Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings stadium will have to wait

Don't focus on the negative so much that you miss out on the positives.

We did not get the stadium this year. But we have come much farther in Zygi's first year an owner than we did in the entire Red era. It was a very long shot to for the Vikings to get the satdium this year anyway. The fact that we almost did speak volumes for the marketing and business prowless of Zygi.

We should be glad that both the Twins and the Gophers will likely get their stadiums approved this year. That will leave the Vikings as the sole stadium contender next year. Politicians who were in support of both or all three stadiums can now focus their energy in just one direction, instead of all three. And there won't be the emphasis on having to "choose" between stadiums.

Anoka County and Zygi are also under orders to work out some kind of retactable roof. This is good for obth the Vikings and Anoka County. I love the idea of outdoor games as much as the next guy, but I also want to see a superbowl in Minnesota again. Without the retractable roof, we could have the nicest stadium in the NFL, but still not get a superbowl bid (QWest field anyone?).

We have come miles this legislative session. We have bipartisan support. We have leaders in each of the major committees on board. We will get this done next year.

We haven't won the war yet, but we have definately won some battles. Skol.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

One mroe thing to note: The Vikings stadium bill has not been defeated. It has never received a "no" vote. It just won't come to vote until next session (or, in theory, it could come under a special session called by the governor, but don't count on it).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

viking_40 is offline Rookie

From a selfish viewpoint as a UK supporter, I don't care where the Vikes play........as long as it's Minnesota.

A superbowl held in Minnesota would be great but I, like Mr Wilf (not minding about the roof) don't mind where it's held if we're in it and win it.

I just hope this waiting till next year won't mean we end up in LA

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I guess what disappointes me so much is that the state will just get some sales tax dollars (.03 on $20) as a payback for the Twins. They won't get anything on from the U of M stadium except a nature preserve.
    Yet the Vikings are building a BILLION dollar complex with a hospital, apartments, and a retail shopping center plus the stadium that will bring in a HUGE amount of tax money and people to the state to work. All of this will mean the state get over 1 Billion and 650 thousand dollars in facilities for a lousy $270 million in road funds. What's not to understand here?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Well lets just hope that they don't wait to long to get this stadium in the works. LA is chomping at the bit for a new team and if we can't get a stadium in the next year or two then guess who will be filling their needs! I swear that I will be so Pissed if we just let the Vikes walk out of town.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

It sounds to me that the the people voting on these stadiums have favorites.. Now is the owner of the Twins putting in this much of his own money to build the Twins stadium? I hope Zygi gets a hair across his a$$ and says screw all of you.. I would hate to see the Vikes move from Minnesota, but it seems like as long as they stay there, they will always be in a bad spotlight with the media, and everyone else.. It wouldn't shock me at all if Zygi is right now looking for a new home for the Minnesota Vikings..

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | New stadium appears dead at this time
    Thu, 18 May 2006 06:24:35 -0700

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings' hopes for a new stadium appeared dead as legislators late Wednesday, May 17, moved closer to making a new stadium for the Minnesota Twins a reality. The plan for the Twins' stadium would not require the county to hold a referendum before levying the tax. However, Sen. Steve Kelley recommended that the Vikings' proposal for a stadium in Blaine be considered next year. Lester Bagley, the Vikings' lead negotiator, said, "We're disappointed with the development. I hate to say it's over, but for the session, we've still got a couple of ticks on the clock." The Vikings, who two days earlier said they would not request state aid or a retractable roof for their proposed stadium in Blaine, ran a reverse Wednesday night, saying they needed $115 million from the state in the form of tax exemptions and proceeds from the sale of the Metrodome to pay for the roof.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

What is the hold up? I mean, it should be a done deal by now, gee.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

F'N POLITICIANS!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

This just sucks, vote these losers out of office.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast