Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Maybe he should have taken this past season to agressively resign Loadholt. UNder Chilly's regime, we didn't let talent get to FAs. Chilly didn't do everythign right but he did that right. Once in FAs the price gets driven up. We reportedly would not give load more than 5. Then we almost lost him to the Bears(driving the price up) and ended tossing more than 5 at him. That's my issue with this new FO. They make great moves but fuck up the simple shit.

DOn't say it's was because of Load an his agent because I'm not sure if you have noticed...we did resigned anyone during the season.
    I think you grossly underestimate the simple shit.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Maybe he should have taken this past season to agressively resign Loadholt. UNder Chilly's regime, we didn't let talent get to FAs. Chilly didn't do everythign right but he did that right. Once in FAs the price gets driven up. We reportedly would not give load more than 5. Then we almost lost him to the Bears(driving the price up) and ended tossing more than 5 at him. That's my issue with this new FO. They make great moves but fuck up the simple shit.

DOn't say it's was because of Load an his agent because I'm not sure if you have noticed...we did resigned anyone during the season.
    Under Chilly's regime we brought in a shit ton of FA's and his ass got canned before their contracts came up.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Most talent is in the first round. Very hard to find that type of player in the 7th.
    *prepares for the "But Colston" posts.
    Did you prepare for the "there are 160 players picked from round 2 through round 6"? Hell, Jennings is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he was a mid-late second round player.

Many busts are found in the first round too.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I'll be watching during the season to see who pisses in your cereal.
    Just mention putting a retractable roof over the dome or electronic pull tabs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Both Smith and Vollmer are looking for more money, both weren't tagged by their past teams and the Pats have offered Vollmer 7 mill and he didn't take it so my simple question is would you give up Jennings and his contract to have one of these guys and then go shopping for a receiver using Loadholt's dollar value cause with the cap that is pretty much what would have to be done or you'd have to cut another veteran to free up the space to have both.
    If that's the case, we wouldn't need to go receiver shopping using Loadholt's dollar value in order to keep Jennings. We'd just keep Jenning's using Loadholt's dollar cap hit. Jennings cap hit in 2013 is only $5 million, Loadholt's is $4.65 mil. There's only $350,000 difference in 2013 between the two.

Besides, restructuring JA's and/or K-Will's contracts could & would free up additional cap space.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    1: I like the Jennings signing...not thrilled about the pay out as I'm not certain he can carry the WR corps, but he's a solid talent, and appears to be a very team oriented guy. Look forward to seeing him in action in good colors for a change....

2: I still think the WR corps needs help. We need a second legit target. Hopefully we can find one in the draft.

3: Not hating Spielman. Not 100% sold on him, but getting closer all the time.

4: Ponder....clock is ticking. The excuse-o-meter has burned out, and I doubt that Cassell is content at this point in his career to be a clipboard holder. I could see a change being made early on if Ponder struggles again.

Caine

I'm gonna steal a line from Brother Devon here.

Oh my brother, Testify.

Spielman has done some good things, and he has done some bad things. No doubt the WR crew still needs work, a stud rookie would do the trick for me. You need more than just Jennings to put a flame under the asses of this passing offense. It's definitely looking up though with Jennings being added to the crew.

We need a lot of help on defense IMO. Our secondary is weak with the exception of Smith, and as it sits right now, our LB crew has one solid player on it, and that is, you guessed it, Greenway. Our DL is not nearly as strong as it once was, and that is the focal point of our defense, putting pressure on the QB.

Ponder is in his make it or break it year. He should have the players around him to make plays. If we get a stud WR in the draft, he will have absolutely no excuses with poor play. Its time to man up, or shut the hell up for him. He is either our franchise QB, or its time to move on. You don't get drafted in the first round 12th overall and get 4 f'n years to to see what you got, sorry.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Jennings took out a full page ad in the sconny newspaper today thanking the cheesed!ck fans today. I hate ex packers, ugh.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Jennings took out a full page ad in the sconny newspaper today thanking the cheesed!ck fans today. I hate ex packers, ugh.
    The guy is classy all the way though, I am sure he would do it here if he played the entire 5 years and then left us. The GB fans didn't deserve that ad though, and I said as much on his Twitter page. They loved the guy for 7 years and said he was to classy to come and play for Minnesota, then when he signed here, he and his wife got blasted on Twitter. People calling him names, saying they were un-following him now, and let mean comments on his wife's page. GB fans are the most idiotic and pathetic fans in football, and I should know, I live in Green Bay, and all of my buddies are GB fans

All I know is I am going to love it when Jennings scores that first TD against the Packqueers in the Dome and the fans erupt, and when he scores that first one at Lameblow and their fans boo the hell out of him. I can just see the huge smile on his face after that happens.

aaronitout is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    The guy is classy all the way though, I am sure he would do it here if he played the entire 5 years and then left us. The GB fans didn't deserve that ad though, and I said as much on his Twitter page. They loved the guy for 7 years and said he was to classy to come and play for Minnesota, then when he signed here, he and his wife got blasted on Twitter. People calling him names, saying they were un-following him now, and let mean comments on his wife's page. GB fans are the most idiotic and pathetic fans in football, and I should know, I live in Green Bay, and all of my buddies are GB fans

All I know is I am going to love it when Jennings scores that first TD against the Packqueers in the Dome and the fans erupt, and when he scores that first one at Lameblow and their fans boo the hell out of him. I can just see the huge smile on his face after that happens.
    Lol, yeeeaaa. Packer fans are soo pathetic that they are constantly regarded as some of the greatest fans in Pro sports. They sell out every game and never seem to have ANY trouble following the team on the road, can you say the same?

I cant wait to see how Greg does without a HOF QB throwing to him, hes still going to be a good WR, but does Ponder have the talent to make the most out of him? we will see.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronitout View Post
    Lol, yeeeaaa. Packer fans are soo pathetic that they are constantly regarded as some of the greatest fans in Pro sports. They sell out every game and never seem to have ANY trouble following the team on the road, can you say the same?

I cant wait to see how Greg does without a HOF QB throwing to him, hes still going to be a good WR, but does Ponder have the talent to make the most out of him? we will see.
    Rodgers is in the HOF? I didn't even see his name on the list.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast