Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I agree with with most everything you say here with the exception of Wright, I think this kid is going to be really good for this offense. With that said, I have been saying all along that we have to get more weapons. If the Vikings don't spend one of their 1st rd picks on a stud WR, then they are very stupid. You can never have enough weapons on offense, NEVER. GB is the poster child for that, if they only had 2 WR's last year and Jennings went down like he did, they don't win the division and make the playoffs IMO. When Nelson went down with the injury, they would have been screwed.

If a receiver goes down in GB, there are usually 2 guys waiting in the wings to produce. They have been like that for a long time and the Vikings should learn from that. If they go with Jennings, Simpson, and Wright next year and Jennings gets hurt, they are screwed, end of story. Yes they need help at several other positions, but its nice that we have 2 1st rd picks to address this. Not sure which WR/WR's will be availabe in the 2nd when we pick at #52, so get one while you have the chance and make our offense solid for the next few years at least.
    You agree, even though the team picked up Jennings, that this season will produce "three wins.?" You agree with that?
    Tuco the world.....

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Kevoncox, I disagree with you. Due to awesome TE play, Peterson, and Percy's contributions, when he played, the vikes still won games. Adding a proven leader, dumping a troublemaker, and adding talent at the wr position thru the draft equals a three win season? With AP still doing his thing? Is that what you are saying? ill take that bet all day and twice on sunday. What is wrong with you? Lets see, you wanted the Vikes to pay Wallace whatever, get Cruz, sign Welker, and then, what? And with what money? I would have been happy with amendola, but the team picked up Jennings, and you still bitch. You just predicted a three win season. Laughable. Why? F*ck it doesn't matter. LOL. I'll exchange "comical," for "Laughable.' I say the team got better, and through the draft, will continue on that course. Three wins? Ok.
    Perharps you didn't read my comment. It was about the notion that this offense is fine as is. It isn't. The same offense you named...had 3 wins one season ago. Is it possible. Damn right. I pointed out that our win total was a direct result of Peterson putting the team, city and the local girl scout troop on his back and carrying us offensively. We need another WR. I believe we will win more than 3 games next season if we stand still right now....However, I would have bet that in 2011 we would have won more than 3 games as well. Get it! We need 1 more talanted WR out of this draft. Not a fourth rounder missing talent. Not a 3rd rounder that isn't pro ready and may never be. We need a talented WR that will grow into a feared force. This offense can take the next step and be respectable. Right now it isn't Teams don't give a damn about our passing game and dared us to beat them thru the air...which we couldn't Petersons till had to bail us out by breaking thru fronts akin to the Greek's attack on Troy.

Well said. Not sure where some folks are still pissed, predicting "A 3 win season." Which of course, I think is an idiotic statement.
    Harvin, AD and Rudolph = 3 wins in 2011
    So it isn't so idiotic after all

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If GB would ever build their OL and draft a RB that has talent and then would keep that RB around they wouldn't need 67 WR's on the roster every year and Rodgers might not take the number of hits he has been taking. Yeah, they made a great wild card run a few years back but in the end you need to be able to run the ball in the cold and in the playoffs against the elite teams as well as pass and you can see what happens when you sacrifice defense at the expense of that stable of WR's by how they did in the playoffs the last 2 years. It wasn't because he didn't have enough weapons to throw to.
    You just made my point... Balance. It takes balance and any team that depends on one form of offense ( READ VIKINGS, VIKINGS, VIKINGS) is doomed to be beaten. That's all I have stating been hollering at you for months...but you keep stating your montra... that all we need is Simpson.

Oh good lord chicken little, the sky is not falling. Take away the QB and look at the skill position and we have more talent than 80% of the league. What team has more talent at RB than we do? Gerhart could start on a lot of teams, Peterson could probably start on almost any team in the history of the NFL and the FB was in the pro bowl. We have a young, talented TE that lit up the Pro Bowl, we just signed the WR everyone wanted, we have a young guy in his second season that looked like he was developing nicely at the end of the year, we redid Carlson's contract to reduce his cap hit and Simpson, well, I don't know if he will pan out but all I can do is hope the FO knows how he is developing. I will say of he is not panning out that I would like a guy to replace him. But if the light is going to go off in his head then you are absolutely unrealistic about how to build a team to be a success over time. Signing a shit ton of FA WR's and using all our high draft picks on more to add to the stable isn't going to give us a team that is balanced and ready to compete over time. Dumb teams build that way and their fans are happy for about 3 mos until reality bitch slaps them in the face.
    Please point to a post where I wanted us to sign a shit load of WRs. Anyone. Please take your time. Have I ever brought us cruz? Have I ever brought up Wallace. The only WR I ever said we should sign is Jennings and to trade Harvin for a future #1. Funny thing is... its actually happened ( this was about 2 months ago). I do propose that we draft 2 WRs in this draft. Had we not bring in Jennings...would have liked us to draft 3. The belief that a team

Toby Gerhart - 50 carries 169 yards. What good is a weapon that doesn't see the field.
    We were dead last in P yards/game. Some of that was Peterson's run. Other parts of that was the fact that our Passing game can be covered by my the zombies from The Walking Dead. If you don't realize that Peterson is 28 next season and I believe that will give us 4 more MVP years from him follow by a couple of good season... the window is starting to shut and we have to line up a team to compete. Newly sign Jennings is 30 as an effective WR he has 4 years left. The offense needs to be addressed soon. If ponder becomes the next Drew Brees in 2 years, his contract along with Peterson's, Jennings, Rudolphs new, will make resigning a player like Khalil at LT almost impossible. We have to draft... not and draft smartly, we can't wait anymore season figuring out what all the good teams know...

QB + RB + WRs + OL = good offense = title run (ignoring defenses contribution for a sec.)

Manning + Harrison + E. James + Saturday = Playoffs
    Brees + Colston + Thomas + OL = Playoffs
    Ryan + Jones + Turner + OL = Playoffs
    Eli + Bradshaw + Cruz + Ol = Playoffs

Its not that hard but seeing that you and the FO can't seem to grasp it, maybe it is.

If GB would ever build their OL and draft a RB that has talent and then would keep that RB around they wouldn't need 67 WR's on the roster every year and Rodgers might not take the number of hits he has been taking. Yeah, they made a great wild card run a few years back but in the end you need to be able to run the ball in the cold and in the playoffs against the elite teams as well as pass and you can see what happens when you sacrifice defense at the expense of that stable of WR's by how they did in the playoffs the last 2 years. It wasn't because he didn't have enough weapons to throw to.
    Greenbay's issue is the inverse of ours. They refuse to address the RB positon as they should. I can't blame them as there hasn't been a plethora of franchise RBs in each draft. However, ignoring 1 side of the offense is stupid for anyone to do. However, they are routinly making the playoffs while we are struggling to do so each year. I think we should not throw rocks in our glass house neighboorhood. I like how you dismiss their Superbowl winning season as a "wildcard run". You live in your own universe! Take off the purple shades for a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Harvin, AD and Rudolph = 3 wins in 2011
    So it isn't so idiotic after all
    So Harvin, AD, Rudolph, Jennings, Draft picks, and an improving Ponder goes from 10 wins to 3? Ok. Ill take that bet. Like I said. Any day. What was the catalyst to add 7 wins the following season? Just AP? No Blair? You rant about Wr's and the team goes and gets one, and that equals a "three win season." Ok. Just so we are clear, adding Jennings, cutting Harvin, and any possible WR draft pick or picks will equal a net 7 game loss next season? That's what you said. I READ YOUR POST. You said it. Is it, a three win season possible? That is the nature of chance/injuries. You, however, are wrong. We'll revisit this conversation once the fourth win comes in, Kevin. The business doesnt let a team pick up every FA out there and also get every #1 draft pick. It's a slow amalgamation of both and I think Spielman is at least turning in the right direction. And don't make a statement, and then back/slink away from it. "If Peterson goes back to being his regular...superhuman self (1400 yards 13 tds), we win 3 games." Because you don't like the way Spielman hit the Free Agency? That's why "we win 3 games?" The team has improved way beyond that.
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-17-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

So Harvin, AD, Rudolph, Jennings, Draft picks, and an improving Ponder goes from 10 wins to 3? Ok. Ill take that bet. Like I said. Any day.
    Harvin is not on our team.

Farve, Rice, Harvin, AD, Draft picks...went from 12 wins to 6.
    Harvin AD, Rudolph went from 6 wins to 3.

My point again is... we had these same players and got 3 wins.
    Don't say its impossible. We need better offense.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Harvin is not on our team.

Farve, Rice, Harvin, AD, Draft picks...went from 12 wins to 6.
    Harvin AD, Rudolph went from 6 wins to 3.

My point again is... we had these same players and got 3 wins.
    Don't say its impossible. We need better offense.
    I know I fucked up puttin that in there, earlier i'd said "Adding a proven leader, dumping a troublemaker, (Harvin) and adding talent at the wr position thru the draft equals a three win season? I meant to say with Harvin gone. Believe it or not. Still, I don't understand how you feel the team got so much worse...not tracking at all. Don't understand it. I think the team will win at least 9 games. If the qb position implodes, maybe 7. still, three wins? You know AP can win at least 5 all by himself. In any case, I am happy with this off-season. I am. We'll see where it goes from here on out. Draft day will be fun
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Tuco the world.....

I know I fucked up puttin that in there, earlier i'd said "Adding a proven leader, dumping a troublemaker, (Harvin) and adding talent at the wr position thru the draft equals a three win season? I meant to say with Harvin gone. Believe it or not. Still, I don't understand how you feel the team got so much worse...not tracking at all. Don't understand it. I think the team will win at least 9 games. If the qb position implodes, maybe 7. still, three wins? You know AP can win at least 5 all by himself. In any case, I am happy with this off-season. I am. We'll see where it goes from here on out. Draft day will be fun
    I don't think we are worst.
    I realize however that last year was a special year by a special player. Not the norm.
    God forbid...whats happens if we lose Peterson week 5? Take AD away and we are not winning many games. However, good offensive teams can take away a key player and still look impressive. Take away Gore from the 49ers and their offense still looks capable of winning games. We would have no chance without Peterson. That is what we should be trying to fix.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast