NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings stadium will be losing some bells and whistles

Vikings stadium will be losing some bells and whistles | ProFootballTalk

Nothing too big or surprising. The parking garage probably won't be in the final design, but it looks like the skyway and 95' doors will make their way back in via Vikings funding.

Changes to scope when going from initial design estimate to contract are normal.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Vikings stadium will be losing some bells and whistles | ProFootballTalk

Nothing too big or surprising. The parking garage probably won't be in the final design, but it looks like the skyway and 95' doors will make their way back in via Vikings funding.

Changes to scope when going from initial design estimate to contract are normal.
    I would think they would be able to cut out a few things that could still be added later if need be. The parking garage and escalators don't seem like anything that couldn't be added a few years after it's built. I'm just glad we are getting a new stadium. It's going to be awefully nice when it's done no matter what the end result is.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I want to go on record in saying the design is pretty awesome. The Vikings are doing this the right way, the way the SF Giants did with their ballpark: make it pretty, make it epic, and make the stadium something that other cities see and are jealous of.

Going to Pac Bell park was fun regardless of how well the Giants did, and it looks like you lucky Vikings fans that live in the area are in for a treat. Well, if you can afford it...hehe.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I'm really not too concerned how it looks or what bells n whistles are included, I'm more concerned about the shadow problems that half glass roof is going to create. I dread watching the Colts play a day game with the roof open because all the shadows give me a migraine. At least they can close the roof. If we end up with a bad shadow problem we'll just have to deal with it.

Shadows at Lucas Oil Stadium affected TV viewers - AFC South Blog - ESPN

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    By the time they're done, we'll be back down to a narrow corridor & less bathrooms making it difficult to navigate around people standing in long lines at concessions on our way to standing in long lines & the rest room where we are wondering what's happening on the field because there's no broadcast of the games.

But we'll still have some cool 90 foot glass doors.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drakkar is offline Rookie
    we ONLY have $975 million.. must be rough