Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: Simon could get look as option at tackle

Thursday, August 23, 2007
    [size=12pt]Childress is back[/size]
    Coach Brad Childress returned to Winter Park this afternoon after missing the midday practice because of undisclosed family matter.

"I don't comment much on my family," Childress said, adding that everything was OK.

It was the second missed practice this summer for Childress, who skipped one during training camp to attend a wake for security guard Frank Foster.

"They're rare," Childress said, "but that's why you have videotape."

In other news, Childress said it is his understanding that defensive tackle Fred Evans has resolved all his legal issues in Florida and Texas and that the Vikings have no interest at this time in bringing in former Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Corey Simon for a visit.

Childress said safety Mike Doss (calf) , cornerback Mike Hawkins (rib) and linebacker Vinny Ciurciu (finger) won't play in Saturday night's exhibition game at Seattle.

posted by Don Seeholzer at 4:54 PM
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Vikings are trying to arrange a visit for DT Corey Simon, who could provide depth at defensive line. Simon failed a training camp physical earlier this summer with Indianapolis and was released.

*Frazier was a part of the Colts’ defensive coaching staff when Simon played there in 2005 and said: “He’s a good player. I’m surehe still has some football left in him. I’m not certain where he is injury-wise based on what happened a year ago. But I’m sure he has some footbal left in him.”

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    The Vikings are trying to arrange a visit for DT Corey Simon, who could provide depth at defensive line. Simon failed a training camp physical earlier this summer with Indianapolis and was released.

*Frazier was a part of the Colts’ defensive coaching staff when Simon played there in 2005 and said: “He’s a good player. I’m surehe still has some football left in him. I’m not certain where he is injury-wise based on what happened a year ago. But I’m sure he has some footbal left in him.”

So which is it. One article says that Childress stated that there were no need to bring him in, and still they keep reporting that they are working on setting up a visit.

I'm confused.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

So which is it. One article says that Childress stated that there were no need to bring him in, and still they keep reporting that they are working on setting up a visit.

I'm confused.
    Not 100% sure. This quote was from yesterday & I believe the other one I believe was from today.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123