Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Vikings | Smith wants to return to the Vikings

"cyviking" wrote:
    OK im being quoted alot here for my stance on O. Smith,lol. I can totally understand why he should be gone and why people want him gone he has done some creepy/illeagle/disgusting stuff. But I will forever remember the guy that was signing caps,balls, ect for little kids and talking to the fans before the game. It was very nice to see him doing that when the rest of the team was ignoring everyone.
    He is trying to give himself a postive image.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

We must admit that he's a great RB, but he's a fool of the field, he should learn something from K-Rob.. i actually hope he stays, i would rather have him than a rookie RB like Maroney.. and then draft a lineman or the Guard Gilles..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Prophet Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    3...to sexually assault a mentally challenged woman is lower than scum and is a character flaw--one step bigger than an 'oops'.
    I re-read that and realized that would describe the relationships of most Packer fans.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Damn! For a second there I thought you meant Robert Smith :wink:

Anyways, I agree with all of you. I can't wait untill this punk leaves Minnesota. Send him to Dallas, Jerry Jones can deal with him!

Im still crossing my fingers that Maroney will still be there when its our turn to draft. We could also use a nice O-lineman like D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but he will be long gone.

Time to get back to some more school work

see ya tonight fellas,

Dave
    Retired 12/21/08

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I think he competes for a spot on the vikes roster next year too. The fact is, he has been one of the better on the field RBs that the organization has acquired in the past 5 years. And as DR mentions, THE CODE really has no teeth, it's superficial PR right now. His proclivities aside, if he can demonstrate he is cleaned up, then I bet he dresses in training camp next year.

The vikings seem to be a place for second chances and it has worked well in a few circumstances. So, I don't see why they don't give him a chance. Really, the vikes have nothing to lose by doing so.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I think he will have a chance to play for us next year. Especially if we have coach tice.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'd take him over Mewelde and Bennett ANY DAY!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I am just happy to at least hear something from him! i was starting to wonder if he was just hiding out taking bong rips all day by himself!

This isnt enough to convince me he deserves another shot. I would like to see come action taken to prove to the Vikings and its fans that he really has done stuff to take steps in the right direction. I would love to have in back as a player on the field but ANY kind of mess up would make me lose total faith in him and dont care how well he is doing on the field I wouldnt want to see him in purple.

yes, he has had 3 chances so far but some people dont consider a slap on the wrist a "chance". and some people need a true eye opening event to realize their actions. I would say with his potential he is definately worth a risk, only if he signs a smaller contract.

But when it is all said and done I dont think he will be back with us next year

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Did he go to rehab? If so man a stint there should help.. Rehab sucks hardcore.. SOOOOO BORING.. And if you have a mind you should know this isn't who u should be if ur in the NFL.. Kinda like Koren did

Big C is offline Coordinator

I've never been too high on Onterrio (sorry bad pun!) but if the dude is serious we might as well have him back. Giving K-Rob a second chance has panned out well. If Smith is still on his rookie contract we might as well keep him since Bennet will be gone (another team will sign him up in free agency. He is running really well now).

We just need Tice to sit down with him and "look him in the eye". Should check his pants too in case there are any stray whizzinators along for the ride.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast