Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings single-game tickets to go on sale July 9

"singersp" wrote:
    I think the number of tix available is higher than you think. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Vikings hold back a certain number of sets from the general public for later sales, opponents teams, 5 game ticket packages & season tix.

Every year you here about opponents teams returning unsold tickets that get made available to the general public.
    You are correct about the opponent returning unsold tickets, not sure what those are though (reserved for players and their families?).
    You are also correct about the 5 game packages and season tickets, although I'm not sure how many seats are being held back for those.

I seriously doubt though that they hold back any seats for later sale to the public.
    You'll sell those tickets as soon as you can.
    When the Vikings say a game is sold out, that pretty much means you have to wait for the returned opponents tickets to have any shot at buying tickets for that single game.

Again, based on the repeated begging that many ex-season ticket holders are receiving to renew, I suspect we'll see a lot of empty seats in the upper deck endzone area this season.
    Maybe that just means I'll move down a few seats....nah.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The tickets that the teams return aren't' being held back by the Vikings.
    Each visiting team is given a specific amount of tickets that they can do what they want to with (usually for player's family, sponsors, etc...).
    All unassigned tickets have to be returned to the home team by Thursday before game day, and the home team can resell them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Each visiting team is given a specific amount of tickets that they can do what they want to with (usually for player's family, sponsors, etc...).
    All unassigned tickets have to be returned to the home team by Thursday before game day, and the home team can resell them.
    And, if I'm correct, those tickets don't count against the blackout numbers, either.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yes they are. They are holding them back from the general public to buy. You can't go & buy them. They are allocated to the opposing team UNTIL the Thursday before the game, just as you stated.

Then, at that time or if the team returns them earlier, they are made available to the general public to purchase.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678