Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Let's just say that for shits and giggles we draft Keenan Allen. We will have Jennings who can play anywhere and get separation, and take one to the house at anytime. We would have Allen on the other side that is taller, good hands, and speed. Wright in the slot that can take it to the house anytime, plus Rudy as a huge target with great hands. Simpson then can take his rightful spot as a 4th WR.

Ponder, you are hear-by on notice. If you play next year like you have the previous couple years, you should be pulled and Cassel should be the starter until he proves otherwise. The window of opportunity is closing quickly with Williams (if he is still around, could be a cap casualty now with Jennings signing) and Allen getting "up there" as far as pro athletes age goes, and AD needs to have a supporting cast to get the greatest RB ever a SB.

I guess 9.5 mil a year is not bad, guess I don't know the full details of the deal just yet. I was saying anything between 7-9 mil a year. If they didn't pay him like this, he would have just taken the deal back to GB and said get close to this and I will come back. He is a smart guy, he will be the #1 WR here which someone of his standards wants to be (he would have been the #4 WR in GB and weeded out like Driver) he also used everything to his advantage to get more money which is what he should have done, he does have a family to take care. Nice job overall, a solid pickup. Now go out and draft a stud WR and lets get this shit going.

For me this kind of has that feeling of having Roddy White (Jennings) then going out and drafting a stud WR like Jones (Allen, though no WR in this draft is as good as Jones and we won't have to give up the farm to get our stud WR)

Except we don't have a Matt Ryan throwing them the ball. Oh well, I guess I was just excited there for a minute.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Jennings was giddy when he was talking about playing with Peterson. You guys remember after the last game of the season against the packers when Jennings came up before anyone and congratulated him? I bet he told him he would see him soon.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I'm delighted to take a high quality WR in free agency and preserve both first round picks, which should result in two more starters; at least one being a WR.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    This is great because I had a 2nd round grade on most of the top receivers. So we can use out 2 first rounders on BPA and get a slip like Robert Woods or Justin Hunter / Steadman Bailey in the 2nd.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

I'm gettin the growing vibe that Spielman KNOWS HOW TO RUN SHIT. I didn't want Jennings. I didn't. I wanted Amendola. Why? Well, just cause. He seemed solid. Dependable. A journeyman. Folks were buggin the Eff out the last day or two because of Spielmans moves, or "lack thereof." Looks to me like he's addressing the teams needs, got extra picks, and looks kinda like he knows his job. Thinking about what Jennings may do for AP and vice-versa. Someone may be one-on-one alot, and maybe AP doesn't have a stacked box all the time. The offense just got a little less one dimensional. With Rudolph and that freaky dude named Blaire, this team could go deeper. It could. Nice.
    Tuco the world.....

Also getting the distinct feeling that many pack fans are butt-hurt. I love that.
    Tuco the world.....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    This is great because I had a 2nd round grade on most of the top receivers. So we can use out 2 first rounders on BPA and get a slip like Robert Woods or Justin Hunter / Steadman Bailey in the 2nd.
    Just as a point of discussion, what round grade did Jennings have prior to the draft and what round was he drafted in?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I'm delighted to take a high quality WR in free agency and preserve both first round picks, which should result in two more starters; at least one being a WR.
    yep. And took a weapon from the enemy.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast