Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings sign Seahawks Maurice Mann

"V-Unit" wrote:
    The reason behind Childress' madness is that he hates rookies! Carter is getting snubbed.
    YUP! That's the reason Greg Blue played Monday!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I hope seattle doesn't go after carter just out of spite...
    I am going to assume that childress has made a good decision on mann.
    We need help, lets hope this will help.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Del Rio Guest

"Jviking" wrote:
    I hope seattle doesn't go after carter just out of spite...
    I am going to assume that childress has made a good decision on mann.
    We need help, lets hope this will help.
    I have a feeling if Seatlle snags him Childress wont lose any sleep. If he cared about keeping him enough to worry about losing him he would be on the roster.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

For sure Prophet, with all the going on's between our two clubs, this years game between our Viks and the Seachickens is going to be a hum dinger for sure.....
    I was think that myself..... could be a good one to sit back and wait for things to kick off in a big way.
    Maybe we can run a reverse with Hutchinson leading for Mann to score the winning TD.. now that would really tick off Holmgren
    ;D
    ;D ;D, that would be great.
    The play being setup by an interception thrown Burleson's way.
    Heh heh heh!!!

And then Lazarus runs onto the field and piddles on Holmgren's shoes on the sidelines!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Childress does have a problem with rookies playing offense, but doesnt with them playiong deffense. Wonder why. Is he afraid they will drop 2 catches they shouldnt have?

Del Rio Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Childress does have a problem with rookies playing offense, but doesnt with them playiong deffense. Wonder why. Is he afraid they will drop 2 catches they shouldnt have?
    And you adompted this fallacy from what?

Is your only proof for making this gigantic leap that Carter is on the practice team and Blue is second string?

Prophet Guest

Just a wild guess, but I'll go out on a limb and say Childress is putting the players that he thinks are the best available players onto the 53-man roster while considering the whole team's strangths and weaknesses based on the schemes they are playing.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Maurice Mann 6'1" 191lbs. 4.38 speed.
    Jason Carter
    5'11" 205 lbs. 4.52 speed.
    It doesn't seem like a lot of difference in height and speed. But in the NFL it's big.
    I like Catrer because he's a game day performer. He may not have the 40 speed but he gets open and catches the ball.His blocking may need a little work
    I'm quite intrigued by another receiver/returner as fast as Troy Williamson.
    I hope he works out. If not, he wont be here in three weeks.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    Just a wild guess, but I'll go out on a limb and say Childress is putting the players that he thinks are the best available players onto the 53-man roster while considering the whole team's strangths and weaknesses based on the schemes they are playing.
    Every day it gets worse. Sometimes you just have to cut the dead weight and push forward for the good of the clan. Just do like I do and get a log and set it on your desk. Talk to it daily, reason with it, argue with it..........it is fantastic practice.

Oh and your wrong. It is obvious he is biased, because he started a second string defensive guy when his starter was sitting because off of the field problems in a position that was hit by the injury bug (Tank Williams), and at the same time he sat a practice squad player who only had success against 2nd and 3rd string D's in pre-season. OBVIOUS bias.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:

Yeah that's it he hates offense rookies, maybe Jason Carter isn't good enough right now to make the team!
    He was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers in preseason and the coaches see him everyday if they thought he needed to be on the field he would be!
    But because he had success against 2nd, 3rd and 4th string DB's (some who aren't in the league anymore) he should make the team.

If or when the coaches decide to play Jason Carter is up to them, and thank God it isn't up to you! :

By the way CC the former Philly players on the team Artis Hicks and McMullen both played on Sunday and Hicks played well and McMullen had a key reception that kept a TD scoring drive alive!
    And the former Philly Coach Childress did great in his premier as Viking Headcoach and I see him being here for a long time! ;D ;D
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast