Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Vikings sorely missed Farwell on special teams

I think coaching had a bigger part in this many times on punts kluwe would kick it to one side of the field and when the return started we wouldnt have anybody on that side of the field!

stay in your lanes! its like middle school football all over again

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    are you fricken kidding me?
    This guy has problems... I'm not going to comment anymore, because i feel dirty having devoted the last 30 seconds commenting on him.
    Problem for me Bleed is that we will have at least 5 - 10 posters that will come on here and believe this crap.

How easily the mindless masses are swayed by the press....... ;D
    You mean swayed by the truth. Farwell gone was more of an impact than Longwell or Kluwe and their so called "kicking problems". Where were these problems last year and the year before.
    : All of them will return next year and we will see a difference.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    This guy has problems... I'm not going to comment anymore, because i feel dirty having devoted the last 30 seconds commenting on him.
    Problem for me Bleed is that we will have at least 5 - 10 posters that will come on here and believe this crap.

hmm... this reply was actually to the pacman jones thread, not sure how it ended up here...
    :-\
    Classic! LMFAO! Marrdro thought he had a believer.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

We missed Farwell A TON this year, and there's no way we would have given up 7 TDs with him in there, but our biggest problem was poor coaching, IMO.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

You mean swayed by the truth. Farwell gone was more of an impact than Longwell or Kluwe and their so called "kicking problems". Where were these problems last year and the year before.
    So lets rationalize this a bit.

You contend because we lost one sure tackler our ST's coverage sucked.

I contend that guys like Griff (sure tackler) Greenway (sure tackler) Whinny (sure tackler) Gordon (sure tackler) etc etc etc etc looked like fools most of the time because the kicker didn't do his job.

Hmmmmmmmm, I guess your right.
    It was Heaths absence and not our coverage unit........WOW, how could I have been so wrong.........

Marrdro will be chuckling to himself over that one my friends...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Ltrey" wrote:
    We missed Farwell A TON this year, and there's no way we would have given up 7 TDs with him in there, but our biggest problem was poor coaching, IMO.

I will be very suprised if Ferrarifairy is still coaching our ST's at the end of the year.
    Of course, to date, we haven't see the Chiller give a coach the boot yet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

OUR SPECIAL TEAM SUCK!!!!!!!!!! COST US AT LEAST 2 GAMES THIS SEASON

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

I will be very suprised if Ferrarifairy is still coaching our ST's at the end of the year.
    Of course, to date, we haven't see the Chiller give a coach the boot yet.
    just like you give chilly a subtle pass on his coaching gaffe's this year, i can't / won't blame the special teams or lack of special totally on Ferraro... The special teams, when it comes down to it, were taking bad angles and not doing their jobs... many times guys were right there and just flat out missed tackles..

Regardless, of such, they were decent last year, actually our punt coverage was one of the best... so i think Farewell had a much more of an impact than most people realize.. it's like loosing the QB of the special teams coverage unit... that's huge....

Besides, Winny, griff, etc. were all on special teams last year... so without that one guy.. you can see the huge drop off...

Regardless, of where kluwe punted the ball or how far longwell kicked it deep, it doesn't change the fact thta guys were right there and just flat out took bad angles and tackled poorly...

the coach can only do so much... (hehe i took that from you)!!...
    ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

So lets rationalize this a bit.

You contend because we lost one sure tackler our ST's coverage sucked.

I contend that guys like Griff (sure tackler) Greenway (sure tackler) Whinny (sure tackler) Gordon (sure tackler) etc etc etc etc looked like fools most of the time because the kicker didn't do his job.

Hmmmmmmmm, I guess your right.
    It was Heaths absence and not our coverage unit........WOW, how could I have been so wrong.........

Marrdro will be chuckling to himself over that one my friends...... ;D
    So let me flip it and try to understand your rationalization. Kluwe and Longwell, who were here last year and did a great job, suddenly suck and now our ST sucks. I guess they lost talent.
    : Hmmmmmm sounds believable. You have Packers fans laughing at you in this office. BTW they would take both of our guys any day over theirs.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Ohhhhh brother.......... :

I've got an idea.
    Lets rename that group to Special Tackler.

Gimme a break.
    Sure he was missed, but gol 'darnit, maybe Kluwe should have thought about how his kicking impacted those returns instead of trying to say they happened because we didn't have ONE guy there to tackle. >
    Farwell is much like Walsh or Nord were in their day. Almost always around the ball and making plays.
    Heath was missed, no doubt. But Kluwe can help out the whole team with some of his punts.
    Why was the coverage worse on punts than kick offs?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast