Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Re: Vikings’ starting QB job suddenly up for grabs

If Tjack dont start we will never know if he can take on 16+ games, or to draft a QB next year. would just be plain stupid if we start BB. even though I like BB I think we should see if Tjack can handle it.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Suddenly profootball weekley's face is punched in.

How is this sudden?
    Chili stated this at the end of last season.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Umm....dur?

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think I was one of the first to bet Bollinger started this year. My stance hasn't changed.
    Cojo, didn't you also say they were going to cut my man Kleinsasser?
    I hope they don't cut him, but if Bollinger is the better QB then we need to start him.
    I do believe Jackson will win the job in camp.
    If he does not, then we better sign Holcomb, or anyone that can help us.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I was really suprised when we didn't go after anyone in FA or any of the QB's that were up for trade.
    Neither of our two possible starting QB's thrill me all that much.
    The one game Brooks played in he looked good, but then got hurt right away, TJ hasn't done anything to impress me at all.
    He's young and hopefully will impress me for years to come.
    I'll say it though, our offense, save the running backs of course, scares the hell outta me.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Tarvaris is going to be a bust at the NFL level. We need to dump him now and get a real QB !! Tarvaris is totally UNPROVEN at the NFL level. He comes from a 1-AA school. He can run a bit, but so what ? Most mediocre NFL QBs can run a bit. T-Jax has a strong arm, but throws without any real accuracy. He hasn't shown he can read a defense yet. Why the Vikings think they can compete in the modern NFL without a modern QB who reads defenses is beyond me. Do you think we can ever win against the Colts or Patriots with a running QB who can't see where the safeties are and what to do during a zone blitz ? T-Jax immediately runs outside when his first read is covered. That is not good. Most good AFC teams would eat him up in the Super Bowl. In addition, T-Jax does not show "freakish" physical skills along the lines of Vince Young. I.e. I do not think that the "upside" to Tarvaris is that high. To me, he is Charlie Batch or Frye, but nothing better. And the fact that he is not that accurate or good at getting the ball to the receivers means that defenses we face can stack the box against our running backs. The entire scenario looks bad.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Umm....dur?
    my thoughts exactly... nothing we havent heard from childress the whole off season

Thanks josdin00

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Tarvaris is going to be a bust at the NFL level. We need to dump him now and get a real QB !! Tarvaris is totally UNPROVEN at the NFL level. He comes from a 1-AA school. He can run a bit, but so what ? Most mediocre NFL QBs can run a bit. T-Jax has a strong arm, but throws without any real accuracy. He hasn't shown he can read a defense yet. Why the Vikings think they can compete in the modern NFL without a modern QB who reads defenses is beyond me. Do you think we can ever win against the Colts or Patriots with a running QB who can't see where the safeties are and what to do during a zone blitz ? T-Jax immediately runs outside when his first read is covered. That is not good. Most good AFC teams would eat him up in the Super Bowl. In addition, T-Jax does not show "freakish" physical skills along the lines of Vince Young. I.e. I do not think that the "upside" to Tarvaris is that high. To me, he is Charlie Batch or Frye, but nothing better. And the fact that he is not that accurate or good at getting the ball to the receivers means that defenses we face can stack the box against our running backs. The entire scenario looks bad.
    And you are basing your judgement on the 2 plus games you seen him play last year.
    I would reserve judgement for now.
    Give the kid a chance to prove himself.
    To show that he can be an NFL QB.
    If he is out of the league in 3 years then you were correct.
    But, at least give the kid
    a shot.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    And you are basing your judgement on the 2 plus games you seen him play last year.
    I would reserve judgement for now.
    Give the kid a chance to prove himself.
    To show that he can be an NFL QB.
    If he is out of the league in 3 years then you were correct.
    But, at least give the kid
    a shot.
    No, he is basing it off some media guide that he refers to as "The Bible." This is just some expert's opinion regurgitated, which pisses me off just as much as those who blindly put their faith in Childress.

FORM YOUR OWN OPINIONS.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    You know my friend we aren't supposed to attack posters by calling them names or to make them feel bad with respect to thier posts, but you are trying my patience today.

You posted this same drivel in a thread already.
    Don't, please don't post it another. >
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast