Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110
  1. #21
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre could be the ticket for ticket sales[/size]


    By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

    Posted Jul 5, 2009




    The Vikings haven’t officially signed Brett Favre yet, and the timing of that transaction could be a boost to the release of single-game tickets.....

    And therein lies one of the biggest reasons for signing Favre. As I stated earlier, watch for the announcement to be made just a few days prior to the tickets going on sale.

    If Favre does decide to stay retired, I don't expect that announcement to be made public until after the tickets go one sale & right before TC.
    See, this is what I don't get... Ticket sales are a lot like Vegas odds... an indication of the general public's opinion on a situation.
    There isn't one person in Vegas who arbitrarily makes odds, no it's a collection and a moving point that balances bets for and bets against which almost by definition is the public's overall perception on the situation.

    The same with Brett Favre.
    People wouldn't buy tickets to come watch a washed up division foe QB come lose us football games.
    If his signing does result in a surge of ticket sales, that says something about the public's belief in the impact of Brett Favre.
    Now I'm sure with our superior typing and online navigation skills, we are all far better suited to evaluate the impact of Brett Favre then an "average" fan spending his hard earned money on a ticket, right?
    :

    If Favre sells out the Dome, those of you who believe it's a bad move should really evaluate why you are betting against Vegas, betting against the collective.
    IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre whereever he goes& will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year.
    Good. At least someone will buy tickets. All those fucking people in the Twin Cities and poor sales. Pathetic.

  2. #22
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    Will Packer tickets be even harder to get this year?
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre could be the ticket for ticket sales[/size]


    By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

    Posted Jul 5, 2009




    The Vikings haven’t officially signed Brett Favre yet, and the timing of that transaction could be a boost to the release of single-game tickets.....

    And therein lies one of the biggest reasons for signing Favre. As I stated earlier, watch for the announcement to be made just a few days prior to the tickets going on sale.

    If Favre does decide to stay retired, I don't expect that announcement to be made public until after the tickets go one sale & right before TC.
    See, this is what I don't get... Ticket sales are a lot like Vegas odds... an indication of the general public's opinion on a situation.
    There isn't one person in Vegas who arbitrarily makes odds, no it's a collection and a moving point that balances bets for and bets against which almost by definition is the public's overall perception on the situation.

    The same with Brett Favre.
    People wouldn't buy tickets to come watch a washed up division foe QB come lose us football games.
    If his signing does result in a surge of ticket sales, that says something about the public's belief in the impact of Brett Favre.
    Now I'm sure with our superior typing and online navigation skills, we are all far better suited to evaluate the impact of Brett Favre then an "average" fan spending his hard earned money on a ticket, right?
    :

    If Favre sells out the Dome, those of you who believe it's a bad move should really evaluate why you are betting against Vegas, betting against the collective.
    Why, because ticket sales now guarantees wins? Sorry, but I don't agree with your analysis. We saw the poll early that showed which Minnesotans are less likely to buy tickets if Favre does sign.

    How many here will scramble to buy tickets that didn't last year? So far, Ned is the only one I know of.

    Good or bad performance, Favre sells tickets based on his reputation. Reputations don't guarantee wins

    IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre whereever he goes& will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year. I think we'll see fans in GB jerseys all season long. I also believe scalpers will see this as an opportunity & buy a lot of them up as well.

    There are also those who may buy tickets to watch him fail. Cheesedicks come to mind. How many NASCAR fans buy tickets to watch a driver win? How many buy tickets to watch cars crash?

    Keep in mind also, that not only do we have AD this year, we added Harvin as well & tossed in the Wildcat. That potential explosiveness alone should increase ticket sales, but I'm betting Favre will get credited with all the extra ticket sales.
    There will be bandwagon fans.
    There will be scalpers.
    There will also be fans who have been disenchanted with the franchise the past few years who realize that a good QB could make a helluva lot of difference.

    The poll you refer to was a very informal poll with only a few hundred replied.
    Less than one half of a percent of the number of people it takes to fill up the dome.
    And assuming that we have approximately 2 million Vikings fans in travel distance to the dome, that is only about 1/100 of a percent.
    Not even close to enough of a base to use as an argument either way.

    There are a lot of things that you are an expert in that I will gladly defer to your knowledge.
    The study you referenced on sleep deprivation versus driving intoxicated still amazes me.
    But when we start talking about marketing, I think I may have an edge here.

    Signing Fav-re will almost certainly increase ticket sales.
    Maybe not among the hardcore fans like you, I, and the rest of the PP.Oers, but among the casual fans, which make up a much larger percentage of the fan base.
    Fav-re brings name recognition and the idea of an upgrade to a position that faces a lot of public criticism.
    Go out and talk to some casual Viking fans, and ask them what the biggest reason for the Vikings playoff loss was.
    I am willing to bet that the majority of them will say it was TJack - mostly because this is what they have been hearing over the media circuits for the past couple of years.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that it is true, just what the overall perception of the casual fans is.
    And in marketing, perception is reality.
    If the casual fan believes that QB was our biggest issue, bringing in a QB who they all know and associate with HoF play is a very good way to increase ticket sales.
    It is all about connecting to the casual fan and making them feel secure and happy with their purchase, especially in a poor economy.

    This lies completely outside the argument of whether or not Jackson is bad, or Fav-re is good, or anything else we have been debating all offseason long.
    This is about what motivates people to buy tickets.
    And if anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will sell more tickets, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre could be the ticket for ticket sales[/size]


    By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

    Posted Jul 5, 2009




    The Vikings haven’t officially signed Brett Favre yet, and the timing of that transaction could be a boost to the release of single-game tickets.....

    And therein lies one of the biggest reasons for signing Favre. As I stated earlier, watch for the announcement to be made just a few days prior to the tickets going on sale.

    If Favre does decide to stay retired, I don't expect that announcement to be made public until after the tickets go one sale & right before TC.
    See, this is what I don't get... Ticket sales are a lot like Vegas odds... an indication of the general public's opinion on a situation.
    There isn't one person in Vegas who arbitrarily makes odds, no it's a collection and a moving point that balances bets for and bets against which almost by definition is the public's overall perception on the situation.

    The same with Brett Favre.
    People wouldn't buy tickets to come watch a washed up division foe QB come lose us football games.
    If his signing does result in a surge of ticket sales, that says something about the public's belief in the impact of Brett Favre.
    Now I'm sure with our superior typing and online navigation skills, we are all far better suited to evaluate the impact of Brett Favre then an "average" fan spending his hard earned money on a ticket, right?
    :

    If Favre sells out the Dome, those of you who believe it's a bad move should really evaluate why you are betting against Vegas, betting against the collective.
    Why, because ticket sales now guarantees wins? Sorry, but I don't agree with your analysis. We saw the poll early that showed which Minnesotans are less likely to buy tickets if Favre does sign.

    How many here will scramble to buy tickets that didn't last year? So far, Ned is the only one I know of.

    Good or bad performance, Favre sells tickets based on his reputation. Reputations don't guarantee wins

    IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre whereever he goes& will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year. I think we'll see fans in GB jerseys all season long. I also believe scalpers will see this as an opportunity & buy a lot of them up as well.

    There are also those who may buy tickets to watch him fail. Cheesedicks come to mind. How many NASCAR fans buy tickets to watch a driver win? How many buy tickets to watch cars crash?

    Keep in mind also, that not only do we have AD this year, we added Harvin as well & tossed in the Wildcat. That potential explosiveness alone should increase ticket sales, but I'm betting Favre will get credited with all the extra ticket sales.
    There will be bandwagon fans.
    There will be scalpers.
    There will also be fans who have been disenchanted with the franchise the past few years who realize that a good QB could make a helluva lot of difference.

    The poll you refer to was a very informal poll with only a few hundred replied.
    Less than one half of a percent of the number of people it takes to fill up the dome.
    And assuming that we have approximately 2 million Vikings fans in travel distance to the dome, that is only about 1/100 of a percent.
    Not even close to enough of a base to use as an argument either way.

    There are a lot of things that you are an expert in that I will gladly defer to your knowledge.
    The study you referenced on sleep deprivation versus driving intoxicated still amazes me.
    But when we start talking about marketing, I think I may have an edge here.

    Signing Fav-re will almost certainly increase ticket sales.
    Maybe not among the hardcore fans like you, I, and the rest of the PP.Oers, but among the casual fans, which make up a much larger percentage of the fan base.
    Fav-re brings name recognition and the idea of an upgrade to a position that faces a lot of public criticism.
    Go out and talk to some casual Viking fans, and ask them what the biggest reason for the Vikings playoff loss was.
    I am willing to bet that the majority of them will say it was TJack - mostly because this is what they have been hearing over the media circuits for the past couple of years.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that it is true, just what the overall perception of the casual fans is.
    And in marketing, perception is reality.
    If the casual fan believes that QB was our biggest issue, bringing in a QB who they all know and associate with HoF play is a very good way to increase ticket sales.
    It is all about connecting to the casual fan and making them feel secure and happy with their purchase, especially in a poor economy.

    This lies completely outside the argument of whether or not Jackson is bad, or Fav-re is good, or anything else we have been debating all offseason long.
    This is about what motivates people to buy tickets.
    And if anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will sell more tickets, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.
    BINGO
    +1
    ;D





    Nice Post Nodak


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #25
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52259.msg966240#msg966240 date=1246877879]
    [size=13pt]Favre could be the ticket for ticket sales[/size]


    By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

    Posted Jul 5, 2009




    The Vikings haven’t officially signed Brett Favre yet, and the timing of that transaction could be a boost to the release of single-game tickets.....

    And therein lies one of the biggest reasons for signing Favre. As I stated earlier, watch for the announcement to be made just a few days prior to the tickets going on sale.

    If Favre does decide to stay retired, I don't expect that announcement to be made public until after the tickets go one sale & right before TC.
    See, this is what I don't get... Ticket sales are a lot like Vegas odds... an indication of the general public's opinion on a situation.
    There isn't one person in Vegas who arbitrarily makes odds, no it's a collection and a moving point that balances bets for and bets against which almost by definition is the public's overall perception on the situation.

    The same with Brett Favre.
    People wouldn't buy tickets to come watch a washed up division foe QB come lose us football games.
    If his signing does result in a surge of ticket sales, that says something about the public's belief in the impact of Brett Favre.
    Now I'm sure with our superior typing and online navigation skills, we are all far better suited to evaluate the impact of Brett Favre then an "average" fan spending his hard earned money on a ticket, right?
    :

    If Favre sells out the Dome, those of you who believe it's a bad move should really evaluate why you are betting against Vegas, betting against the collective.
    Why, because ticket sales now guarantees wins? Sorry, but I don't agree with your analysis. We saw the poll early that showed which Minnesotans are less likely to buy tickets if Favre does sign.

    How many here will scramble to buy tickets that didn't last year? So far, Ned is the only one I know of.

    Good or bad performance, Favre sells tickets based on his reputation. Reputations don't guarantee wins

    IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre whereever he goes& will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year. I think we'll see fans in GB jerseys all season long. I also believe scalpers will see this as an opportunity & buy a lot of them up as well.

    There are also those who may buy tickets to watch him fail. Cheesedicks come to mind. How many NASCAR fans buy tickets to watch a driver win? How many buy tickets to watch cars crash?

    Keep in mind also, that not only do we have AD this year, we added Harvin as well & tossed in the Wildcat. That potential explosiveness alone should increase ticket sales, but I'm betting Favre will get credited with all the extra ticket sales.
    There will be bandwagon fans.
    There will be scalpers.
    There will also be fans who have been disenchanted with the franchise the past few years who realize that a good QB could make a helluva lot of difference.

    The poll you refer to was a very informal poll with only a few hundred replied.
    Less than one half of a percent of the number of people it takes to fill up the dome.
    And assuming that we have approximately 2 million Vikings fans in travel distance to the dome, that is only about 1/100 of a percent.
    Not even close to enough of a base to use as an argument either way.

    There are a lot of things that you are an expert in that I will gladly defer to your knowledge.
    The study you referenced on sleep deprivation versus driving intoxicated still amazes me.
    But when we start talking about marketing, I think I may have an edge here.

    Signing Fav-re will almost certainly increase ticket sales.
    Maybe not among the hardcore fans like you, I, and the rest of the PP.Oers, but among the casual fans, which make up a much larger percentage of the fan base.
    Fav-re brings name recognition and the idea of an upgrade to a position that faces a lot of public criticism.
    Go out and talk to some casual Viking fans, and ask them what the biggest reason for the Vikings playoff loss was.
    I am willing to bet that the majority of them will say it was TJack - mostly because this is what they have been hearing over the media circuits for the past couple of years.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that it is true, just what the overall perception of the casual fans is.
    And in marketing, perception is reality.
    If the casual fan believes that QB was our biggest issue, bringing in a QB who they all know and associate with HoF play is a very good way to increase ticket sales.
    It is all about connecting to the casual fan and making them feel secure and happy with their purchase, especially in a poor economy.

    This lies completely outside the argument of whether or not Jackson is bad, or Fav-re is good, or anything else we have been debating all offseason long.
    This is about what motivates people to buy tickets.
    And if anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will sell more tickets, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.
    BINGO
    +1
    ;D





    Nice Post Nodak
    [/quote]+1, Good post Nodak.

  6. #26
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "gregair13" wrote:
    Will Packer tickets be even harder to get this year?
    My guess is an unqualified YES.

    Now, this is going back aways (late 90s/early 00s, after the 98 Vikes), but it wasn't uncommon for the Vikes to sell out the entire season the day that tickets went on sale.
    Tickets for the Packer and Bear games didn't last more than an hour, if that.
    Of course, that was back before the Vikings ticket office made you buy a preseason game at full price for the privilege of buying tickets to the Packer game.

    Last season, fan optimism going into the season wasn't all that strong.
    Most fans and pundits still viewed the QB position as a limiting weakness, the Vikings had stumbled to an 8-8 finish in 07, and the Pack was coming off a 13-3 season.
    Season ticket sales and renewals slumped badly, and many fans appeared to have a "wait and see" attitude.
    As I recall, because of the pre-season game bundling, there were still tickets to the Packers game available well into the regular season...something that was almost unheard of.

    But, even if Favre doesn't sign, I think this year will be entirely different at least in regard to the Packer game tickets.
    The Vikings are the defending division champions.
    They drafted an exciting player in Percy Harvin.
    And the Packers game is the 4th game of the year, and the second home game.
    Unless Favre flat out comes out and says "I'm not playing" before the tickets go on sale, speculation will still be rampant.
    I bet tickets to the Packer game sell out within an hour or two after they go on sale.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "purplepat" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Will Packer tickets be even harder to get this year?
    My guess is an unqualified YES.

    Now, this is going back aways (late 90s/early 00s, after the 98 Vikes), but it wasn't uncommon for the Vikes to sell out the entire season the day that tickets went on sale.
    Tickets for the Packer and Bear games didn't last more than an hour, if that.
    Of course, that was back before the Vikings ticket office made you buy a preseason game at full price for the privilege of buying tickets to the Packer game.

    Last season, fan optimism going into the season wasn't all that strong.
    Most fans and pundits still viewed the QB position as a limiting weakness, the Vikings had stumbled to an 8-8 finish in 07, and the Pack was coming off a 13-3 season.
    Season ticket sales and renewals slumped badly, and many fans appeared to have a "wait and see" attitude.
    As I recall, because of the pre-season game bundling, there were still tickets to the Packers game available well into the regular season...something that was almost unheard of.

    But, even if Favre doesn't sign, I think this year will be entirely different at least in regard to the Packer game tickets.
    The Vikings are the defending division champions.
    They drafted an exciting player in Percy Harvin.
    And the Packers game is the 4th game of the year, and the second home game.
    Unless Favre flat out comes out and says "I'm not playing" before the tickets go on sale, speculation will still be rampant.
    I bet tickets to the Packer game sell out within an hour or two after they go on sale.
    Ah, the good ole days...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "purplepat" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Will Packer tickets be even harder to get this year?
    My guess is an unqualified YES.

    Now, this is going back aways (late 90s/early 00s, after the 98 Vikes), but it wasn't uncommon for the Vikes to sell out the entire season the day that tickets went on sale.
    Tickets for the Packer and Bear games didn't last more than an hour, if that.
    Of course, that was back before the Vikings ticket office made you buy a preseason game at full price for the privilege of buying tickets to the Packer game.

    Last season, fan optimism going into the season wasn't all that strong.
    Most fans and pundits still viewed the QB position as a limiting weakness, the Vikings had stumbled to an 8-8 finish in 07, and the Pack was coming off a 13-3 season.
    Season ticket sales and renewals slumped badly, and many fans appeared to have a "wait and see" attitude.
    As I recall, because of the pre-season game bundling, there were still tickets to the Packers game available well into the regular season...something that was almost unheard of.

    But, even if Favre doesn't sign, I think this year will be entirely different at least in regard to the Packer game tickets.
    The Vikings are the defending division champions.
    They drafted an exciting player in Percy Harvin.
    And the Packers game is the 4th game of the year, and the second home game.
    Unless Favre flat out comes out and says "I'm not playing" before the tickets go on sale, speculation will still be rampant.
    I bet tickets to the Packer game sell out within an hour or two after they go on sale.
    Last year was probably the best opportunity in a while to get cheap tickets to Vikings Packers. I think the economy had more to do with it than expectations for the team.
    In 2007 I bought 4 tickets online with a face value of $25 each, I paid $50 a piece. At the game we were able to sell them to a scalper for $110 a piece, I'm guessing he sold them for atleast $130 each. And that was coming off a 6 win season, before Peterson tore up the league.
    I think tickets are gonna be ridiculous this year if Favre signs. Packer fans and Vikings fans will want to be there because of Favre. Plus it's a Monday night game which should only increase the price. If I wasn't a season ticket holder I'd buy tickets now, I think demand will only go up as it gets closer.
    My folks are donated a pair of nose bleeders to that game to a benefit auction, I'll try to post the details when I get them(they actually bought season tickets just for that game so I might be able to offer a couple other games for sale too).

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre could be the ticket for ticket sales[/size]


    By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

    Posted Jul 5, 2009




    The Vikings haven’t officially signed Brett Favre yet, and the timing of that transaction could be a boost to the release of single-game tickets.....

    And therein lies one of the biggest reasons for signing Favre. As I stated earlier, watch for the announcement to be made just a few days prior to the tickets going on sale.

    If Favre does decide to stay retired, I don't expect that announcement to be made public until after the tickets go one sale & right before TC.
    See, this is what I don't get... Ticket sales are a lot like Vegas odds... an indication of the general public's opinion on a situation.
    There isn't one person in Vegas who arbitrarily makes odds, no it's a collection and a moving point that balances bets for and bets against which almost by definition is the public's overall perception on the situation.

    The same with Brett Favre.
    People wouldn't buy tickets to come watch a washed up division foe QB come lose us football games.
    If his signing does result in a surge of ticket sales, that says something about the public's belief in the impact of Brett Favre.
    Now I'm sure with our superior typing and online navigation skills, we are all far better suited to evaluate the impact of Brett Favre then an "average" fan spending his hard earned money on a ticket, right?
    :

    If Favre sells out the Dome, those of you who believe it's a bad move should really evaluate why you are betting against Vegas, betting against the collective.
    Why, because ticket sales now guarantees wins? Sorry, but I don't agree with your analysis. We saw the poll early that showed which Minnesotans are less likely to buy tickets if Favre does sign.

    How many here will scramble to buy tickets that didn't last year? So far, Ned is the only one I know of.

    Good or bad performance, Favre sells tickets based on his reputation. Reputations don't guarantee wins

    IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre whereever he goes& will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year. I think we'll see fans in GB jerseys all season long. I also believe scalpers will see this as an opportunity & buy a lot of them up as well.

    There are also those who may buy tickets to watch him fail. Cheesedicks come to mind. How many NASCAR fans buy tickets to watch a driver win? How many buy tickets to watch cars crash?

    Keep in mind also, that not only do we have AD this year, we added Harvin as well & tossed in the Wildcat. That potential explosiveness alone should increase ticket sales, but I'm betting Favre will get credited with all the extra ticket sales.
    There will be bandwagon fans.
    There will be scalpers.
    There will also be fans who have been disenchanted with the franchise the past few years who realize that a good QB could make a helluva lot of difference.

    The poll you refer to was a very informal poll with only a few hundred replied.
    Less than one half of a percent of the number of people it takes to fill up the dome.
    And assuming that we have approximately 2 million Vikings fans in travel distance to the dome, that is only about 1/100 of a percent.
    Not even close to enough of a base to use as an argument either way.

    There are a lot of things that you are an expert in that I will gladly defer to your knowledge.
    The study you referenced on sleep deprivation versus driving intoxicated still amazes me.
    But when we start talking about marketing, I think I may have an edge here.


    Signing Fav-re will almost certainly increase ticket sales.
    Maybe not among the hardcore fans like you, I, and the rest of the PP.Oers, but among the casual fans, which make up a much larger percentage of the fan base.
    Fav-re brings name recognition and the idea of an upgrade to a position that faces a lot of public criticism.
    Go out and talk to some casual Viking fans, and ask them what the biggest reason for the Vikings playoff loss was.
    I am willing to bet that the majority of them will say it was TJack - mostly because this is what they have been hearing over the media circuits for the past couple of years.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that it is true, just what the overall perception of the casual fans is.
    And in marketing, perception is reality.
    If the casual fan believes that QB was our biggest issue, bringing in a QB who they all know and associate with HoF play is a very good way to increase ticket sales.
    It is all about connecting to the casual fan and making them feel secure and happy with their purchase, especially in a poor economy.

    This lies completely outside the argument of whether or not Jackson is bad, or Fav-re is good, or anything else we have been debating all offseason long.
    This is about what motivates people to buy tickets.
    And if anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will sell more tickets, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.
    ???
    I don't recall making a post or referring to a study referencing sleep deprivation versus driving intoxicated.

    Perhaps you have me confused with someone else or old age is getting to me.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Why, because ticket sales now guarantees wins? Sorry, but I don't agree with your analysis. We saw the poll early that showed which Minnesotans are less likely to buy tickets if Favre does sign.

    How many here will scramble to buy tickets that didn't last year? So far, Ned is the only one I know of.

    Good or bad performance, Favre sells tickets based on his reputation. Reputations don't guarantee wins

    IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre whereever he goes& will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year. I think we'll see fans in GB jerseys all season long. I also believe scalpers will see this as an opportunity & buy a lot of them up as well.

    There are also those who may buy tickets to watch him fail. Cheesedicks come to mind. How many NASCAR fans buy tickets to watch a driver win? How many buy tickets to watch cars crash?

    Keep in mind also, that not only do we have AD this year, we added Harvin as well & tossed in the Wildcat. That potential explosiveness alone should increase ticket sales, but I'm betting Favre will get credited with all the extra ticket sales.
    There will be bandwagon fans.
    There will be scalpers.
    There will also be fans who have been disenchanted with the franchise the past few years who realize that a good QB could make a helluva lot of difference.

    The poll you refer to was a very informal poll with only a few hundred replied.
    Less than one half of a percent of the number of people it takes to fill up the dome.
    And assuming that we have approximately 2 million Vikings fans in travel distance to the dome, that is only about 1/100 of a percent.
    Not even close to enough of a base to use as an argument either way.

    There are a lot of things that you are an expert in that I will gladly defer to your knowledge.
    The study you referenced on sleep deprivation versus driving intoxicated still amazes me.
    But when we start talking about marketing, I think I may have an edge here.

    Signing Fav-re will almost certainly increase ticket sales.
    Maybe not among the hardcore fans like you, I, and the rest of the PP.Oers, but among the casual fans, which make up a much larger percentage of the fan base.
    Fav-re brings name recognition and the idea of an upgrade to a position that faces a lot of public criticism.
    Go out and talk to some casual Viking fans, and ask them what the biggest reason for the Vikings playoff loss was.
    I am willing to bet that the majority of them will say it was TJack - mostly because this is what they have been hearing over the media circuits for the past couple of years.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that it is true, just what the overall perception of the casual fans is.
    And in marketing, perception is reality.
    If the casual fan believes that QB was our biggest issue, bringing in a QB who they all know and associate with HoF play is a very good way to increase ticket sales.
    It is all about connecting to the casual fan and making them feel secure and happy with their purchase, especially in a poor economy.

    This lies completely outside the argument of whether or not Jackson is bad, or Fav-re is good, or anything else we have been debating all offseason long.
    This is about what motivates people to buy tickets.
    And if anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will sell more tickets, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.
    So you are agreeing with me then?

    "singersp" wrote:
    IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre wherever he goes & will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year. I think we'll see fans in GB jerseys all season long.
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    There will be bandwagon fans.
    "singersp" wrote:
    I also believe scalpers will see this as an opportunity & buy a lot of them up as well.
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    There will be scalpers.
    "singersp" wrote:
    Good or bad performance, Favre sells tickets based on his reputation.
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Signing Fav-re will almost certainly increase ticket sales.
    Maybe not among the hardcore fans like you, I, and the rest of the PP.Oers, but among the casual fans, which make up a much larger percentage of the fan base.
    Fav-re brings name recognition and the idea of an upgrade to a position that faces a lot of public criticism.
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    bringing in a QB who they all know and associate with HoF play is a very good way to increase ticket sales.
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This lies completely outside the argument of whether or not Jackson is bad, or Fav-re is good, or anything else we have been debating all offseason long. This is about what motivates people to buy tickets.
    And if anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will sell more tickets, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.
    Perhaps you missed the part where I stated Favre will sell tickets based on his reputation. Yes, that will include casual fans as well as die-hard fans.

    There will be more bandwagon fans buying tickets this year if Favre signs than we have seen in recent years.

    If anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will bring in more bandwagon fans, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.

    There will be more scalpers buying tickets this year if Favre signs than we have seen in recent years.

    If anyone DOESN'T think that the addition of Fav-re will result in more scalpers buying tickets, then they are letting their personal feelings getting the way of logic.

    And regardless of how small that poll was (It was 500 Minnesotans BTW, not a few hundred), you simply can't dismiss it. It still is made up of casual fans as well as die-hard fans in Minnesota & I don't think a poll of 100 fold that size would result in a major shift one way or the other.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SINGLE GAME TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 07:48 AM
  2. Single Season Game Tickets go on sale July 9th
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 09:46 PM
  3. When did single game tickets go on sale?
    By purplepat in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 07:52 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 07:11 PM
  5. Vikings single-game tickets to go on sale July 9
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 06:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •