Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings' special teams sets NFL record

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I'm wrong I went back and looked at it and it shows that it was just an overload and Dugan did his best.
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/profile?team=MIN
    LOL, never doubt the Marrdro...... ;D

JK, very few on here (including me) will ever admit to being wrong.
    Props my friend.
    I ahve no problem with it.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Our kickoff and punt coverage has improved significantly. Abdullah has been a beast over the last few weeks and Hicks was playing great coverage yesterday.

What happened to Renaud? I hope they didn't suit him because he is nursing an injury and will be back soon. There is something about the way he runs. He has almost broken two for TDs of not for tackles by the kickers over the last two or three weeks.
    I have been his biggest supported since we signed him. The guy is a ST beast. His only issu eis he trys to run over kickers not out run them. Damn it DR pick a sideline and run away from the guy. I have seen him get tackle by 3 kickers this season ( 1 pre-season game and 2 regular season games) Should we cut hicks?
    Reynaud was injured last game.
    Before we cut him it would be good to have Reynaud healthy.
    I wouldn't cry if Hicks was cut next year.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

That blocked kick was dugans and our terrible ST coach Ferreo. They are an embarassment.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    That blocked kick was dugans and our terrible ST coach Ferreo. They are an embarassment.
    Watch the play over again and you will see it wasn't Dugan's fault.
    He was overloaded with 2 players and he made the right decision to take the one with the most direct route.
    I can partly agree with your coaching statement as we weren't lined up correctly.
    Dugan is not an embarrassment.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I can't blame Dugan for it, He picked one and it backfired. They just overloaded..
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

"ejmat" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    Our kickoff and punt coverage has improved significantly. Abdullah has been a beast over the last few weeks and Hicks was playing great coverage yesterday.

What happened to Renaud? I hope they didn't suit him because he is nursing an injury and will be back soon. There is something about the way he runs. He has almost broken two for TDs of not for tackles by the kickers over the last two or three weeks.
    I have been his biggest supported since we signed him. The guy is a ST beast. His only issu eis he trys to run over kickers not out run them. gol 'darnit it DR pick a sideline and run away from the guy. I have seen him get tackle by 3 kickers this season ( 1 pre-season game and 2 regular season games) Should we cut hicks?
    I was happy when we signed Hicks this offseason. He was a good ST player for the Niners, but he hasnt done crap this year and wouldn't mind if we cut him. From what I have seen a lot of players would be better returning kicks then Hicks IMO.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

"gr8vike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

I have been his biggest supported since we signed him. The guy is a ST beast. His only issu eis he trys to run over kickers not out run them. gol 'darnit it DR pick a sideline and run away from the guy. I have seen him get tackle by 3 kickers this season ( 1 pre-season game and 2 regular season games) Should we cut hicks?
    I was happy when we signed Hicks this offseason. He was a good ST player for the Niners, but he hasnt done crap this year and wouldn't mind if we cut him. From what I have seen a lot of players would be better returning kicks then Hicks IMO.
    When you look at his stats he usually made it to the 25-30 yard line which is pretty good.
    However, he went up the middle every kick off and if he would have used the sideline better he may have broke a few for longer plays.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"gr8vike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

Although I gotta agree that his production hasn't been what we all expected, however, to date it appears that players seem to take at least 2 years to really get a handle on what the hell is going on with this team.

Brings me back to my whole rant on the Coaching staff and the System they use to get the players ready to play in the scheme......

I for one am willing to let him have at least one more year to see what he can do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

Although I gotta agree that his production hasn't been what we all expected, however, to date it appears that players seem to take at least 2 years to really get a handle on what the hell is going on with this team.

Brings me back to my whole rant on the Coaching staff and the System they use to get the players ready to play in the scheme......

I for one am willing to let him have at least one more year to see what he can do.
    ST is a different beast my friend. A kick returner does not need 2 years to learn instincts.

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Big C link=topic=49558.msg879368#msg879368 date=1229355832]

ST is a different beast my friend. A kick returner does not need 2 years to learn instincts.
    [/quote]

I agree... I understand if you are trying to learn a playbook, but a have a feeling we dont run to many special plays on special teams.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast