Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings sign Seahawks Maurice Mann

"Del" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Just a wild guess, but I'll go out on a limb and say Childress is putting the players that he thinks are the best available players onto the 53-man roster while considering the whole team's strangths and weaknesses based on the schemes they are playing.
    Every day it gets worse. Sometimes you just have to cut the dead weight and push forward for the good of the clan. Just do like I do and get a log and set it on your desk. Talk to it daily, reason with it, argue with it..........it is fantastic practice.

Oh and your wrong. It is obvious he is biased, because he started a second string defensive guy when his starter was sitting because off of the field problems in a position that was hit by the injury bug (Tank Williams), and at the same time he sat a practice squad player who only had success against 2nd and 3rd string D's in pre-season. OBVIOUS bias.
    I've started to remedy the problem.
    I started my own forum in MS word and have a lot of good arguments with myself.
    I can never figure out who won though.

I guess I was wrong.
    There is inconclusive evidence that there is a bias against rookies.
    There are rookies floating all over the wire that were cut by many teams throughout the league.
    There should be an investigation into this problem.
    The rookies are getting screwed and we, as fans, should no longer put up with it.
    I think I might start watching bowling.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    The reason behind Childress' madness is that he hates rookies! Carter is getting snubbed.
    YUP! That's the reason Greg Blue played Monday!
    And the reason the TJ is our #2 QB as well.
    :

WWBGD

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Jviking" wrote:
    I hope seattle doesn't go after carter just out of spite...
    I am going to assume that childress has made a good decision on mann.
    We need help, lets hope this will help.
    If a football makes moves out of spite, that's usually a bad thing for them. They signed Branch, so I doubt they have the spot on the roster for Carter. They won't pick him up but there are 30 other teams out there, so who knows. Maybe the Pats will take him....
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Ok hate was too strong of a word, but i really can't think of any other negative that Carter has and this Mann guy doesn't. Can you?

Same goes with McMullen vs. Baskett, Mathis vs. Pinner, and Fox (second year-guy who saw little playing time as a rookie) vs. Baker.

Childress definetly does not faovr surprises, whether they may be good or bad. He likes to know what he is getting and exactly what the player is capable of. That is why he brings in players he has a prior relation to instead of resigning free agents like Burleson, Bennett, Johnstone, Newman, and Chavous.

I didn't mean to knock him, but I guess I'm a bit frustated because I think they players he let go have great potential, and he brings in no-names. for better or for worse is yet to be determined.

I'm am optimistic fan who roots hard for anyone who makes at least one bugplay for the vikes, and I root hard for that player until he is no longer wearing purple. I think it was obvious that Carter deserved a spot on the 53-man roster. If you have an argument as to why Mann is more deserving of a roster spot than JC, I would enjoy hearing your thoughts.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Ok my turn, I rather have a no name tema in winning then be losers like no playoff appearences with stars...there is no (i) in team...and what i mean is I rather have a team then anything else...childress to me is doing a hell of a job

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

For sure Prophet, with all the going on's between our two clubs, this years game between our Viks and the Seachickens is going to be a hum dinger for sure.....
    I was think that myself..... could be a good one to sit back and wait for things to kick off in a big way.
    Maybe we can run a reverse with Hutchinson leading for Mann to score the winning TD.. now that would really tick off Holmgren
    ;D
    ;D ;D, that would be great.
    The play being setup by an interception thrown Burleson's way.
    lol never thought of that ... that would be sweet indeed
    ;D
    Problem with that theory: If the play was set up by a pick that was intended for Burleson, Hutch & Mann wouldn't be on the field. They are all offensive players.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"VikingNed" wrote:

Thats one thing I couldn't figure out myself, Carter had a hell of a camp and pre-season in my eyes, but there must be something we are either all missing or something the team and coaches aren't letting out, like a characature problem..

But it really all falls back to one thing for me, Childress and our other coaches, work with and see these guys on a daily basis, I will trust in them to do whats best for our team on any given issue...

Welcome to the team Mann........
    i had heard his drawing skills were still a little raw...

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

For sure Prophet, with all the going on's between our two clubs, this years game between our Viks and the Seachickens is going to be a hum dinger for sure.....
    I was think that myself..... could be a good one to sit back and wait for things to kick off in a big way.
    Maybe we can run a reverse with Hutchinson leading for Mann to score the winning TD.. now that would really tick off Holmgren
    ;D
    ;D ;D, that would be great.
    The play being setup by an interception thrown Burleson's way.
    lol never thought of that ... that would be sweet indeed
    ;D
    Problem with that theory: If the play was set up by a pick that was intended for Burleson, Hutch & Mann wouldn't be on the field. They are all offensive players.
    The theory holds.
    Burleson would get the pass intended for him picked and our offense would come on the field and run the play.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234