Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings Start Reflection, Looking Ahead

"Frostbite" wrote:
    well....the Team Doctors kept Rice off the field not the coaches. Rice was being overly optomistic about it being 97 percent. I like his attitude though. He would have played if he was cleared.
    Second thing about the article I found interesting was how loyal B.Wade was addressing the T.Williamson situation. He was very generous/gracious in talking about Troy. I think that says a lot about B.Wade too.

Childress comment/quote did not surprise me. He has said similar things after poor games most of the time this season. He's right...they are an 8 and 8 team with lot's of room for improvement in 08.

Happy New Year.....Cheers!
    Excellent point my friend.

You would think that after all my efforts some still don't quiet get it that the Chiller just doesn't have all the power and doesn't make all the decisions on who gets on the field.

He does have the power to not play a guy once he makes the roster (i.e. AD) for missing the team bus.

The ones who continually miss out on a simple thing like that will probably be the same ones who will call the HC stupid for treating a Star player that way and will think that he should have made concessions for him cause he is a star.

Very sad my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Frostbite" wrote:
    well....the Team Doctors kept Rice off the field not the coaches. Rice was being overly optomistic about it being 97 percent. I like his attitude though. He would have played if he was cleared.

Second thing about the article I found interesting was how loyal B.Wade was addressing the T.Williamson situation. He was very generous/gracious in talking about Troy. I think that says a lot about B.Wade too.

Childress comment/quote did not surprise me. He has said similar things after poor games most of the time this season. He's right...they are an 8 and 8 team with lot's of room for improvement in 08.

Doesn't it seem strange that they held Rice out at 97% when half of the roster is less than 90% at this point in the season? ???

I would guess that AP's knee was not 97% when he came back and I am guessing TJ was also not 100% when he was put back in. Have we gotten to a point where players have to be painless to play? If he wanted to go, let him go.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I believe Rice meant he would have had a 97% chance to catch the balls that T-Will dropped.....

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Doesn't it seem strange that they held Rice out at 97% when half of the roster is less than 90% at this point in the season? ???

I would guess that AP's knee was not 97% when he came back and I am guessing TJ was also not 100% when he was put back in. Have we gotten to a point where players have to be painless to play? If he wanted to go, let him go.
    I still have lots of doubts about AP's health after he came back. I think it had a lot to do with his lack of produciton (that and facing 9 guys all the time).

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

I still have lots of doubts about AP's health after he came back. I think it had a lot to do with his lack of produciton (that and facing 9 guys all the time).

Yes...that's a good point Ltrey. I think it could also have been a sub-consious frustration about seeing the stacked box, and realizing that the defense knows when you are running most of the time. At some point you hit a mental wall against that type of scenario, especially a rookie, and especailly after being injured.

We are going to have to find some other ways to use AD more often in running downs next season. T.Jack will also have to be able to stretch the field for the running game to keep defenses honest against the run.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Who said Rice was 97%? Was it Rice himself, the coaches, the Doc? If it was Rice, then that 97% is very subjective (I don't think Rice is a Doc). If it was the coaches, then you have an argument. If it was the Doc, great decision. Guys play hurt. But come on now, if that is the case, AW should have been in the game also.

Frostbite is offline Coach

"grpape" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Who said Rice was 97%? Was it Rice himself, the coaches, the Doc? If it was Rice, then that 97% is very subjective (I don't think Rice is a Doc). If it was the coaches, then you have an argument. If it was the Doc, great decision. Guys play hurt. But come on now, if that is the case, AW should have been in the game also.

Yes... it was Rice himself. High ankle sprains are no joke either....can lead to career ending troubles later if not protected and allowed to heal up fully. Rice has a bright future here. I think that if he could have played without futher risking more serious issues he would have been cleared and been in.

Cheers!

Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Yes... it was Rice himself. High ankle sprains are no joke either....can lead to career ending troubles later if not protected and allowed to heal up fully. Rice has a bright future here. I think that if he could have played without futher risking more serious issues he would have been cleared and been in.

Cheers!

That would be my point then. You can't blame Chilly or the coaches for not playing him. It just isn't their call. I'm pretty sure if the Chiller knew that the Skins were gonna lose against Dallas, and Rice would make the game winning catch, he would've played him (if it really was his decision). Like Frost said, a high ankle sprain can be a bad thing. Let him rest and come back 120% (Rice would say) ;D and wreak havoc in 08'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12