Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North[/size]

Cory Koehler examines the strength of offensive lines in the NFC North.

by Corey Koehler (Scribe)
    bleacherreport.com

July 19, 2008

The Minnesota Vikings may have made a big splash in the off season by acquiring defensive lineman Jared Allen from Kansas City, but the team’s biggest asset is on the offensive side of the ball....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Stake Claim To Top Offensive Line in NFC North

NFC North Yes, NFC Conference? I'm not sure...

The right side is very underrated IMO. Ok they haven't been outstanding but they are getting there. another year of experience is really good for this group of guys.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    NFC North Yes, NFC Conference? I'm not sure...

The right side is very underrated IMO. Ok they haven't been outstanding but they are getting there. another year of experience is really good for this group of guys.
    I agree, but depth is probably my biggest concern.
    Hopefully the McKinney saga will play itself out and not end up hurting the team too much.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I disagree.

The Packers line has been better than ours for the past 2 years and until we come out and play better, all the polls in the world won't change that. They do have less money invested in their line and they are also a much younger unit, but the were certainly more effective than ours last year. Heck, down the final stretch of the regular season even their running game with Grant was more effective than ours was with AP and CT

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, maybe the best run blocking line in the NFC, id put the vikes 3rd best in the NFC at best

1. Dallas Cowboys,
    2. GB Packers
    3. Vikings

they over rate the vikings pass blocking because of how well we do with run blocking, but ill take top 3 in the NFC

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Disagree.

The Packers have a better line. We are maybe in the top 10 for the NFL but not the best.

Birk needs to play hard this year. I think he will since his contract is due up but with the new child is he thinking retirement? Hutch is great, maybe the best. Mac has his ups and downs. Herrera is ok at best. Cook, well, the jury is still out on him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

The Packers line has been better than ours for the past 2 years and until we come out and play better, all the polls in the world won't change that. They do have less money invested in their line and they are also a much younger unit, but the were certainly more effective than ours last year. Heck, down the final stretch of the regular season even their running game with Grant was more effective than ours was with AP and CT
    I agree with UffDa & Mars on this one. Their line has always given Favre & Rodgers a good amount of time to unload the ball.

Favre was only sacked 15 times in 534 pass attempts & he is not as mobile as T-Jack. Jackson was sacked 19 times in 294 attempts.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

Agreed. GB has been better.
    Grant was successful rushing against us when many teams weren't.
    GB was smart enough to run at the edges of our defense instead of up the middle. And it worked.
    I think he rushed for over 100 yds. the second game.
    I hope Frazier took note and remembers that. They are going to try it again in the season opener with Rodgers in there.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

GB was smart enough to run at the edges of our defense instead of up the middle. And it worked.
    I hope Frazier took note and remembers that. They are going to try it again in the season opener with Rodgers in there.
    Grant had Brett Favre throwing the ball to Driver, and the other receivers. That is the reason he ran so well, he had a great passing game. AP never had that luxury.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"erik5032" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I disagree.

Grant had Brett Favre throwing the ball to Driver, and the other receivers. That is the reason he ran so well, he had a great passing game. AP never had that luxury.
    How do I account for all those other teams that couldn't break 100 yds. against our number one rush defense?
    Was it because they didn't have Brett Favre and good receivers?
    That played a role. But the difference was running outside instead of up the middle.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast