Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Vikings | Smith wants to return to the Vikings

KFFL
    Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:03:21 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith told the newspaper he wants to return to the team in 2006. In his first public comments since he was suspended for one year by the NFL for violating its substance abuse policy, Smith said the punishment compelled him to do "some real soul searching" about the direction of his life. "The suspension saved me from some serious trouble," Smith told the Pioneer Press Wednesday, Dec. 7. "It could have been a serious arrest, an accident - anything could have occurred." A league spokesman said Smith's reinstatement will not be considered until the offseason, and Vikings head coach Mike Tice wasn't available to comment. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told the Pioneer Press on Oct. 23 that Smith's future had not been determined. Asked if he has any regrets, Smith said, "The only regret I have is for the people that I hurt."

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings | Smith wants to return to the Vikings

He's done ... toast ... No way he is in a Vikes uniform next year. Not after all the stuff earlier in the year and the way Wilfi wants this team ran.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

of course this moron is going to say those things. He would have to be THE dumbest person on earth to say I don't want to play for the Vikings pass the bong please!!! c'mon, this guy is a dirtbag and I don't want him back. let him come back to the team and play well in preseason and trade his arse and get something for this piece of sh*t!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Ok O. Smith has some problems but he is a decent enough guy. Last time I was at the dome he was one of very few players that was signing stuff for fans pregame. Most players simple walk on by ignoring the fans but Smith took the time and actually quickly chatted with everyone he signed for. While this has nothing to do with his personal habits I think its nice to know he is at least down to earth enough to appreciate fans. It tells me he probably has a good heart just has some serious issues.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:03:21 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith told the newspaper he wants to return to the team in 2006. In his first public comments since he was suspended for one year by the NFL for violating its substance abuse policy, Smith said the punishment compelled him to do "some real soul searching" about the direction of his life. "The suspension saved me from some serious trouble," Smith told the Pioneer Press Wednesday, Dec. 7. "It could have been a serious arrest, an accident - anything could have occurred." A league spokesman said Smith's reinstatement will not be considered until the offseason, and Vikings head coach Mike Tice wasn't available to comment. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told the Pioneer Press on Oct. 23 that Smith's future had not been determined. Asked if he has any regrets, Smith said, "The only regret I have is for the people that I hurt."
    Those are some pretty vague answers.

Oh well, let's wait and see what happens. I am going to avoid any personal opinions on this, because without being in the room with the guy or knowing a lot more than what he told the Press, WE have know idea if he has changed or if he is telling the truth.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cyviking" wrote:
    Ok O. Smith has some problems but he is a decent enough guy. Last time I was at the dome he was one of very few players that was signing stuff for fans pregame. Most players simple walk on by ignoring the fans but Smith took the time and actually quickly chatted with everyone he signed for. While this has nothing to do with his personal habits I think its nice to know he is at least down to earth enough to appreciate fans. It tells me he probably has a good heart just has some serious issues.
    All that is fine and dandy. But, he has problems with drugs, fake dicks, and groping women who have had too much to drink.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    All that is fine and dandy. But, he has problems with drugs, fake dicks, and groping women who have had too much to drink.

Plus peeing in an elevator, that is just disgusting!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    The big three I reckon. Drugs, fake dicks, and drunk women. I guess if he got rid of the drug problem he may still have a problem with the women when he totes a fake dick around with him.

"cyvikings" wrote:
    Ok O. Smith has some problems but he is a decent enough guy...
    See the big three.

"cyvikings" wrote:
    It tells me he probably has a good heart just has some serious issues.
    It's good to see players do that, realize who their real employers are. No doubt he has some serious issues...that's an understatement.

I'm still for letting him walk. I think his character is beyond questionable. Why?

1. He liked drugs. No biggie, happens.

2. He likes fake dicks. Weasel move trying to cover up what he knows is wrong. He was conscious enough to know that he was doing wrong and trying to cover it up with a fake dick.

3. He likes women. Seems normal, it may even be normal to hit on a drunk beautiful woman. But to sexually assault a mentally challenged woman is lower than scum and is a character flaw--one step bigger than an 'oops'.

Vikings | Police and Courts: O. Smith
    Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:36:51 -0700

Updating an Oct. 14 story, the Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith is being sued for $150,000 by an unnamed 21-year-old woman who claims Smith sexually assaulted her last year. The lawsuit claims she suffers from a lifelong illness and her physician describes her as an "individual with disabilities." She has a form of mental impairment stemming from fetal alcohol syndrome. The lawsuit mentions that a second Vikings player was involved in the attack, but that player is not identified because he "met his legal obligations," the woman's lawyer, Lori Peterson, said.
    Let the bastard walk.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

OK im being quoted alot here for my stance on O. Smith,lol. I can totally understand why he should be gone and why people want him gone he has done some creepy/illeagle/disgusting stuff. But I will forever remember the guy that was signing caps,balls, ect for little kids and talking to the fans before the game. It was very nice to see him doing that when the rest of the team was ignoring everyone.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Del Rio Guest

I think he is on the team next year. If Tice is on the team I am certain O. Smith has a shot.

He did his time and if he is physically able to play then suit him up.

Wilf has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is going to clean up the organization. He has written a code of conduct, he is looking to hire a few people but as far as actions against players he has done nothing.

He needs to say the right things and act in a correct manner because he is rubbing elbows with the big wigs trying to get a new stadium.

Not saying he wont crack the whip, but I hear a whole hell of a lot of praise going around that he is going to clean house, and he is this and that, but frankly there is nothing that really stands out to prove he will.

I would not at all be surprised if O. Smith returns as a RB for us. I ripped him when he did it, he got suspended and payed the price and when the season is done he gets another shot.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast