Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Also getting the distinct feeling that many pack fans are butt-hurt. I love that.
    Yup, Even Donald Driver knows it lol

Donald Driver ‏@Donald_Driver80
    To every packer fan out there, before you tweet something crazy. Think about what you are saying. THINK!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Now for the next question- any takers on what Singer finds to bitch about with this signing?

Singer never had a problem with us signing Jennings. IMO, Jennings was the better WR to sign over Wallace, who several here were pining for.

You want to find someone not happy with this signing, check with Marrdro, then look in the mirror.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-15-2013 at 11:41 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    he's a packer
    too much money
    too old
    injury prone
    too small
    anything else?

Nope, those are things PF & Marrdro usually bitch about. If anything we still need a tall WR. We aren't set at WR yet.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I am going to go with his age being the first thing. second thing will be overpaid.
    Nope WRONG AGAIN! Those are cookie cutter PF type responses. See the Winfield cut thread. Then see any Harvin thread. You'll see who's bitching about age and paying players too much money.

I am going with a problem about the percentage of passes caught from some distance relative to the line of scrimmage.
    Nope, not the receivers fault that our QB can't accurately throw the ball consistently farther down the field..

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Nope, those are things PF & Marrdro usually bitch about. If anything we still need a tall WR. We aren't set at WR by any stretch of the imagination.
    Indeed. One receiver can be doubled. Hopefully they get that tall receiver early in the draft.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Seriously, how can anyone not like and respect Greg Jennings? I just watched all the videos on his signing, and have been following him on Twitter since the end of the season. He is a humble, respectful, low key family guy that is absolutely stoked to be a Viking.

Now I know his contract had a lot to do with that being stoked, but the guy is just exactly the definition of a team player. The exact opposite of Percy Harvin. On a side note, the Packer fans are showing exactly why they are a fucking disgrace to the NFL. I always hated before a Packer home game when the announcers said the Green Bay has the best fans, how in the fuck would they know? They watch games in a fucking booth and don't interact with fans.

Do these announcers see when a GB fan takes the hat off a young Viking fan and pours beer on it then throws it into the crowd? No. Do they see when a drunken inbred Packer fan starts a fight with a Viking fan when they have the courage from the alcohol and no damn well they wouldn't start the fight on the street if sober? No.

Jennings twitter page is being blown up with hate from the same "fans" that have followed and supposedly supported him for the past 7 years. Read the comments on PFT. All these so called fans that a week ago said that Jennings is to classy to sign with the Vikings, and that he will come back to GB and put up great numbers, are now saying he is washed up, and that they hope he has a horrible season.

I also love how Jennings said he was ready for a change. He put his house here in GB up for sale like a month ago already. He was ready to move on. He switched his number to #15 now instead of #85. Said with this change comes the change to a different number. He said we (viking fans) don't have to hate him anymore, he is apart of our family now, but said go ahead and hate them (packers). What is not to like? Also, this is all coming from a Viking fan living right in the heart of Packer Country (Green Bay). I live 10 minutes from Lambeau Field (went by it twice tonight) from my office windown at work, I can see Lambeau Field, the company that I work for has done extensive work on the renovations of Lambeau Field. Yes, so I would know how these fans are here. If a guy plays for them, he is the best player in the league, he is beloved, and classy. The minute he is gone, he is a washed up has been that sucks and they hope his career ends. I guarantee you in these parts, I will hear on more than one occasion that someone wished Jennings would get injured next season and have his career end.

Welcome to Minnesota Greg, hope we kick the Packers asses.

Now for the next question- any takers on what Singer finds to bitch about with this signing?
    LOL, this coming from a guy who didn't want Jennings here in the 1st place?.

WE should be asking what YOU will find to bitch about with this signing. After all, I wanted him here, you didn't. Did you forget what you posted just yesterday about Jennings visiting?

Well, considering he is the one guy I DIDN'T want them to sign, I imagine it is as sure as can be that they will.
    Yup, Jennings is the one guy you didn't want the Vikings to sign, but now that they did you're pretending like you wanted him all along and trying to say I didn't. LOL!
    Last edited by singersp; 03-15-2013 at 11:32 PM.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    First thing first....
    Thank you for the signing of Jennings. This team needed him badly.
    Who would have thought that all those talking about build through the draft...would be praising a big FA signing. Make no mistake 10 million a year is no chump change. This was a major investment. Spielmen gets a "good job now get back to work" from me. He still needs to finsih out this offseason. So far we are still a worst team than when we started this offseason. Anyone notice that we don't have a MLB

Things Spielman nneeds to do to win me over.
    1. Fix Allen's contact. Why is a Non-QB making elite QB money *facepalm* Cap killer!
    2. Solve the MLB problem we created. Please don't draft a LB high. Good Lbs can be had on the cheap. Their contacts are not growing at the same pace as other positions (minus the superstars)
    3. Don't rest on the Wrs we have. I plead with you. Do not think Simpson and Wright are our answer. Draft a prime WR and build this offense right. We don't have to be the Saints but if you haven't noticed, Atlanta who could be considered pass first just added a power RB. We Should be on the market for a 2nd WR to give defenses passing and rushing fits. Pass on first down.. rush on 3rd. Be a complete offense.

Extra credit....
    To get an A...Sign Karlos Dansby. Not a perfect Cover 2 Lb but is more than adequete in everything that he does. Smart,, rangey vet.

Basically, I am not ready to crown Spielmen a good Gm yet...He created the problems he is now trying to fix. I must admit so far...he is doing what I would do at GM minus...signing Brinkley and Trading Harvin for a future 1st next year.

poisoning16 is offline Rookie
    Good pickup for you guys. It gives Ponder an established vet WR while they develop the young guys. They now have Wright in the slot who they are high on, and I assume the Vikes will take a WR with one of their 2 1st round picks. Jennings will help hold things down until one of the other guys is ready to take over

I'll miss the guy. He was a great player here and an even better team mate. Funny guy to. I figured he wasn't gonna be back in GB once the season ended. Just came down to a numbers game and he was lower on the list, especially with the quality depth they have at WR. Writing was on the wall throughout the season when Cobb was breaking out. I'll have to boo the guy now, but I'm happy he got paid. He earned it and he'll do well in Minny

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast