Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

Good to see. I love the dome but love the Vikings even more.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i really don't see it taking so long to build the actuall stadium. the whole extra mini city Wilfe wanted will take more time and development.

i've seen stadiums here take just over 8 months for basic construction, and another 2- 3 months for finishing touches. and this is in greece where things move extremly slowly.

DiGiTaL
    Dig, I hear ya, however, here in the states, as Ned aluded to, we are even slower....

Here is a link to the timeline for the Cards stadium and they don't have the inclement weather during the year that the Vikes new stadium builders will encounter.

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/

This one talks about the Cowgirls stadium.
    Started in 2006 it will be ready in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_New_Stadium

Again, my guess is we will be watching the team play from the new Gopher stadium for a couple of years.

Here is a timeline for the Gophers stadium.
    Ground broke in 2006, ready in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCF_Bank_Stadium
    Nice research Marr.
    Yeah, I guess you might be right - we'll be playing the the gopher stadium for two years.
    We need to remember that our construction season in Minnesota is shorter than other parts of the country too.

I hope that everybody who is hell bent on an outdoor stadium takes the opportunity to watch a December Vikings game in TCF stadium.... That might change a few minds of people who have never experienced it.
    By the time a December Vikings game at TCF rolls around, the roof "issue" with the Vikes will be resolved, yes?

=Z=
    Yup.
    And if I had to guess, I think it will be a fixed roof.
    I anticipate some complaints from people regarding that, and I would love for the most vocal to sit through a full game at TCF in December.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i really don't see it taking so long to build the actuall stadium. the whole extra mini city Wilfe wanted will take more time and development.

i've seen stadiums here take just over 8 months for basic construction, and another 2- 3 months for finishing touches. and this is in greece where things move extremly slowly.

DiGiTaL
    Dig, I hear ya, however, here in the states, as Ned aluded to, we are even slower....

Here is a link to the timeline for the Cards stadium and they don't have the inclement weather during the year that the Vikes new stadium builders will encounter.

Again, my guess is we will be watching the team play from the new Gopher stadium for a couple of years.

Nice research Marr.
    Yeah, I guess you might be right - we'll be playing the the gopher stadium for two years.
    We need to remember that our construction season in Minnesota is shorter than other parts of the country too.

I hope that everybody who is hell bent on an outdoor stadium takes the opportunity to watch a December Vikings game in TCF stadium.... That might change a few minds of people who have never experienced it.
    You can bet your a$$ ;D
    I will be there. I would either be outside hunting pheasants anyway so it's not I would have to adjust.

Just look for the Norwegian wearing the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses.

I might even have to buy season tickets for my company if this goes through.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL

Nice research Marr.

By the time a December Vikings game at TCF rolls around, the roof "issue" with the Vikes will be resolved, yes?

=Z=
    Yup.
    I anticipate some complaints from people regarding that, and I would love for the most vocal to sit through a full game at TCF in December.
    I'll be there.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=digital420 link=topic=46005.msg797875#msg797875 date=1214913000]

DiGiTaL

Nice research Marr.

=Z=
    Yup.
    I'll be there.
    [/quote]
    Me too, and I can't wait, should be fun.

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=46005.msg797907#msg797907 date=1214917490]

DiGiTaL

Nice research Marr.

=Z=
    Yup.
    I'll be there.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Tell you what.
    I will buy both you and UffDa tickets right next to me for the last game in December at TCF.
    Just so I can see if you are all talk!

Of course, it will be easy to get a seat... since it will be half empty anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=46005.msg797909#msg797909 date=1214917658]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=46005.msg797907#msg797907 date=1214917490]

DiGiTaL

Nice research Marr.

=Z=
    Yup.
    I'll be there.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Tell you what.
    I will buy both you and UffDa tickets right next to me for the last game in December at TCF.
    Just so I can see if you are all talk!

Of course, it will be easy to get a seat... since it will be half empty anyway.
    [/quote]
    Your probably right, but in a new stadium it doesn't matter if the seats are half empty, as long as the luxury boxes are full us nose bleed fans don't matter much.
    The tailgating lot was pretty empty for the Sunday night game against the Bears on 12/17/07.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

This whole wanting a roof is ridiculous... there is nothing better then watching a game outdoors in the rain or snow. The Vikings lost home-field advantage. I am definitely going to go to an outdoor game at TCF if they play there. I love going to Lambeau or Soldier Field in the cold and watch the vikings play... or not play in the case of the November game in GB. I was still screaming and rooting them on at 34-0... i wish childress would have kicked a field goal

Blog Entries

"erik5032" wrote:
    This whole wanting a roof is ridiculous... there is nothing better then watching a game outdoors in the rain or snow. The Vikings lost home-field advantage. I am definitely going to go to an outdoor game at TCF if they play there. I love going to Lambeau or Soldier Field in the cold and watch the vikings play... or not play in the case of the November game in GB. I was still screaming and rooting them on at 34-0... i wish childress would have kicked a field goal
    I admire your dedication, but neither Soldier nor Lambeau is as cold as Minny in December.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    I admire your dedication, but neither Soldier nor Lambeau is as cold as Minny in December.
    Just means our home field advantage will be greater than theirs.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast