Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings stadium will have to wait

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    This just sucks, vote these losers out of office.
    I'm with you on that one.. If that were to happen, then they would all be wondering why..

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Well when politicians read polls that say 73% of citizens DO NOT support public funding of a new stadium, what do you expect? Obviously the dedicated fans here are not representative of the Minnesota population.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Prophet Guest

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Well when politicians read polls that say 73% of citizens DO NOT support public funding of a new stadium, what do you expect? Obviously the dedicated fans here are not representative of the Minnesota population.
    Good point. Screw the 73% and the politicians then!

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

alright, say they dont get a stadium, instead of moving to LA cause the chargers will be moving there soon, what if they were to move to Fargo, or souix falls? heck, what IF even Winnipeg? would minnesotianites still support the vikings?

now wether those cities could hold there own to support the vikings is one thing, but if they could still draw the minnesota fans out to those cities.... would you?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Polls are subject to many types of bias, especially when they are worded around taxes. There is selection bias, interviewer bias, question bias. Just because ome poll run by the local newspaper makes a claim about the support of the general public doesn't mean that it is accurate by any means. And, you can run a poll about any major public funding and you will get the same results.

Do you support public funding of the Mall of America?
    Do you support public funding of the Best Buy Corporate HeadQuarters?
    Do you support public funding of various buildings in Minneapolis's theatre district?

All three of these would probably get the same type of negative response, but legislators had the forsight to recognize that all of them contributed to Minnesota both culturally and financially, and it made sense to spend the public money.

They Vikings are the same way, and believe it or not, most legislators know this. So are the Twins and the Gophers. All three need new stadiums. With the Twins and Gophers out of the way, the Vikings are sure to follow.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

I'm so fed up wit' dese spineless politician types, I'm kinda hopin' da Vikes DO move somewheres else, an' let Zygi give 'em da big middle finger as dey go, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Muggsy" wrote:
    I'm so fed up wit' dese spineless politician types, I'm kinda hopin' da Vikes DO move somewheres else, an' let Zygi give 'em da big middle finger as dey go, y'know?
    I hear ya, I can hardly talk about this anymore without getting angry.

The good thing is we need to get atleast one stadium underway. When people see how much fun the new Twins stadium is, they will be closer to getting on the band wagon. Just think, if we got the Twins stadium going a few years back, we would be seeing the Vikings stadium closer to going through.

People can't hardly imagine the expense of 1 stadium, how can anyone expect them to comprehend two at a time.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

It will take at least 4 yrs to build a new stadium from what I have read. The Dome lease is done in 2011. They have to start construction next year. Early next year. Don't be surprised to hear rumors of Wilf meeting with other venues to explore the idea of moving the team. If I were Wilf I would put a time limit on the State to get the deal done. Draw a line in the sand.

I suggest we all get used to calling the team simply "The Vikings" and not the Minnesota Vikings.

WWBGD

boognish is offline Coordinator

"RK." wrote:
    It will take at least 4 yrs to build a new stadium from what I have read. The Dome lease is done in 2011. They have to start construction next year. Early next year. Don't be surprised to hear rumors of Wilf meeting with other venues to explore the idea of moving the team. If I were Wilf I would put a time limit on the State to get the deal done. Draw a line in the sand.

I suggest we all get used to calling the team simply "The Vikings" and not the Minnesota Vikings.
    Somebody should create a poll asking whether or not fans would still consider the Vikings their favorite team were they to move. I, for one, would consider the LA Vikings my least favorite team in the League.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Del Rio Guest

"boognish" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

Somebody should create a poll asking whether or not fans would still consider the Vikings their favorite team were they to move. I, for one, would consider the LA Vikings my least favorite team in the League.
    There was a big thread about this last year. Someone asked if the Vikings moved would they still be your favorite team? It was pretty interesting all the different responses.

I have limited feelings towards the issue. I want them to remain the Vikings, but if they move I can only blame Minnesota. If the move and change the name (most likely) then I would be upset. If they kept everything the same (names minus minnesota, jerseys, colors,) and just changed states, I could care less, move them to Utah I would be in heaven.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast