Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings’ starting QB job suddenly up for grabs

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Tarvaris is going to be a bust at the NFL level. We need to dump him now and get a real QB !! Tarvaris is totally UNPROVEN at the NFL level.
    You contradicted your self in the first three lines.
    If he is "totally unproven" at the NFL level, how can you say that he is going to be a bust at the NFL level.
    You can't, because neither you nor anybody else outside the coaching staff has seen enough of him to make an educated guess one way or the other.

Notice I said "educated" guess.
    Obviously you can still make guesses, they just tend to fall into the other category...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Tarvaris is going to be a bust at the NFL level. We need to dump him now and get a real QB !! Tarvaris is totally UNPROVEN at the NFL level.
    wow this guy must be great at looking at the tapes because I cant tell weather Tjack will be a bust by what he did last year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    wow this guy must be great at looking at the tapes because I cant tell weather Tjack will be a bust by what he did last year.
    Don't worry my friend, these types of guys spend hours reading thier one magazine they get a year and then jump on places like this and regurge what they read.

Kindof funny trying to imagine this guy sitting at his computer and typing what was in the magazine and then throwing in a few words of his own like "I think" "My opinion" ect all the while thinking he is gonna impress someone.

I quit several other sites like this because of drivel posters just like that.
    Sure hope he goes and visits them and leaves us alone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MN INT KINKG21 is offline Waterboy

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Tarvaris is going to be a bust at the NFL level. We need to dump him now and get a real QB !! Tarvaris is totally UNPROVEN at the NFL level. He comes from a 1-AA school. He can run a bit, but so what ? Most mediocre NFL QBs can run a bit. T-Jax has a strong arm, but throws without any real accuracy. He hasn't shown he can read a defense yet. Why the Vikings think they can compete in the modern NFL without a modern QB who reads defenses is beyond me. Do you think we can ever win against the Colts or Patriots with a running QB who can't see where the safeties are and what to do during a zone blitz ? T-Jax immediately runs outside when his first read is covered. That is not good. Most good AFC teams would eat him up in the Super Bowl. In addition, T-Jax does not show "freakish" physical skills along the lines of Vince Young. I.e. I do not think that the "upside" to Tarvaris is that high. To me, he is Charlie Batch or Frye, but nothing better. And the fact that he is not that accurate or good at getting the ball to the receivers means that defenses we face can stack the box against our running backs. The entire scenario looks bad.

Hey Mrs. Cleo, today I have a softball game and it is for the SHIP. Are we gonna win?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    You contradicted your self in the first three lines.
    If he is "totally unproven" at the NFL level, how can you say that he is going to be a bust at the NFL level.
    You can't, because neither you nor anybody else outside the coaching staff has seen enough of him to make an educated guess one way or the other.

Notice I said "educated" guess.
    Obviously you can still make guesses, they just tend to fall into the other category...
    He probably lost his place while he was retyping what was in the magazine NP resulting in the contridiction.
    ;D

Drivel my friend, drivel.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think I was one of the first to bet Bollinger started this year. My stance hasn't changed.
    Cojo, didn't you also say they were going to cut my man Kleinsasser?
    I hope they don't cut him, but if Bollinger is the better QB then we need to start him.
    I do believe Jackson will win the job in camp.
    If he does not, then we better sign Holcomb, or anyone that can help us.
    I didn't say THEY were going to cut him, I said I just didn't think he could make it this year -- at least not at tight end. He's a far better blocker in the fullback position in my estimation than he is a tight end. I never thought he had great hands and he just doesn't have the moves or the speed to be a tight end in MY ESTIMATION!
    Just a wild guess on my part is sll.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MN" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Tarvaris is going to be a bust at the NFL level. We need to dump him now and get a real QB !! Tarvaris is totally UNPROVEN at the NFL level. He comes from a 1-AA school. He can run a bit, but so what ? Most mediocre NFL QBs can run a bit. T-Jax has a strong arm, but throws without any real accuracy. He hasn't shown he can read a defense yet. Why the Vikings think they can compete in the modern NFL without a modern QB who reads defenses is beyond me. Do you think we can ever win against the Colts or Patriots with a running QB who can't see where the safeties are and what to do during a zone blitz ? T-Jax immediately runs outside when his first read is covered. That is not good. Most good AFC teams would eat him up in the Super Bowl. In addition, T-Jax does not show "freakish" physical skills along the lines of Vince Young. I.e. I do not think that the "upside" to Tarvaris is that high. To me, he is Charlie Batch or Frye, but nothing better. And the fact that he is not that accurate or good at getting the ball to the receivers means that defenses we face can stack the box against our running backs. The entire scenario looks bad.

Hey Mrs. Cleo, today I have a softball game and it is for the SHIP. Are we gonna win?
    LMAO. I like you.
    Only two posts so far, and both good ones.
    GO introduce yourself properly in the Free Beer forum!
    Skol and Welcome!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think I was one of the first to bet Bollinger started this year. My stance hasn't changed.
    I hope they don't cut him, but if Bollinger is the better QB then we need to start him.
    I didn't they were going to cut him, I said I just didn't think he could make it this year -- at least not at tight end. He's a far better blocker in the fullback position in my estimation than he is a tight end. I never thought he had great hands and he just doesn't have the moves or the speed to be a tight end in MY ESTIMATION!
    I think that COJO is on to something here.
    He is a beast, and didn't he play FB like the first year or second he was with the team, then got moved back to TE?

He is a great blocker and could/can really help out with pass protection and opening holes for the RB's.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I didn't say THEY were going to cut him, I said I just didn't think he could make it this year -- at least not at tight end. He's a far better blocker in the fullback position in my estimation than he is a tight end. I never thought he had great hands and he just doesn't have the moves or the speed to be a tight end in MY ESTIMATION!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Cojo.
    I remember when we effectively used him in the H-back position.
    He is a beast of a blocker.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I didn't they were going to cut him, I said I just didn't think he could make it this year -- at least not at tight end. He's a far better blocker in the fullback position in my estimation than he is a tight end. I never thought he had great hands and he just doesn't have the moves or the speed to be a tight end in MY ESTIMATION!
    I think that COJO is on to something here.
    He is a beast, and didn't he play FB like the first year or second he was with the team, then got moved back to TE?

He is a great blocker and could/can really help out with pass protection and opening holes for the RB's.
    Yep. The moved him from FB to TE & changed his number. I don't recall if the used him as a TE or FB when he first came here, but they used him as a blocker for the most part. One of the best blocking TE's you'll ever see play the game.

His hands were never that great, but I always loved the plays where he would block on short & goal, then sneak into the endzone where Culpepper would hit him fo 6.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast