Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast
    "I really loved Jennings as a player, but the thing that kind of got me annoyed with Jennings was that he was producing all of those Old Spice commercials while he was basically injured. I would have been fine if he was like Polamolu or however it's spelt or Rodgers and was able to back up his play with having some good commercials. Jennings had some good commercials, but he never produced this year."
    Now, I got this off the Packs fan web-site. I did. Honest. Now maybe this poster was jokin around, or just being a troll, or maybe even serious. It seemed legit to me. A pack fan pissed about "Old Spice" commercials and "Polamol or however it's spelt," and Jennings injury vs output algorithm as it applies to commercials. AWESOME!
    Tuco the world.....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I know what you are saying, but I was referring more to the positions that they play. Percy was best suited to playing in the slot/backfield. That is where he was dangerous. But we didn't have anyone who could play outside except for Simpson. Now we can line up Jennings and Simpson/Rookie x on the outside, Wright in the slot and Rudolph in at TE. That is a more complete WR line up than we have had in years.
    Then do we sit Felton or peterson?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    It won't matter I don't believe because if we draft a stud WR in the 1st rd, Simpson will be a 4th WR where he belongs.
    With felton and AP in the backfield and Rudolph and sometimes carlson at TE, just how many WR's do you think we are going to have on the field?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    With felton and AP in the backfield and Rudolph and sometimes carlson at TE, just how many WR's do you think we are going to have on the field?

Jennings, Wright, 1st Round pick, Simpson, Childs and of course, Webb at QB.

That makes 6 wide receivers.

Think there are any 300 pound WRs we could get to play on the o-line? Then we'd be set.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Jennings, Wright, 1st Round pick, Simpson, Childs and of course, Webb at QB.

That makes 6 wide receivers.

Think there are any 300 pound WRs we could get to play on the o-line? Then we'd be set.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    like a few here, i figured if we didn't get a FA solid WR we'd be drafting 2 in the first round.

now.. it feels a little less forced. sure we'll get 1, maybe 2 if all the mocks are right and no1 takes wr's before us. but with Jennings i at least feel a bit more relaxed that we can grab 1 wr, and 1 mlb/DT depending on who's left on the board. that would give us round 2/3 to grab mlb/WR.. remmeber we don't have a 4th this year. now if slick rick can pull off another draft day miracle and trade down and still get his guy and we pick up another 3/4 i'll be highly impressed!

to keep on the thread. Jennings will bring 2 vital things to our WR core..
    1. leadership.. just how important is his? VERY.. he's a master of route running, getting separation, and keeping alive for a scrambling qb. if he can teach this to our wr's.. it'll be something worth his price tag just there.

2. production.. this guy produces.. he's there knowing the hits coming, he can separate from defenders, he's there when he's needed to be, and he can catch!!

i hated seeing Harvin go, but I am satisfied that we plugged that whole with Jennings, pics, and kept some cap space open to keep other players that will be demanding some $ next year. (most specificly DE). had we payed harvin.. that might not have been viable.

so now with the FA market settling, i'll be interested to see if we bring anyone in that might change our draft strategy, but so far we arn't like we were last 2 years.. pooling as much talent draft wise trying to stop a flood gate of needs.. we have few missing pieces, and those can be targeted.. i'm excited again and the draft hasn't even come!!!

SKOLLL!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    First off, I love this signing! Jennings brings us quality as well as another leader in the locker room. Also, it opens up our draft significantly, we can come out strong and address some weaknesses. I only have one concern. Percy gav'e Ponder a safety valve, a short game that at times could be broken open for huge gaines. I'm not sure if this was done because we lacked a receiver to stretch the field, allowing a young Ponder to easily manage the game, or Ponder's inability to throw the long ball. Could be a combination of all three. I still think we need a slot guy, someone to go across the middle, short slants, etc.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    It truly depends on what WR is available tough. Almost all of the WRs in the draft this year have second round grades IMHO. We now have the flexibility to take BPA with both of our first round picks.
    Getting one of the top WR in the draft is still a top priority. How is it looking for DB's? With Winfield gone we need some better DB's than what we are left with.

Then there's the need to replace the void left by Brinkley and a need to find an eventual replacement for K-Will. The time to find one is while he's still here so a transition can be smoother, rather than wait til he's retired/cut & then try & scramble to find one.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I don't see us going out and trying to buy a linebacker. We have Singletary as a coach and I am sure Spielman will draft one this year to start the learning process.
    However it is, they need to be able to play at a level higher than Brinkley or we didn't improve the position vacated by the last MLB we drafted that Singletary was coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    We don't really have a ton of holes to fill and the team proved it last season. We lost a receiver and a corner and then gained a receiver and picks. Middle linebacker is the weak link in our defense and if you draft one early then maybe he is good enough to start, it will at least push Henderson to perform better.
    We lost more than that. We lost 3 WR's, a CB, a MLB & an OLman from players we fielded last year & contributed. Then at backup we lost, an OLman & another LB. We also can still lose yet another CB, Jefferson, who is an RFA.

In return we gained 1 WR, a backup QB & 2 draft picks for this year, plus an addition pick next year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    How many times will we see a 2 TE formation when Rudolph has great hands and if we draft a stud WR? Also, Felton won't be on the field every snap.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast