Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 293
  1. #141
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    The Vikings are pillaging from the Pack in true Viking nature!!! The Vikings win in two ways. They get the veteran WR that has been missing for years and Jennings had the best stats vs. the Vikings for his career. win win!!!!
    Thing is if we win a SB with Jennings, the Cheesedicks will quickly state that we never would have won it without one of "their players".

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #142
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,734
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Thing is if we win a SB with Jennings, the Cheesedicks will quickly state that we never would have won it without one of "their players".
    And this would bother you???

  3. #143
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I totally agree with you. Harvin did everything and anything the team asked him to do, so how on earth can you say he was all about me? After his press conference with the seahawks he was on live on nfl total access and the host asked Harvin two questions. The first question was about his argument with coach Frazier, and the second question was about the quarterback situation. Harvin only answered the first question.

    Ponder does not have the arm to be a top notch nfl quarterback. And Harvin knew it.

    But anyways we got Jennings for cheaper and some nice picks out of the deal.
    I don't think Harvin is the only one thinking that Ponder does not have the arm to be a top notch nfl quarterback.

    I don't believe Harvin was a me first player either. He was telling Frazier that receivers were getting open & Ponder wasn't throwing to them. He wasn't referring to just himself & the game tapes showed it as well. Yes he wanted to be paid, but what talented player doesn't?

    I'm glad we got Jennings, but who here will be the first to say he didn't sign for the money, but rather that he felt Ponder could lead him to another SB before Rodgers could.

    Is signing elsewhere for more money sound like a "team first" attitude?

    Thing is with Harvin, with his loss of confidence in our QB, that pretty much breaks any trust he & Ponder might have had & forces Spielman to trade one or the other & Spielman has latched on to Ponder the same way he latched on to Feeley. Result: Harvin traded.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #144
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think Harvin is the only one thinking that Ponder does not have the arm to be a top notch nfl quarterback.

    I don't believe Harvin was a me first player either. He was telling Frazier that receivers were getting open & Ponder wasn't throwing to them. He wasn't referring to just himself & the game tapes showed it as well. Yes he wanted to be paid, but what talented player doesn't?

    I'm glad we got Jennings, but who here will be the first to say he didn't sign for the money, but rather that he felt Ponder could lead him to another SB before Rodgers could.

    Is signing elsewhere for more money sound like a "team first" attitude?

    Thing is with Harvin, with his loss of confidence in our QB, that pretty much breaks any trust he & Ponder might have had & forces Spielman to trade one or the other & Spielman has latched on to Ponder the same way he latched on to Feeley. Result: Harvin traded.
    So are you saying that Spielman's reach for Ponder was a move that could negate all of his good moves in free agency and the draft ?
    I think that is exactly what most Vikings fans fear most.
    Personally, I have never understood the reach when they knew a much better quarterback draft class was coming in the following year.
    They ended up aquiring McNabb as a place holder anyway.
    Chosing Ponder could bring down Spielman and Frazier. I hope Ponder improves like they think he will. Most of us are skeptical.

  5. #145
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    How many times will we see a 2 TE formation when Rudolph has great hands and if we draft a stud WR? Also, Felton won't be on the field every snap.

    Well, You may be right but if you are then I would say they would be totally redrawing the offense to do it because last year we basically ran with 2 TE's or a fullback a majority of the time and we still have all of those players on the squad. To me that is an indication we will see more of it and not so many 1 back, 3-4 WR sets. And factoring in the QB I would say I am pretty confident It won't deviate dramatically from what we saw.

    Our offense can function perfectly fine provided Simpson can get his shit together this year, integrate into the scheme and be the deep threat and hopefully by giving him the extension they know something about his development that we don't. If it is the case that he is going to step up and be that guy, this is the offense.




    Jennings Kalil Johnson Sully Fusco Load Rudolph Simpson
    (Wright,Carlson)
    Ponder
    Felton
    Peterson
    (Gerhart)

    There is enough talent there to get the job done. Yeah, it's always great to have more, but then you limit touches and guys get down because they are not as involved.

    At any rate, I don't see adding two or even 1 WR as a NEED as much as we have a need for MLB, an upgrade at one OLB and some depth in the DL and secondary so i would suspect that we would see much more attention to that side of the ball. Now, I am not advocating that we draft NO WR's in the draft and if one is there that they have rated as the BPA I would expect them to take one and would be fine with it. But I do not expect to see them trade up in the first to get one or to spend multiple high picks on the position at the expense of other positions.

  6. #146
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    But Jennings isn't what I consider a 1 either. He is a 2 IMHO. Sad that a mid level 2 is a leap in quality for us.
    Think about this- I back in the day when we had moss,carter and reed he would have been a distant 4th on the depth chart.

    He will make us better though, so you gotta take that though.
    Well, being fair, back in the day, Percy would have barely seen the field, most teams #1 receiver would be #3 or 4. Jennings is still very much a #1 receiver. He's not a huge guy, but he plays big. If you just watched him play, you'd think he's bigger than he really is.

  7. #147
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    On a side note, Jennings will be #15 this year.

  8. #148
    30whales is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    On a side note, Jennings will be #15 this year.
    Yes and apparently it looks like we are getting some new jerseys!

  9. #149
    Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, You may be right but if you are then I would say they would be totally redrawing the offense to do it because last year we basically ran with 2 TE's or a fullback a majority of the time and we still have all of those players on the squad. To me that is an indication we will see more of it and not so many 1 back, 3-4 WR sets. And factoring in the QB I would say I am pretty confident It won't deviate dramatically from what we saw.

    Our offense can function perfectly fine provided Simpson can get his shit together this year, integrate into the scheme and be the deep threat and hopefully by giving him the extension they know something about his development that we don't. If it is the case that he is going to step up and be that guy, this is the offense.




    Jennings Kalil Johnson Sully Fusco Load Rudolph Simpson
    (Wright,Carlson)
    Ponder
    Felton
    Peterson
    (Gerhart)

    There is enough talent there to get the job done. Yeah, it's always great to have more, but then you limit touches and guys get down because they are not as involved.

    At any rate, I don't see adding two or even 1 WR as a NEED as much as we have a need for MLB, an upgrade at one OLB and some depth in the DL and secondary so i would suspect that we would see much more attention to that side of the ball. Now, I am not advocating that we draft NO WR's in the draft and if one is there that they have rated as the BPA I would expect them to take one and would be fine with it. But I do not expect to see them trade up in the first to get one or to spend multiple high picks on the position at the expense of other positions.
    This. I'd be happy if we used it for the right WR in the 2nd and even if they waited until the 3rd I'd be fine with that too

  10. #150
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, You may be right but if you are then I would say they would be totally redrawing the offense to do it because last year we basically ran with 2 TE's or a fullback a majority of the time and we still have all of those players on the squad. To me that is an indication we will see more of it and not so many 1 back, 3-4 WR sets. And factoring in the QB I would say I am pretty confident It won't deviate dramatically from what we saw.

    Our offense can function perfectly fine provided Simpson can get his shit together this year, integrate into the scheme and be the deep threat and hopefully by giving him the extension they know something about his development that we don't. If it is the case that he is going to step up and be that guy, this is the offense. Let me remind you.....WE WERE 31st in PASSING OFFENSE last season. Don't blame it on Peterson either because his touches weren't record breaking. We simply had too many stalled drives because our offense sucked.




    Jennings Kalil Johnson Sully Fusco Load Rudolph Simpson
    (Wright,Carlson)
    Ponder
    Felton
    Peterson
    (Gerhart)

    There is enough talent there to get the job done. Yeah, it's always great to have more, but then you limit touches and guys get down because they are not as involved.

    At any rate, I don't see adding two or even 1 WR as a NEED as much as we have a need for MLB, an upgrade at one OLB and some depth in the DL and secondary so i would suspect that we would see much more attention to that side of the ball. Now, I am not advocating that we draft NO WR's in the draft and if one is there that they have rated as the BPA I would expect them to take one and would be fine with it. But I do not expect to see them trade up in the first to get one or to spend multiple high picks on the position at the expense of other positions.
    My god what is wrong with you people.....
    How many time must you get your hand burned by fire before you get it.
    No there isn't enough talent on offense. We have a good line but Jennings and Simpson is simply Percy and Simpson re wrapped. The only difference is connections to Jennings will be more typical. Our offense is paltry. The cupboard is bear. Forget last year and Peterson's DAMN NEAR RECORD BREAKING SEASON. It's not the norm. If Peterson goes back to being his regular...superhuman self (1400 yards 13 tds), we win 3 games. I am so sick of people saying if Simpson shows, we have a great offense. No we don't. We have 1 WR. The rest of them are terrible. If simpson shows us the best he has been, we have two WRs. Wright is at best average. We need 1 More WR. That's why a team like the packers can continue to generate WR corps after corps because they address the position. We on the other hand trade 1 star WR for an other and our fans think we are all set.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •