Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,727

    Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

    i hate hype.

  2. #12
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

    The Packers line has been better than ours for the past 2 years and until we come out and play better, all the polls in the world won't change that. They do have less money invested in their line and they are also a much younger unit, but the were certainly more effective than ours last year. Heck, down the final stretch of the regular season even their running game with Grant was more effective than ours was with AP and CT
    Agreed. GB has been better.
    Grant was successful rushing against us when many teams weren't.
    GB was smart enough to run at the edges of our defense instead of up the middle. And it worked.
    I think he rushed for over 100 yds. the second game.
    I hope Frazier took note and remembers that. They are going to try it again in the season opener with Rodgers in there.
    Grant had Brett Favre throwing the ball to Driver, and the other receivers. That is the reason he ran so well, he had a great passing game. AP never had that luxury.
    How do I account for all those other teams that couldn't break 100 yds. against our number one rush defense?
    Was it because they didn't have Brett Favre and good receivers?
    That played a role. But the difference was running outside instead of up the middle.
    GB also played alot of 4 WR sets to spread the field, causing us to take either LBs or DLs off the field, and they would run it with a single back formation which was a huge advantage to them because it didnt allow us to blitz, hence having to cover 4 WRs

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

    Agreed. GB has been better.
    Grant was successful rushing against us when many teams weren't.
    GB was smart enough to run at the edges of our defense instead of up the middle. And it worked.
    I think he rushed for over 100 yds. the second game.
    I hope Frazier took note and remembers that. They are going to try it again in the season opener with Rodgers in there.
    119 rushing & 20 receiving.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

    The Packers line has been better than ours for the past 2 years and until we come out and play better, all the polls in the world won't change that. They do have less money invested in their line and they are also a much younger unit, but the were certainly more effective than ours last year. Heck, down the final stretch of the regular season even their running game with Grant was more effective than ours was with AP and CT
    Last 8 games....

    AD+CT
    RG

    85




    119
    164



    88
    77




    101
    186



    94
    104



    156
    109



    55
    41




    100
    119



    57
    ----



    ----
    885



    770


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

    The other teams you named did not have an ineffective Qb in the pocket. Packs line didn't have to block for long durations because of the amount of quick slants they ran.

    I think our Oline is a lot better than we know but we have yet to have a talented Qb back there. Hopefully this is the year TJ proves to be that QB. Watch how much better our Oline looks if he has matured.

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    The other teams you named did not have an ineffective Qb in the pocket. Packs line didn't have to block for long durations because of the amount of quick slants they ran.

    I think our Oline is a lot better than we know but we have yet to have a talented Qb back there. Hopefully this is the year TJ proves to be that QB. Watch how much better our Oline looks if he has matured.
    Did you even watch the Vikings-Packers games this past year? Favre had time to take a piss before throwing on a lot of his passes.

    It isn't "Look how good the offensive line looks with a good QB in there". It's "Look how good the QB looks with a good offensive line in there".

    Our line gave up 38 sacks last year. The QB's didn't have much time at all. Johnson suffered the same in 2006 & in 2005 RB's were getting nailed in the backfield before they were even handed the ball.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    The other teams you named did not have an ineffective Qb in the pocket. Packs line didn't have to block for long durations because of the amount of quick slants they ran.

    I think our Oline is a lot better than we know but we have yet to have a talented Qb back there. Hopefully this is the year TJ proves to be that QB. Watch how much better our Oline looks if he has matured.
    Did you even watch the Vikings-Packers games this past year? Favre had time to take a piss before throwing on a lot of his passes.

    It isn't "Look how good the offensive line looks with a good QB in there". It's "Look how good the QB looks with a good offensive line in there".

    Our line gave up 38 sacks last year. The QB's didn't have much time at all. Johnson suffered the same in 2006 & in 2005 RB's were getting nailed in the backfield before they were even handed the ball.

    And the Packers line gave up 19 which in my book is about half.


    Aaron Rodgers, who had less playing time that Jackson, played in 2 games but had a 71% completion % and a qb rating of 105.9. Even higher than Brett's. So either their line is better than ours, or the Packers have another HOF QB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Props for the Vikings Offensive Line
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 06:47 AM
  2. Vikings' Offensive Line
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
  3. Vikings' offensive line still developing
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 05:49 AM
  4. Vikings offensive line: Right wants added might
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 07:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •