Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Actually, no it doesn't. The direct tax revenue is right about $20 million, which would pay for the state contribution over about 20 years. However, there is opportunity cost with that $20 million that will never be recouped. The real benefit lies in with the jobs created, the economic impact of hosted events like the Superbowl and NCAA Final Four, and the intangible benefits like quality of life.

    I am a huge stadium supporter, but we need to deal with straight facts, not propaganda. The economics of it are sound - but let's not make them into something they are not.
    Well NO shit sherlock!!... My last comment was in addition to my previous post.. Hence the word I forgot to mention.... with all being included... it benefits the state as much or moreso than the vikes... bc they only use it 10 days a year plus playoffs...

    You can step off the soapbox broham, we're all on the same team here...

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Well NO shit sherlock!!... My last comment was in addition to my previous post.. Hence the word I forgot to mention.... with all being included... it benefits the state as much or moreso than the vikes... bc they only use it 10 days a year plus playoffs...

    You can step off the soapbox broham, we're all on the same team here...
    Did someone piss in your wheaties this morning? You are pretty confrontational this morning...

    Quotes like:
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I forgot to mention as well, the taxes they pay the state on the stadium plus player salaries, the state makes a windfall and would pay for itself in no time!!... What a crock!!
    are blatantly wrong, and do nothing to further support for a new stadium.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Actually, no it doesn't. The direct tax revenue is right about $20 million, which would pay for the state contribution over about 20 years. However, there is opportunity cost with that $20 million that will never be recouped. The real benefit lies in with the jobs created, the economic impact of hosted events like the Superbowl and NCAA Final Four, and the intangible benefits like quality of life.

    I am a huge stadium supporter, but we need to deal with straight facts, not propaganda. The economics of it are sound - but let's not make them into something they are not.
    Lose the Vikings, lose the money?

    "Sooner or later, if we don't act on this, they will leave," Mondale said. "And we will be a major league city that will look like a B class city. We will miss this revenue, the $18 to $20 million a year. It will be a hole in our budget."

    Lose the Vikings, lose the money? | kare11.com

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    That budget hole would be filled by the removal of the operating costs and expenses that the dome requires to operate that are always conveniently left out when numbers are thrown around.

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That budget hole would be filled by the removal of the operating costs and expenses that the dome requires to operate that are always conveniently left out when numbers are thrown around.
    We've been through this.

    The dome run $10-11 million in annual operating costs. Of that the Vikings pay $6 mil. That is always conveniently left out when numbers are thrown around.

    The other thing that gets left out is the misconception by many that believe the operating costs of the dome goes to $0 if the Vikings leave. LOL!

    Take the Vikings out of the picture & not only do you lose that $20+ million (And that's a very light figure) but also the additional $6 mil they pay towards operating costs. Plus they still have the up keep and operating costs of the dome for whatever non-professional football events the dome is used for.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That budget hole would be filled by the removal of the operating costs and expenses that the dome requires to operate that are always conveniently left out when numbers are thrown around.
    Thats only if the dome is shutdown....the Vikings aren't the only one's that use the venue just the biggest

  7. #17
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We've been through this.



    The dome run $10-11 million in annual operating costs. Of that the Vikings pay $6 mil. That is always conveniently left out when numbers are thrown around.

    The other thing that gets left out is the misconception by many that believe the operating costs of the dome goes to $0 if the Vikings leave. LOL!

    Take the Vikings out of the picture & not only do you lose that $20+ million (And that's a very light figure) but also the additional $6 mil they pay towards operating costs. Plus they still have the up keep and operating costs of the dome for whatever non-professional football events the dome is used for.
    Yep. We go over it and you seem to miss out on some finer points. So once again from the MSFC itself:

    http://prod.static.vikings.clubs.nfl...udy-021511.pdf


    Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission Revenue Sources and Expenditures Generated by the
    Metrodome (all sporting and non-sporting events held at the Metrodome)
    The total revenue derived from Metrodome events, tenants and other non-public sources since its
    inception through 2009 totals $476,200,000.
    The total cost of operating the Metrodome through 2009 (including construction funding, debt service
    and capital improvements) has totaled approximately $509,800,000. These include:
    o Construction funding/
    debt service $ 186,400,000 36.6%
    o Capital Expenditures 72,300,000 14.2%
    o Other 5,700,000 1.1%
    o Operating Expenses 245,400,000 48.1%
    Total $ 509,800,000 100.0%

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yep. We go over it and you seem to miss out on some finer points. So once again from the MSFC itself:

    http://prod.static.vikings.clubs.nfl...udy-021511.pdf
    I'm not missing out on it, you are. Here you go directly from your link;

    o Operating Expenses 245,400,000 48.1%
    That's for a period of time from 1982-2009 or 28 years, meaning operating costs are 8.8 mil per year which is even less than the $10-11 mil I originally stated.

    Now $509.8 mil minus the $472.6 leaves a deficit of -$37.2 mil or $1.3 million per year.

    Are you going to sit there & try & convince people that the state doesn't make more $1.3 million on income taxes paid by players & coaches or benefit from the Wilf's & all those millionaires & their families spending money in this state a minimum of 6 months out of the year?

    Now include all the other revenue the state gets directly or indirectly by the Vikings being here spent by fans.

    Bottom line, the state makes millions each year because the Vikings are here. If they aren't going to keep them here then they better spend their session time on how they will further tax Minnesotans & some Wisconsinites to re-coup that lost revenue.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,463
    Bottom line, the state makes millions each year because the Vikings are here. If they aren't going to keep them here then they better spend their session time on how they will further tax Minnesotans & some Wisconsinites to re-coup that lost revenue.
    They will just do what all govt does these days singer. Borrow it and let your children pay for it.

    WWBGD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •