Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    First thing first....
    Thank you for the signing of Jennings. This team needed him badly.
    Who would have thought that all those talking about build through the draft...would be praising a big FA signing. Make no mistake 10 million a year is no chump change. This was a major investment. Spielmen gets a "good job now get back to work" from me. He still needs to finsih out this offseason. So far we are still a worst team than when we started this offseason. Anyone notice that we don't have a MLB

Things Spielman nneeds to do to win me over.
    1. Fix Allen's contact. Why is a Non-QB making elite QB money *facepalm* Cap killer!
    2. Solve the MLB problem we created. Please don't draft a LB high. Good Lbs can be had on the cheap. Their contacts are not growing at the same pace as other positions (minus the superstars)
    3. Don't rest on the Wrs we have. I plead with you. Do not think Simpson and Wright are our answer. Draft a prime WR and build this offense right. We don't have to be the Saints but if you haven't noticed, Atlanta who could be considered pass first just added a power RB. We Should be on the market for a 2nd WR to give defenses passing and rushing fits. Pass on first down.. rush on 3rd. Be a complete offense.

Extra credit....
    To get an A...Sign Karlos Dansby. Not a perfect Cover 2 Lb but is more than adequete in everything that he does. Smart,, rangey vet.

Basically, I am not ready to crown Spielmen a good Gm yet...He created the problems he is now trying to fix. I must admit so far...he is doing what I would do at GM minus...signing Brinkley and Trading Harvin for a future 1st next year.
    I certainly hope that is the next news i hear besides draft news. Jared is in his last year of his contract and his cap hit is 17 million and that needs to change.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Week one we will know if Ponder is the problem. Jennings is amazing at running the slant. We seemed to have serious problems last year. I claimed it was because the ball was behind and high instead of infront of the WR. Many blamed our WRs as being incapable of beating their mena t it. We now have the best in the business at it. Hands down...no one runs an inside slant better than Jennings.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Now for the next question- any takers on what Singer finds to bitch about with this signing?
    LOL, this coming from a guy who didn't want Jennings here in the 1st place?.

WE should be asking what YOU will find to bitch about with this signing. After all, I wanted him here, you didn't. Did you forget what you posted just yesterday about Jennings visiting?

Well, considering he is the one guy I DIDN'T want them to sign, I imagine it is as sure as can be that they will.
    Yup, Jennings is the one guy you didn't want the Vikings to sign, but now that they did you're pretending like you wanted him all along and trying to say I didn't. LOL!
    I think I am the only one who can say I wanted him all along lol

digital420 is online now Team Alumni
    from the fist min/gb game dad was telling me.. Jennings will be a viking next year. he knew it back then.. and he said it over and over again. when we beat gb, he said watch jennings.. he'll be with us.. when we lost in the playoffs to gb, dad said.. "look @ jennings.. he's eyeing our sidelines.. he knows he's coming here"

when we traded percy.. dad said.. well there's the window for Jennings..

for me? it's a great pick. we get a solid WR, one who knows the game, can teach the younger ones, and can rreally put the ! on ponder.. Cassell pick up.. well i think it's a better insurance blanket then webb.. but I don't seem him taking over the #1..

in another thread i'll go over the QB circle.. but for now.. we need 1 or 2 more WR's to push in camp. maybe make the roster.

so far rick.. good work. keep it up.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Excellent signing by the Vikings! Definitely takes the sting out of losing Percy Harvin. Let's see, Jennings + 1st round pick + 2014 3rd round pick + 7th round pick for Harvin? I'll make that deal any day of the week!

I agree we are still one #2 WR short. Not confident in Simpson, Wright is more of a #3/slot guy. Could use a legitimate deep threat, but I'll take anyone that can get any separation and catch the ball. Don't know if the Vikings need to spend a 1st round pick on WR now, but definitely one in their first four picks.

I have more faith in Ponder than a lot of you do, or at least am willing to give him quite a bit of rope. He did improve last season despite some rough patches. Let's hope the addition of Jennings helps further that development.

Here's a nice little Jennings highlight reel, from 2010-11, I believe

Greg Jennings - Be Great - YouTube
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    This is great because I had a 2nd round grade on most of the top receivers. So we can use out 2 first rounders on BPA and get a slip like Robert Woods or Justin Hunter / Steadman Bailey in the 2nd.
    Just as a point of discussion, what round grade did Jennings have prior to the draft and what round was he drafted in?
    He was drafted in the 2nd. Not sure what he was graded.

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    This is great because I had a 2nd round grade on most of the top receivers. So we can use out 2 first rounders on BPA and get a slip like Robert Woods or Justin Hunter / Steadman Bailey in the 2nd.
    Just as a point of discussion, what round grade did Jennings have prior to the draft and what round was he drafted in?
    He was drafted in the 2nd. Not sure what he was graded.
    Projected 2nd round.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Like.

Now make Webb a receiver and we got a wrap.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    I am going with a problem about the percentage of passes caught from some distance relative to the line of scrimmage.
    Bingo!!!!! LMFAO or " why do we need Jennings when Ponder only throws 15 yard passes and less"

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I think I am the only one who can say I wanted him all along lol
    Trust me mars, you weren't the only one who wanted Jennings to be picked up.....This is awesome signing...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast