Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Re: Vikings | Smith wants to return to the Vikings

This is just my opinion, but.....

I'd take him back, but only with him being aware and accepting of having to compete from the bottom rung for a position on the team. Let him prove how much he's willing to turn himself and his Life around.

A buddy of mine who I work with used to live in Seattle and rooted for the Seahawks (geographical fanship-he's actually a Giants fan). Every so often, we'll go and watch the games together at a Bully's sports bar, and I'll say something like "I'm sure glad we picked up Koren Robinson in FA" or "It's too bad the Seahawks didn't keep him, huh?". To which he'll reply, "Do you always have to remind me of that stupid move?" LOL

I guess the point I'm making is that I would hate to have us discard Onterrio, only to have some other team (especially a division rival) pick him up and let him revive his career with them.

Also.....Wilf talks about this team being a "Family".....let's see if he means it, or if it's just another empty proclamation by an owner.

Purple Pride, Purple Pride, Purple Pride!!!!! Yeah right, Red.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V-Unit" wrote:
    The bottomline is performance on the field. IF Onterrio Smith comes back and has a 1,000 yard rushing season, he'll be up for comeback player of the year. If he has another good season after that, everyone will forget about his past.

"Once a druggy always a druggy."
    Do you use the same analysis for your freinds. If someone you care about has a problem with drugfs or alcohol, do you just abandon them becuase "once a druggy always a druggy"?
    Who said that statement?

Out of any fan base in the NFL, we Viking's fans should know this not to be true.

Look at Cris Carter's life....he made a change.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    The bottomline is performance on the field. IF Onterrio Smith comes back and has a 1,000 yard rushing season, he'll be up for comeback player of the year. If he has another good season after that, everyone will forget about his past.

"Once a druggy always a druggy."
    Do you use the same analysis for your freinds. If someone you care about has a problem with drugfs or alcohol, do you just abandon them becuase "once a druggy always a druggy"?
    Who said that statement?

Out of any fan base in the NFL, we Viking's fans should know this not to be true.

Look at Cris Carter's life....he made a change.
    I agree, I guess I just didn't phrase it right. I never was good at english.

Anyways, at the end of the end the best back on our roster talent-wise is going to be Smith. If he says he has made a change, why not beleive him. Is it really that big of a deal? I don't think so.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

wow..smith wants to come back, people bitching about ragnar, and how he seems a bit feminine for a mascot..why dont we employ smith as the mascot, and he can dance around with his fake schwanz ? :shock:

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

LMAO!!! Thanks, I'll stick with the balding fat man. At least the pom-poms HE uses aren't illegal!

Ragnar ROCKS. Way cool dude to just sit and BS with, too.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789