Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Vikings Stats of the Week

* The Vikings have outscored opponents 45-3 in the 3rd quarter. Minnesota’s 45 points in the 3rd quarter is the most of any team, and the Vikings rank 4th in overall scoring with 29.5 PPG. * The Vikings 5-0 start is the first for 19-year veteran QB Brett Favre. He had two 4-0 starts prior
    to this season (1998, 2007 - GB). * The Vikings 156 total points this season leads all NFL teams, and the team’s 31.2 points
    per game ranks 3rd (New Orleans and Philadelphia have had a bye but are averaging more
    points through their 4 games). * LB Chad Greenway and DE Jared Allen are currently tied for 2nd in the NFL with 2 defensive
    fumble recoveries on the season. * Last week the Vikings became the 15th franchise in NFL history to win 400 games (400-322-9). * The Vikings have given up just 4 turnovers on the season, the 2nd-lowest in the NFL. * The Vikings defense has allowed just 69 offensive points through the first 5 games, which
    is the 5th-lowest in the league.
    RB Adrian Peterson has 481 rushing yards and 7 TDs through the first 5 games compared to 452 yards and 3 TDs through the first 5 games last season. His 7 rushing TDs rank 1st.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings Stats of the Week

The Vikings have given up just 4 turnovers on the season, the 2nd-lowest in the NFL.
    I can honestly say that that stat right there amazes the shit out of me. Course I don't need to elobarate on why now do I.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Webby" wrote:
    * The Vikings have outscored opponents 45-3 in the 3rd quarter. Minnesota’s 45 points in the 3rd quarter is the most of any team,
    That is a great stat. IMHO the biggest problem with the team in the past 3 seasons is their failure to adjust during the games. We could almost always go down the field and score on the opening drive, but then we would stall out. Now we become more dangerous as the game progresses which is a great feeling.

"Webby" wrote:
    and the Vikings rank 4th in overall scoring with 29.5 PPG. * The Vikings 5-0 start is the first for 19-year veteran QB Brett Favre. He had two 4-0 starts prior
    to this season (1998, 2007 - GB). *
    Another positive. Any time you start out 5-0 you are that much closer to locking up your division.

"Webby" wrote:
    The Vikings 156 total points this season leads all NFL teams, and the team’s 31.2 points
    per game ranks 3rd (New Orleans and Philadelphia have had a bye but are averaging more
    points through their 4 games).
    The defense has stepped up and helped get these numbers up but the offense and especially the passing game have really made a step in the right direction too.

"Webby" wrote:
    * LB Chad Greenway and DE Jared Allen are currently tied for 2nd in the NFL with 2 defensive
    fumble recoveries on the season. *
    Nice.

"Webby" wrote:
    Last week the Vikings became the 15th franchise in NFL history to win 400 games (400-322-9). *
    A great milestone. Hopefully a few .750 or above seasons to bring our average up.

"Webby" wrote:
    The Vikings have given up just 4 turnovers on the season, the 2nd-lowest in the NFL. *
    Ball control is important, but the best part is we have been very frugal with turnovers while at the same time we have been more aggressive in the passing game. That is huge.

"Webby" wrote:
    The Vikings defense has allowed just 69 offensive points through the first 5 games, which
    is the 5th-lowest in the league.
    And the goal line stands coupled with the turnovers they have gotten at the goal line have indirectly boosted every other stat on both sides of the ball.

"Webby" wrote:
    RB Adrian Peterson has 481 rushing yards and 7 TDs through the first 5 games compared to 452 yards and 3 TDs through the first 5 games last season. His 7 rushing TDs rank 1st.
    That is impressive considering the lack of 100 yard games in the past few weeks. Just wait until he busts loose

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    That is impressive considering the lack of 100 yard games in the past few weeks. Just wait until he busts loose
    His yards are about the same as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

according to the pundits we have the most turnover prone quarterback and running back on the offense yet we're second fewest in giveaways... who would've thunk it?
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

"carta4eva" wrote:
    according to the pundits we have the most turnover prone quarterback and running back on the offense yet we're second fewest in giveaways... who would've thunk it?
    Not me, thats for damn sure.
    Obviously the coaches are doing thier job...... ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Not me, thats for gol 'darnit sure.
    If Lord Farve continues this through December and January we just might be going to MIAMI....
    :-X

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    If Lord Farve continues this through December and January we just might be going to MIAMI....
    Nope, not gonna do it.
    You can't bait me into that discussion as I've made promises to stay out of that mess.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Nope, not gonna do it.
    You can't bait me into that discussion as I've made promises to stay out of that mess.

Thought I got you to take the bait
    :P

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Webby" wrote:

People need to pay attention to this one.
    Everyone is complaining how Peterson has been held in check all season, when so far he's been more productive than last season.
    As well, he had what, 10 TD's total last season?
    He's at 7 now and the season is only a third done.
    NFL record for rushing TD's is 28, he's on pace for 22, not too shabby at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast