Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

    Offense

    Total Offense (YPG): 12th
    Total pts: 12th
    Penalties: 6th
    Penalty yds: 5th
    TOP: 8th
    Fumbles: tied for 2nd
    TO ratio: -4

    Penalties and turnovers stand out.

    Defense

    Yds/game: 8th
    Total pts given up: 24th
    Penalties: 1st
    Penalty yds: 1st
    INTs: 19th
    Sacks: 10th

    Penalties and pts given up stand out.
    Last year it was a lot of yds/game and not so many pts.

    The damn penalties are killing this team.
    Leading the pack in D and in the top 6/5 in O.
    No excuse for that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,312

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    "Prophet" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

    Offense

    Total Offense (YPG): 12th
    Total pts: 12th
    Penalties: 6th
    Penalty yds: 5th
    TOP: 8th
    Fumbles: tied for 2nd
    TO ratio: -4

    Penalties and turnovers stand out.

    Defense

    Yds/game: 8th
    Total pts given up: 24th
    Penalties: 1st
    Penalty yds: 1st
    INTs: 19th
    Sacks: 10th

    Penalties and pts given up stand out.
    Last year it was a lot of yds/game and not so many pts.

    The damn penalties are killing this team.
    Leading the pack in D and in the top 6/5 in O.
    No excuse for that.
    Yeah ... we give up WAY too many penalties and we give up points too often.
    Also, we have far too few interceptions. We need to get some actualy plays from someone in our secondary other than Winfield at some point this season.

  3. #3
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    Bad teams take penalties. Colts, Raiders, and the vikings i guess
    We're bringing purple back.

  4. #4
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    782

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

    Offense

    Total Offense (YPG): 12th
    Total pts: 12th
    Penalties: 6th
    Penalty yds: 5th
    TOP: 8th
    Fumbles: tied for 2nd
    TO ratio: -4

    Penalties and turnovers stand out.

    Defense

    Yds/game: 8th
    Total pts given up: 24th
    Penalties: 1st
    Penalty yds: 1st
    INTs: 19th
    Sacks: 10th

    Penalties and pts given up stand out.
    Last year it was a lot of yds/game and not so many pts.

    The damn penalties are killing this team.
    Leading the pack in D and in the top 6/5 in O.
    No excuse for that.
    Yeah ... we give up WAY too many penalties and we give up points too often.
    Also, we have far too few interceptions. We need to get some actualy plays from someone in our secondary other than Winfield at some point this season.
    This year we are giving up TDs where we gave up field goals last year. STs must also be considered in points allowed.

  5. #5
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    Gee I wonder who is responsible for the discipline and focus of this team...


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    "Prophet" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

    Offense

    Total Offense (YPG): 12th
    Total pts: 12th
    Penalties: 6th
    Penalty yds: 5th
    TOP: 8th
    Fumbles: tied for 2nd
    TO ratio: -4

    Penalties and turnovers stand out.

    Defense

    Yds/game: 8th
    Total pts given up: 24th
    Penalties: 1st
    Penalty yds: 1st
    INTs: 19th
    Sacks: 10th

    Penalties and pts given up stand out.
    Last year it was a lot of yds/game and not so many pts.

    The damn penalties are killing this team.
    Leading the pack in D and in the top 6/5 in O.
    No excuse for that.
    Now you have C

  7. #7
    Storm's Avatar
    Storm is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    492

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Gee I wonder who is responsible for the discipline and focus of this team...
    Clearly not the coaches, no sir!

  8. #8
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    What happened to the days not so long ago when our secondary was swarming the ball, making INT after INT? I miss that.
    Sit back Griffin and invisible safeties would lead to that I guess.

  9. #9
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Vikings statistic ranking through wk 7 '08

    pentalties are an obvious problem, but 2 or more that went our way helped us win 2 games.
    we know that this is a part of our problem but lets not pretend that any part of the team has played well, outside of the defense a couple of games here or there, and the offense this past week.
    besides that the pentalties are just an example of our continual sloppiness.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Similar Threads

  1. Colts Vikings statistic predictions.
    By benjamite in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 10:04 PM
  2. Ranking LBs
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 07:07 PM
  3. Vikings pre-season ranking is 12th by Yahoo
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 05:02 AM
  4. Ranking the new Vikings - from the good to the bad
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 03:32 PM
  5. Friday's game against the Packers - a fun statistic
    By GNU in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 10:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •