because even though the vikes are always with me til the day i die i will not refuse to say that steeler nation is one of the best fan bases in sports and they are
    willing to back their team no matter what, I guarantee there are the same amount of steeler fans in minnesota as vikings fans they are just everywhere. I am also goin to the game with my dad, he is a huge steeler fan but loves the vikes. On sunday when I wear my AP jersey I always put the terrible towel in my back pocket to show i like the steelers too, This is goin to probably be one of the most exciting football games I have ever seen. It's goin to be great defenses and great running offenses facin each other i am also willing to say that come week 7 this will be the primetime matchup on every network.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

I am sure he didn't forget.
    My guess is it has alot more to do with his knees than his memory.

Seriously, I don't have specific tape of it either, however, go back to our success at running them the last 2 years or so.
    For that matter, when we did try to run them, especially last year, most of the screens we did see were set up almost behind the C instead of outside like they are supposed to be.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51830.msg947411#msg947411 date=1242134078]

;D

;D

[/quote]
    Especially if they shift to a ZB scheme like they were talking.
    My guess is that they won't, at least this year, make that shift because of thier new C.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast