i hate hype.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

The Packers line has been better than ours for the past 2 years and until we come out and play better, all the polls in the world won't change that. They do have less money invested in their line and they are also a much younger unit, but the were certainly more effective than ours last year. Heck, down the final stretch of the regular season even their running game with Grant was more effective than ours was with AP and CT
    Agreed. GB has been better.
    Grant was successful rushing against us when many teams weren't.
    GB was smart enough to run at the edges of our defense instead of up the middle. And it worked.
    I think he rushed for over 100 yds. the second game.
    I hope Frazier took note and remembers that. They are going to try it again in the season opener with Rodgers in there.
    Grant had Brett Favre throwing the ball to Driver, and the other receivers. That is the reason he ran so well, he had a great passing game. AP never had that luxury.
    How do I account for all those other teams that couldn't break 100 yds. against our number one rush defense?
    Was it because they didn't have Brett Favre and good receivers?
    That played a role. But the difference was running outside instead of up the middle.
    GB also played alot of 4 WR sets to spread the field, causing us to take either LBs or DLs off the field, and they would run it with a single back formation which was a huge advantage to them because it didnt allow us to blitz, hence having to cover 4 WRs

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Agreed. GB has been better.
    Grant was successful rushing against us when many teams weren't.
    GB was smart enough to run at the edges of our defense instead of up the middle. And it worked.
    I think he rushed for over 100 yds. the second game.
    I hope Frazier took note and remembers that. They are going to try it again in the season opener with Rodgers in there.
    119 rushing & 20 receiving.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

The Packers line has been better than ours for the past 2 years and until we come out and play better, all the polls in the world won't change that. They do have less money invested in their line and they are also a much younger unit, but the were certainly more effective than ours last year. Heck, down the final stretch of the regular season even their running game with Grant was more effective than ours was with AP and CT
    Last 8 games....

AD+CT
    RG

----

----

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

The other teams you named did not have an ineffective Qb in the pocket. Packs line didn't have to block for long durations because of the amount of quick slants they ran.

I think our Oline is a lot better than we know but we have yet to have a talented Qb back there. Hopefully this is the year TJ proves to be that QB. Watch how much better our Oline looks if he has matured.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    The other teams you named did not have an ineffective Qb in the pocket. Packs line didn't have to block for long durations because of the amount of quick slants they ran.

I think our Oline is a lot better than we know but we have yet to have a talented Qb back there. Hopefully this is the year TJ proves to be that QB. Watch how much better our Oline looks if he has matured.
    Did you even watch the Vikings-Packers games this past year? Favre had time to take a piss before throwing on a lot of his passes.

It isn't "Look how good the offensive line looks with a good QB in there". It's "Look how good the QB looks with a good offensive line in there".

Our line gave up 38 sacks last year. The QB's didn't have much time at all. Johnson suffered the same in 2006 & in 2005 RB's were getting nailed in the backfield before they were even handed the ball.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Did you even watch the Vikings-Packers games this past year? Favre had time to take a piss before throwing on a lot of his passes.

It isn't "Look how good the offensive line looks with a good QB in there". It's "Look how good the QB looks with a good offensive line in there".

Our line gave up 38 sacks last year. The QB's didn't have much time at all. Johnson suffered the same in 2006 & in 2005 RB's were getting nailed in the backfield before they were even handed the ball.

And the Packers line gave up 19 which in my book is about half.

Aaron Rodgers, who had less playing time that Jackson, played in 2 games but had a 71% completion % and a qb rating of 105.9. Even higher than Brett's. So either their line is better than ours, or the Packers have another HOF QB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12