Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Who?

I don't think anyone feels that we are "set" and don't need to make any more moves this offseason, either in the draft or in FA. AFAIK, nobody has ever said that we can now ignore the WR position.

I believe most people feel that we are making some great strides, and have done as much or more than expected at this point in the offseason. I think we have a better base WR corps right now than we did at the end of the season, and we still have the time, money, and draft picks to continue to improve it.

For you and kevon and anyone else who seems to be so upset with the direction we are going, exactly what else would you like to see the Vikings do?
    Nordak,
    As I said, I am not upset in the direction we are going. In fact I have predicted everything that has happened as it goes with Harvin and Jennings. What I was talking about was people saying was no need to address WR before the 3rd round now. Don't get me wrong, LB has become a a problem area. But We need to adress WR in our top 3 picks. I have been demanding a top WR draft for 3 years now and it took this season of being absolutly pathetic to bring it to the front.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Who?

I don't think anyone feels that we are "set" and don't need to make any more moves this offseason, either in the draft or in FA. AFAIK, nobody has ever said that we can now ignore the WR position.

I believe most people feel that we are making some great strides, and have done as much or more than expected at this point in the offseason. I think we have a better base WR corps right now than we did at the end of the season, and we still have the time, money, and draft picks to continue to improve it.

For you and kevon and anyone else who seems to be so upset with the direction we are going, exactly what else would you like to see the Vikings do?
    Someone pizzed in his wheaties again.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Nordak,
    As I said, I am not upset in the direction we are going. In fact I have predicted everything that has happened as it goes with Harvin and Jennings. What I was talking about was people saying was no need to address WR before the 3rd round now. Don't get me wrong, LB has become a a problem area. But We need to adress WR in our top 3 picks. I have been demanding a top WR draft for 3 years now and it took this season of being absolutly pathetic to bring it to the front.
    Hop off the overreaction train though.

"People" aren't saying that there was no need to address WR before the 3rd round. ONE person said that they would be happy if we waited for the right WR in the second, and would be "fine" if we waited until the third. Nobody is advocating we wait until round 3.

By far and away, the majority of the people here expect and want the Vikings to address WR in the first two rounds. Now there can be some healthy debate as to whether we move up or wait, but all in all I think everyone is expecting us to have a new WR before the second round is over.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Nordak,
    AMEN to that!!.. I have been clamoring for the same thing... I hope we do go WR, DT, LB, WR with our first 4 picks... in any order except for 1 wr in the first. We also need a corner now that they cut Winfield

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Scout.com: Favre, others helped convince Jennings

Having played with arguably the best quarterbacks in the league with both Favre and Rodgers, he sees some similarities in the point in his career that Christian Ponder is to where Rodgers was after Favre was shipped off to the Jets. He said the Vikings did an impressive selling job with their highlight film of Ponder, but it served its purpose. Jennings came away from the film study impressed with what he saw.

“I was able to see him make all throws,” Jennings said. “He has a very strong arm. He can move within the pocket. If there’s one thing I would say, he probably, as every young quarterback, can work on accuracy outside the pocket. But that will come. To his credit, he had every right to be frustrated with the pieces that were around him – no disrespect with Percy (Harvin) going down and him having a young group of guys around him. He had every right to be a little
    he Vikings organization.

“Mr. Spielman, Coach Frazier and the Wilf family, they were more in tune to me playing in this color and with this organization than Green Bay was,” Jennings said. “The decision was made and I’m excited about it and, even more so than me being excited about it, my family is excited about it. That always makes it easy.”

Asked what impressed him most about the Vikings and convinced him to make the jump from the team he won a Super Bowl with, Jennings said the marked improvement the Vikings made with a young group of players was a motivating factor. Just as the Packers won the Super Bowl with a young QB coming off a double-digit loss season, Jennings was impressed with the strides the Vikings made last season with a young team – going from 3-13 to 10-6
    Not to mention that Favre was his main advisor on making the jump. Very entertaining stuff I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Someone pizzed in his wheaties again.
    I'll be watching during the season to see who pisses in your cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    AMEN to that!!.. I have been clamoring for the same thing... I hope we do go WR, DT, LB, WR with our first 4 picks... in any order except for 1 wr in the first. We also need a corner now that they cut Winfield
    I would love to be able to trade back with our 2nd pick. My problem is I can't decide on a WR to take. No one has been given the #1 ranking and I have fallen in love with almost all of them.
    The hustle and ball atacking of Allen. The videogame moves of Patterson and Austin. The build and jumping ability of Hunter. The route running of Woods.......

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I would love to be able to trade back with our 2nd pick. My problem is I can't decide on a WR to take. No one has been given the #1 ranking and I have fallen in love with almost all of them.
    The hustle and ball atacking of Allen. The videogame moves of Patterson and Austin. The build and jumping ability of Hunter. The route running of Woods.......
    I agree with your assessment of the available WRs in this draft. Allen is my #1, but the rest are all lumped together for a close second. If we land any one of those WRs I will be excited.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    1: I like the Jennings signing...not thrilled about the pay out as I'm not certain he can carry the WR corps, but he's a solid talent, and appears to be a very team oriented guy. Look forward to seeing him in action in good colors for a change....

2: I still think the WR corps needs help. We need a second legit target. Hopefully we can find one in the draft.

3: Not hating Spielman. Not 100% sold on him, but getting closer all the time.

4: Ponder....clock is ticking. The excuse-o-meter has burned out, and I doubt that Cassell is content at this point in his career to be a clipboard holder. I could see a change being made early on if Ponder struggles again.

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'll be watching during the season to see who pisses in your cereal.

Oh, the time will come.

This is just of me trying to be a kinder, gentler PF. I could revert at any time if the rubes think I need to.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast