"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    DFLer eyes pro sports gear tax for Vikings stadium

Read more: DFLer eyes pro sports gear tax for Vikings stadium - SFGate

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they were reading reports like this one:

When the people of Miami-Dade go to the polls, we are confident they will support this partnership, where the Dolphins will pay approximately 70 percent costs, will repay approximately $167 million to the state and county, will pay for 100 percent of any cost overruns during construction, and will be committed to staying in Miami-Dade for the next 30 years.

The Dolphins got screwed on this negotiation and hopefully nobody in Minnesota get the idea to try to reno a more than fair deal.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Until I see an article that says the new stadium is off or canceled I'm not going to worry about it lol. Is that even possible at this point? *knock on wood* How many times have I said that during a game only to then see it happen? It's amazing how nothing can go smooth or stress free with this franchise.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Until I see an article that says the new stadium is off or canceled I'm not going to worry about it lol. Is that even possible at this point? *knock on wood* How many times have I said that during a game only to then see it happen? It's amazing how nothing can go smooth or stress free with this franchise.

If that happened, Minnesota can forget about ever having a professional football team in that state again. So many ups and downs over the past 12 years with this damn stadium issue, and the whole will they or won't they go to LA bullshit. If they scrapped the stadium, Minnesota is done having a football team as soon as the Vikings pack up and head somewhere else.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The Dolphins got screwed on this negotiation and hopefully nobody in Minnesota get the idea to try to reno a more than fair deal.
    The Dolphins did not get screwed; the people of Miami-Dade just did not.

The NFL is a monopoly. Just because the teams do not always get shake-down deals, like Minnesota received, does not mean the NFL somehow got screwed.

The NFL violates Sherman and RICO laws aplenty. Even when they lost in court to the USFL, the jury was kind enough to award a $1 settlement.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    The stadium is not going to get cancelled or delayed. Doing so would open up a HUGE can of legal worms, especially with the Vikings already putting $50 million into the pot to get things going. If the state were to try to drop the stadium or even delay it, they would be open to litigation from the Vikings and NFL over lost revenue and lost opportunity cost. Even stadium opponents admitted that the stadium is a done deal, they just don't have faith in the financing plan, and want to have it resolved ASAP. I agree with them in that aspect.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't know for sure if they do or don't have them, but what about Viking license plates? The Packers and Brewers both have them in Wisconsin, and it goes over well. If it goes over for the Brewers, it will go over great for the Vikings. It obviously goes great for GB, because that is the only thing in Wisconsin that fans can boast about. All their other teams suck.

State seeking Plan B for e-pulltabs, Vikings stadium funding

State seeking Plan B for e-pulltabs, Vikings stadium funding | StarTribune.com

Stadium backup financing bill opposed by Vikings, other pro sports teams

Stadium backup financing bill opposed by Vikings, other pro sports teams - TwinCities.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast