Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Spotlight: George Stewart - Mining purple's potential

[size=13pt]VIKINGS SPOTLIGHT: GEORGE STEWART: Mining purple's potential[/size]

Newest assistant has worked with a who's who of coaches and players, unearthing talent

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 08/10/2007 12:29:49 AM CDT

MANKATO, Minn.

Terrell Owens calls him a "special coach," someone who elevated him into a Pro Bowl receiver.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings Spotlight: George Stewart - Mining purple's potential

[size=13pt]Some of the players George Stewart has coached over the past 24 years as an NFL assistant:[/size]

Pioneer Press
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 08/10/2007 12:19:39 AM CDT

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Our WR's are getting the best, and they should be a big surprise this year. Stewart will hone these guys into a strength on this team.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nice read(s) Singer.
    Somebody on here has been saying all along how much of a difference this guy is gonna make.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Nice read(s) Singer.

Somebody on here has been saying all along how much of a difference this guy is gonna make.

:

Oh! When you were saying you thought Stewart was going to make a difference this year, I thought you were talking about NASCAR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Nice read(s) Singer.

:

Oh! When you were saying you thought Stewart was going to make a difference this year, I thought you were talking about NASCAR.

Did I ever tell you that you crack me up?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikings might be Stewart's toughest challenge to date.

His most proven veteran's best season yielded 42 catches for 481 yards, and his pool of talent includes a high-jumping basketball player, a top 10 pick with eye issues and a raw second-round draft pick who doesn't turn 21 until next month.

"He's the perfect guy for the job in Minnesota," Falcons receiver Michael Jenkins said, "and they'll become great receivers if they listen to him."
    I was looking at his bio on the official Viking site the other day, and I saw the ATL gig listed on his resume.
    I was thinking that the other gigs looked impressive until I saw the ATL gig listed.
    Those ATL WRs did nothing really.
    Point being, that the WRs that he coaches have to have talent to cultivate in order for them to be successful.
    Also, I like the quote from the ATL coach that says they will be good "if the listen to him (Stewart)."

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:

His most proven veteran's best season yielded 42 catches for 481 yards, and his pool of talent includes a high-jumping basketball player, a top 10 pick with eye issues and a raw second-round draft pick who doesn't turn 21 until next month.

"He's the perfect guy for the job in Minnesota," Falcons receiver Michael Jenkins said, "and they'll become great receivers if they listen to him."
    I was looking at his bio on the official Viking site the other day, and I saw the ATL gig listed on his resume.
    I was thinking that the other gigs looked impressive until I saw the ATL gig listed.
    Point being, that the WRs that he coaches have to have talent to cultivate in order for them to be successful.
    Also, I like the quote from the ATL coach that says they will be good "if the listen to him (Stewart)."
    So what you are saying is that the Atlanta receivers DIDN'T listen to him?
    There's no doubt we need help with the learning curve of our young receivers. I hope to heck he's the answer.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

So what you are saying is that the Atlanta receivers DIDN'T listen to him?
    There's no doubt we need help with the learning curve of our young receivers. I hope to heck he's the answer.
    Me too, we need to instill confidence in our guys like the confidence that Owens got from Stewart.

As far as the "listening" comment, I was implying that from what the ATL coach said.
    He made it sound like his group of WRs didn't listen to Stewart.
    I didn't point out that it may have been Vick in ATL that was part of the problem, but that is another topic.

Go Vikes...... Rams Suck!
    I know this is only preseason, but I really dislike the Rams.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Now THAT was a well written article.
    Stewart sounds like a quality coach, and a quality person.
    He's the kind of guy that Wilf, and the Organization, would be well served to keep and give some public exposure...I hope this article is the first of many.
    There appears to be no doubt that he will make an impact, hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast