Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89
  1. #81
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yeah, the Bears game was the one that Neph and I didn't connect on.
    I am not what the tailgating was like at the Lions game - we got to the game late because of the weather. And we didn't make it at all to the Skins game.
    One of the things you learn to deal with when you have a four hour drive to the game...
    What time do you normally leave for a noon game?
    Five a.m. if I am leaving from Fargo.
    Of course, we stay at the MOA on Saturday night sometimes, or with my parents in Alexandria.
    When does the party bus leave for the home opener this year?
    5:30 a.m.
    I wanted to leave earlier because the bus has to undergo a security check with a K-9 at the dome before passengers are allowed to get off.
    But I put it to a vote and 5:30 won out.
    I figure we will be at the tailgating lot NLT 10:00 am.
    Is that security thing new?
    Seems a tad draconian for a freaking football game.
    What are they sniffing for - drugs or bombs?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #82
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=46005.msg798820#msg798820 date=1215090456]
    Yeah, the Bears game was the one that Neph and I didn't connect on.
    I am not what the tailgating was like at the Lions game - we got to the game late because of the weather. And we didn't make it at all to the Skins game.
    One of the things you learn to deal with when you have a four hour drive to the game...
    What time do you normally leave for a noon game?
    Five a.m. if I am leaving from Fargo.
    Of course, we stay at the MOA on Saturday night sometimes, or with my parents in Alexandria.
    When does the party bus leave for the home opener this year?
    5:30 a.m.
    I wanted to leave earlier because the bus has to undergo a security check with a K-9 at the dome before passengers are allowed to get off.
    But I put it to a vote and 5:30 won out.
    I figure we will be at the tailgating lot NLT 10:00 am.
    Is that security thing new?
    Seems a tad draconian for a freaking football game.
    What are they sniffing for - drugs or bombs?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Don't know how new it is, but it is organized through the Minneapolis Police Department, and we have to pay an additional charge for it.
    The alternative is to park the bus outside downtown and take the light rail in, but that would be even more inconvenient.

    Since the bus gets to park in the Metrodome parking lot, I would assume that they are sniffing for bombs.
    Although I have a couple people who will be on the bus who seem to be worried about the same question...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #83
    BigMoInAZ's Avatar
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    446

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    My God, I feel like such a clown!
    How could I ever think I could convince any of you that my passion for this team that I have cheered for over 40 years could be so misconstrued?
    I stand belittled before you by your sensible and reasonable debate! :

    I admit that my statements about this teams history are slanted by the greatness of what they once were.
    I freely admit that this team has been able to at least provide us loyal fans a reason for cheering them on based on their 6th over all best record in the NFL, and that much of that is due to a very strong home winning record, and some very excellent regular season accomplishments.

    And yes, much of that can be attributed to what this league used to be like and their players and a few great coaches.
    But it simply cannot be dismissed that ever since this team moved indoors, their ability to compete for a Lombardi Trophy has left many of us yearning for so much more!

    Will they be able to do it with the talent and coaching they have today?
    Sure, anything is possible!
    Last years Giants team is all the example anyone needs!

    So I'll end my diatribe about the past and hope that the future of this team is laid out with a championship in mind!

    As far as rebuilding a new DOMED stadium for this team to play out of, I can only pray it never happens!

    ONE OUT HOUSE HAS BEEN ENOUGH FOR THIS DIE HARD TO DEAL WITH!

    Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

  4. #84
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    My God, I feel like such a clown!
    How could I ever think I could convince any of you that my passion for this team that I have cheered for over 40 years could be so misconstrued?
    I stand belittled before you by your sensible and reasonable debate! :

    I admit that my statements about this teams history are slanted by the greatness of what they once were.
    I freely admit that this team has been able to at least provide us loyal fans a reason for cheering them on based on their 6th over all best record in the NFL, and that much of that is due to a very strong home winning record, and some very excellent regular season accomplishments.

    And yes, much of that can be attributed to what this league used to be like and their players and a few great coaches.
    But it simply cannot be dismissed that ever since this team moved indoors, their ability to compete for a Lombardi Trophy has left many of us yearning for so much more!

    Will they be able to do it with the talent and coaching they have today?
    Sure, anything is possible!
    Last years Giants team is all the example anyone needs!

    So I'll end my diatribe about the past and hope that the future of this team is laid out with a championship in mind!

    As far as rebuilding a new DOMED stadium for this team to play out of, I can only pray it never happens!

    ONE OUT HOUSE HAS BEEN ENOUGH FOR THIS DIE HARD TO DEAL WITH!
    Just out of curiosity, have you even ever been to a Vikings game in the H.H.H. stadium? Have you ever been to a game at the Met outdoor stadium?

    The Dome or outhouse as you call it, no matter how bad you think it is, is a far greater a place than the Met was for football games from a fans perspective. The Met was a baseball field. When the chalklines were drawn for a football field, that field was biased to one side of the ballpark. There were fans in the front rows of the bleachers across the field from the football field that were dozens of yards away from the nearest chalkline.

    When & if the Vikings get a new stadium, I hope it's a retractable stadium with real grass that remains open unless the temps dip below a pre-specified temp or when it's raining.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #85
    BigMoInAZ's Avatar
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    446

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    Did you miss my earlier post Singer?
    I've been attending Vikings games since I turned 20 back in 78!
    My last game in attendance was last years Bears game on Monday night!
    We Won!

    Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

  6. #86
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    Did you miss my earlier post Singer?
    I've been attending Vikings games since I turned 20 back in 78!
    My last game in attendance was last years Bears game on Monday night!
    We Won!
    Yep, I missed it. I have been working long days & operating on 4 hours sleep a night all week. I usually try to read all the posts in a thread I'm interested in, but lately time has not been on my side.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #87
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    Did you miss my earlier post Singer?
    I've been attending Vikings games since I turned 20 back in 78!
    My last game in attendance was last years Bears game on Monday night!
    We Won!
    So - would that have been a good night to sit outside for 3 hours?
    Not IMHO.
    A couple hours tail-gating and then 3+ more watching the game would have made me one cold Zeusy.
    I *like* the Dome, because I want to enjoy myself at the game, not spend my time there more concerned about the blood getting to my toes.
    I've done that, and I don't like it.

    Do you come to all of the home games?
    Or do you make it up for one a year?
    I'm a season-ticket-holder.
    So I go to all of the games - rain, shine, snow, sleet, wind, etc.
    Last year, the weather would have been okay for open-air football (again IMHO) 5 out of the 8 regular-season games.
    The Detroit, Chicago and Washington games were all a better FAN EXPERIENCE because they were indoors.

    As to the success of the team:
    I honestly believe that it is merely a coincidence of calendar that relates the end of the Bud Grant/Purple People Eaters/Tark and Foreman/etc. era AND the start of free agency AND the opening of the HHH Dome with a lack of Vikings NFC Championship Game wins.

    Does anyone remember what the weather was like outside for the '98 Championship game?
    I was in Denver working that day (motherfuckers).

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #88
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    But it simply cannot be dismissed that ever since this team moved indoors, their ability to compete for a Lombardi Trophy has left many of us yearning for so much more!
    I don't understand how you can possibly attribute that with the home stadium.
    How do you dismiss the coach, the shorter seasons, the lack of free agency...
    Those all have a helluva lot more to do with it than the stadium.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #89
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    I would be for a retractable so that we could have the stadium open when its nice and even if it snows.... I would close it if it gets below 0 because with the body heat 0 degrees feels alot warmer... I am ok with that temp because i were shorts and t-shirt when its 30+... anyways a retractable will be cool/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. Stadium issue to move forward in 2009 as economic stimulus
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 430
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 01:36 PM
  3. Zygi Wilf: No current plans to move training camp
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM
  4. Blaine Stadium plans not liked
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •