Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings single-game tickets to go on sale July 9

If you get a seat behind the players bench, how many rows up do you need to be to see the field well?
    I have a shot at a couple of seats in 109 but want to be able to see the game.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    If you get a seat behind the players bench, how many rows up do you need to be to see the field well?
    This is section 106 about row 14

[img width=450 height=337]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/field.jpg[/img]

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I know I am probably in the minority here, but I personally don't like the views from any of the seats in the lower level.
    I prefer low row second level or high row lower level for the best views of the game.
    If I was going to go lower row lower level, I would want to be in the endzone.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I know I am probably in the minority here, but I personally don't like the views from any of the seats in the lower level.
    I prefer low row second level or high row lower level for the best views of the game.
    I know from when I sat with my buddy in the lower end-zone back in 2005, that is was frigging awesome when the action was in front of you and horrendous when it hit about the 40 and then on down towards the other end-zone.

I, like you, prefer the upper deck.
    I can see the whole field and all the action.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I know from when I sat with my buddy in the lower end-zone back in 2005, that is was frigging awesome when the action was in front of you and horrendous when it hit about the 40 and then on down towards the other end-zone.

=Z=
    This will date me a bit;eg. ancient!

They had a special edition MNF game at the dome on a Thursday night.

Dandy Don, Howie Cosell, and Frank Gifford were in the booth.

Joe Montana was on the field.

I was in the end zone about 12 rows up. The majority of the game was played on the opposite end of the field. The one time Joe drove them down to our end, the quarter ended and they went back down to the other end.

From low in the endzone a twenty yard gain looks about the same as a twenty yard loss if they are past the middle of the field.

Montana killed the Vikes with short outs and west coast style offense. The game was over by the end of the first quarter. So was my voice!

But I got to see one of the best to play qb and had a great time.

But I don't like the endzone seats anymore.

I also prefer the upper deck if you can get close to the front.

I think I might try these seats behind the team just once in my life to see how they are.Should be cool to see how the coaches and players interact up close.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Dang, I gotta start watching Ebay for gems, maybe even I could afford tickets, thanks Nodak.

Anybody wanna spot me a few hundred.
    I will pay you back when my student loans come in.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

=Z=
    You got that right! I sat in row 1 of the endzone & it's great if the majority of the game is played on that half of the field. When it's not, you spend more time watching the megatron. Most of the scoring I saw was by the Giants in that endzone.

I've also sat in row 2 on the 50 behind the players bench. The biggest thing you lose with lower level front rows is depth perception. The field seems very narrow on the sidelines & you can't see plays develop.

If your going for section 109 seats, be half way or more back for a great view.

My preference would be row 1 of the second level anywhere between the 40's.

Skol's got some great sets up in that kneck of the woods.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

=Z=
    You got that right! I sat in row 1 of the endzone & it's great if the majority of the game is played on that half of the field. When it's not, you spend more time watching the megatron. Most of the scoring I saw was by the Giants in that endzone.

I've also sat in row 2 on the 50 behind the players bench. The biggest thing you lose with lower level front rows is depth perception. The field seems very narrow on the sidelines & you can't see plays develop.

I think they are row 23 or 29 in section 109. Thank you for the advice.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and some of the other greats from ppo.

do we have a new tailgate site yet?
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

=Z=

I think they are row 23 or 29 in section 109. Thank you for the advice.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and some of the other greats from ppo.

do we have a new tailgate site yet?
    If they don't come up with one soon we'll just have to crash in on Webby's, Shock's, Zeus', Skol's, Neph's or WBL's place.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Once you get above row 20 you should be ok.
    The real problem sitting behind the players bench is when you are to low (I have been in row 2 at the 45) you cannot see over the players when a play happens on that sideline.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast