Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings-Steelers Week 7 Brawl Sure to Be Epic Show of Vintage Proportion

[size=13pt]Vikings-Steelers Week Seven Brawl Sure to Be Epic Show of Vintage Proportion[/size]

In January of 1975, the Pittsburgh Steelers made their Super Bowl debut against the Minnesota Vikings, who looked to win their first Lombardi Trophy after failing twice prior...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings-Steelers Week 7 Brawl Sure to Be Epic Show of Vintage Proportion

Thanks for the read my friend.
    Should be a epic "Hit you in the snot locker" kindof game that ends in a score of 10-7 or something along that lines.

Course the "Chuck it deep, score on every possession" crowd won't enjoy a game like that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.
    Should be a epic "Hit you in the snot locker" kindof game that ends in a score of 10-7 or something along that lines.

Course the "Chuck it deep, score on every possession" crowd won't enjoy a game like that.

;D
    At least chuck it on 3rd downs and try to score on every possession.

Even though CT is an amazing 3rd down back, expecting him to get 10 yards from a screen or draw rarely works.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

my roomate next year is a huge Steelers fan, so this could be interesting.
    I hope to god they win.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

There is a very very good chance that this will be my "On the road" away game this season.
    Now that I've made a good friend in PA, because of my RV problems, I can easily see me and "Hillshaveeyes" hooking up for this game.
    I already know that I would really enjoy visiting 3 Rivers Stadium and cheering on our mighty Vikings on the road.
    Rob is a very enthusiastic Steelers fan, which will make it all that much more fun to attend.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:

There is a very very good chance that this will be my "On the road" away game this season.
    Now that I've made a good friend in PA, because of my RV problems, I can easily see me and "Hillshaveeyes" hooking up for this game.
    I already know that I would really enjoy visiting 3 Rivers Stadium and cheering on our mighty Vikings on the road.
    Rob is a very enthusiastic Steelers fan, which will make it all that much more fun to attend.

haha... Steelers haven't played at 3 rivers stadium for years... its that age thing creeping up on you :P
    just kiddin.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I can only pray the game doesn't resemble superbowl IX.

Fran threw 3 interceptions, one of which was on the Steelers 5 yard line.
    Dave Osborn fumbled a pitch in our end zone for the first ever superbowl safety.
    The half time score was 2-0.

The game was close. The Vikings were in it almost all the way. The score was 9-6 Steelers in the fourth quarter.
    There was a very controversial call by the refs, that led to a touchdown for the Steelers, that sealed the deal.

I pulled this out of Wiki for anyone interested. This is the Superbowl we should have won.

WIKI
    "In the fourth quarter,......the Vikings had cut their deficit to 9-6 and were just a field goal away from a tie.

But on the ensuing drive, the Steelers put the game out of reach with a 66 yard, 11 play scoring drive that took 6:47 off the clock and featured three successful third down conversions. The first was a key 30-yard pass completion from Terry Bradshaw to tight end Larry Brown. Brown fumbled the ball as he was being tackled, and two officials initially ruled the ball recovered for the Vikings, but head linesman Ed Marion overuled them, stating that Brown was down by contact before the ball came out of his hands."

2009= Time for some payback.

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"NordicNed" wrote:

Don´t forget it

El underdog.

Jilly is offline Coach

"NordicNed" wrote:

Count us in if you want to meet up to tailgate or something. It's just over a 3 hour drive so we plan on making this game.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read My Sexy Little Pixie.

;D
    and if Bert is at QB you'll have to modify that to " sorry guys, my arm won't let me throw more than 5 yds "
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast