Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Vikings stadium plans move forward

    [size=13pt]Vikings stadium plans move forward[/size]

    by Jessica Mador, Minnesota Public Radio
    minnesota.publicradio.org


    June 30, 2008


    St. Paul, Minn. — The Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission will seek proposals next month on plans for a new Vikings stadium. The stadium would be built on the existing Metrodome site in Minneapolis....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    Thanks for the update my friend.

    The stadium would be built on the existing Metrodome site in Minneapolis.
    Thats the third article I've seen that in.
    Guess they will play a year or two in the new Gopher facility.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    i really don't see it taking so long to build the actuall stadium. the whole extra mini city Wilfe wanted will take more time and development.

    i've seen stadiums here take just over 8 months for basic construction, and another 2- 3 months for finishing touches. and this is in greece where things move extremly slowly.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  4. #4
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    Most likely,
    Union Contractors will be doing the job, that will add 2 to 3 hundred % of project time alone to the building....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "digital420" wrote:
    i really don't see it taking so long to build the actuall stadium. the whole extra mini city Wilfe wanted will take more time and development.

    i've seen stadiums here take just over 8 months for basic construction, and another 2- 3 months for finishing touches. and this is in greece where things move extremly slowly.

    DiGiTaL
    Dig, I hear ya, however, here in the states, as Ned aluded to, we are even slower....

    Here is a link to the timeline for the Cards stadium and they don't have the inclement weather during the year that the Vikes new stadium builders will encounter.

    http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/

    This one talks about the Cowgirls stadium.
    Started in 2006 it will be ready in 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_New_Stadium

    Again, my guess is we will be watching the team play from the new Gopher stadium for a couple of years.

    Here is a timeline for the Gophers stadium.
    Ground broke in 2006, ready in 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCF_Bank_Stadium
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    There have been a few articles that said that the Vikings are negotiating with the state to allow them to play in the new gophers stadium while the new Vikings stadium is under construction.
    They will probably only have to play there one year, maybe two at the very, very most.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i really don't see it taking so long to build the actuall stadium. the whole extra mini city Wilfe wanted will take more time and development.

    i've seen stadiums here take just over 8 months for basic construction, and another 2- 3 months for finishing touches. and this is in greece where things move extremly slowly.

    DiGiTaL
    Dig, I hear ya, however, here in the states, as Ned aluded to, we are even slower....

    Here is a link to the timeline for the Cards stadium and they don't have the inclement weather during the year that the Vikes new stadium builders will encounter.

    http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/

    This one talks about the Cowgirls stadium.
    Started in 2006 it will be ready in 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_New_Stadium

    Again, my guess is we will be watching the team play from the new Gopher stadium for a couple of years.

    Here is a timeline for the Gophers stadium.
    Ground broke in 2006, ready in 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCF_Bank_Stadium
    Nice research Marr.
    Yeah, I guess you might be right - we'll be playing the the gopher stadium for two years.
    We need to remember that our construction season in Minnesota is shorter than other parts of the country too.

    I hope that everybody who is hell bent on an outdoor stadium takes the opportunity to watch a December Vikings game in TCF stadium.... That might change a few minds of people who have never experienced it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i really don't see it taking so long to build the actuall stadium. the whole extra mini city Wilfe wanted will take more time and development.

    i've seen stadiums here take just over 8 months for basic construction, and another 2- 3 months for finishing touches. and this is in greece where things move extremly slowly.

    DiGiTaL
    Dig, I hear ya, however, here in the states, as Ned aluded to, we are even slower....

    Here is a link to the timeline for the Cards stadium and they don't have the inclement weather during the year that the Vikes new stadium builders will encounter.

    http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/

    This one talks about the Cowgirls stadium.
    Started in 2006 it will be ready in 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_New_Stadium

    Again, my guess is we will be watching the team play from the new Gopher stadium for a couple of years.

    Here is a timeline for the Gophers stadium.
    Ground broke in 2006, ready in 2009.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCF_Bank_Stadium
    Nice research Marr.
    Yeah, I guess you might be right - we'll be playing the the gopher stadium for two years.
    We need to remember that our construction season in Minnesota is shorter than other parts of the country too.

    I hope that everybody who is hell bent on an outdoor stadium takes the opportunity to watch a December Vikings game in TCF stadium.... That might change a few minds of people who have never experienced it.
    By the time a December Vikings game at TCF rolls around, the roof "issue" with the Vikes will be resolved, yes?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    ...but doesn't this still need approval by...Mr Pawlenty and the state senate???

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings stadium plans move forward

    "Nephilim" wrote:
    ...but doesn't this still need approval by...Mr Pawlenty and the state senate???
    Yea Neph.
    Nothing is approved yet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stadium issue to move forward in 2009 as economic stimulus
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 430
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 01:36 PM
  3. Zygi Wilf: No current plans to move training camp
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM
  4. Blaine Stadium plans not liked
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •