Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, July 9

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Johnson14" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Actually, they are on sale right now through Ticketmaster!
    I think that it may be a mistake, as the Frontier Fan presale (whatever that is) isn't even open.
    But I was just able to select 4 tickets to the home opener.

If you have anyone who is interested in tickets, this might be a good opportunity to grab them...
    Just tried to purchase tickets for a game without success, even though it's not sold out.
    I know of at least one PPOer from the UK who called the Vikings ticket office direct and was able to purchase single-game tickets.
    Give that a shot, if you don't mind the international charges.

=Z=
    Cheers for the 'heads-up' Z-man

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Just from looking around at TicketMaster today, it looks to me that tickets are on sale (at least some tickets) for preseason games.
    Regular season games looked to be another matter.
    TicketMaster seemed to say that tickets went on sale July 20th at 10 AM CDT (ostensibly they'd go onsale at the Metrodome box office one hour earlier).
    I've seen that July 9th date as well, but no real official word from the Vikings...and if they were going onsale by the 9th, I'd think they might have announced it by now.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepat" wrote:
    Just from looking around at TicketMaster today, it looks to me that tickets are on sale (at least some tickets) for preseason games.
    Regular season games looked to be another matter.
    TicketMaster seemed to say that tickets went on sale July 20th at 10 AM CDT (ostensibly they'd go onsale at the Metrodome box office one hour earlier).
    I've seen that July 9th date as well, but no real official word from the Vikings...and if they were going onsale by the 9th, I'd think they might have announced it by now.
    What you can get from Ticketmaster and what you can get by directly calling the Vikings appears to be a different thing.
    I was surprised when Mark_The_Viking said he'd picked up tix by calling the Vikings ticket office, but it worked for him.
    Rock on.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

I called up the ticket office today only to get a recorded message saying they were closed on the 3rd July.. doh!!

Worse case scenario is i guess theres always ebay, there even some on there already for the game i want! lol

I found this, regarding Favre and the ticket situation.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/03/no-july-3-surprise-from-favre-yet/#comments
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Favre could be the ticket for ticket sales[/size]

By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Jul 5, 2009

The Vikings haven’t officially signed Brett Favre yet, and the timing of that transaction could be a boost to the release of single-game tickets.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:

By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Jul 5, 2009

The Vikings haven’t officially signed Brett Favre yet, and the timing of that transaction could be a boost to the release of single-game tickets.....

And therein lies one of the biggest reasons for signing Favre. As I stated earlier, watch for the announcement to be made just a few days prior to the tickets going on sale.

If Favre does decide to stay retired, I don't expect that announcement to be made public until after the tickets go one sale & right before TC.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Jul 5, 2009

And therein lies one of the biggest reasons for signing Favre. As I stated earlier, watch for the announcement to be made just a few days prior to the tickets going on sale.

If Favre does decide to stay retired, I don't expect that announcement to be made public until after the tickets go one sale & right before TC.
    See, this is what I don't get... Ticket sales are a lot like Vegas odds... an indication of the general public's opinion on a situation.
    There isn't one person in Vegas who arbitrarily makes odds, no it's a collection and a moving point that balances bets for and bets against which almost by definition is the public's overall perception on the situation.

The same with Brett Favre.
    People wouldn't buy tickets to come watch a washed up division foe QB come lose us football games.
    If his signing does result in a surge of ticket sales, that says something about the public's belief in the impact of Brett Favre.
    Now I'm sure with our superior typing and online navigation skills, we are all far better suited to evaluate the impact of Brett Favre then an "average" fan spending his hard earned money on a ticket, right?
    :

If Favre sells out the Dome, those of you who believe it's a bad move should really evaluate why you are betting against Vegas, betting against the collective.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Jul 5, 2009

See, this is what I don't get... Ticket sales are a lot like Vegas odds... an indication of the general public's opinion on a situation.
    There isn't one person in Vegas who arbitrarily makes odds, no it's a collection and a moving point that balances bets for and bets against which almost by definition is the public's overall perception on the situation.

People wouldn't buy tickets to come watch a washed up division foe QB come lose us football games.
    If his signing does result in a surge of ticket sales, that says something about the public's belief in the impact of Brett Favre.
    Now I'm sure with our superior typing and online navigation skills, we are all far better suited to evaluate the impact of Brett Favre then an "average" fan spending his hard earned money on a ticket, right?
    :

If Favre sells out the Dome, those of you who believe it's a bad move should really evaluate why you are betting against Vegas, betting against the collective.
    Why, because ticket sales now guarantees wins? Sorry, but I don't agree with your analysis. We saw the poll early that showed which Minnesotans are less likely to buy tickets if Favre does sign.

How many here will scramble to buy tickets that didn't last year? So far, Ned is the only one I know of.

Good or bad performance, Favre sells tickets based on his reputation. Reputations don't guarantee wins

IMO, There will be bandwagoners who follow Favre whereever he goes& will be buying tickets who weren't even Vikings fans last year. I think we'll see fans in GB jerseys all season long. I also believe scalpers will see this as an opportunity & buy a lot of them up as well.

There are also those who may buy tickets to watch him fail. Cheesedicks come to mind. How many NASCAR fans buy tickets to watch a driver win? How many buy tickets to watch cars crash?

Keep in mind also, that not only do we have AD this year, we added Harvin as well & tossed in the Wildcat. That potential explosiveness alone should increase ticket sales, but I'm betting Favre will get credited with all the extra ticket sales.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com

Posted Jul 5, 2009

:

We saw the poll early that showed which Minnesotans are less likely to buy tickets if Favre does sign.
    Probably the same people who won't buy any tickets anyways, so fuck em.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast