Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 293
  1. #101
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    The first three positions we need to draft in my opinion are middle linebacker, defensive tackle and wide receiver. In what ever order fits for who is there at the time of our picks.
    I disagree.
    We need to sign a MLB. No need to blow a 1st rounder when there is plenty of talent available.
    I do agree DT and WR are the most pressing needs. I would love... love for us to draft 2 WRs. this draft. I still think coming away with Hunter/Austin and Woods would help this team greatly.

  2. #102
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I disagree.
    We need to sign a MLB. No need to blow a 1st rounder when there is plenty of talent available.
    I do agree DT and WR are the most pressing needs. I would love... love for us to draft 2 WRs. this draft. I still think coming away with Hunter/Austin and Woods would help this team greatly.
    Wouldn't that be sweet ?
    Then an upgrade at QB the following year and the Vikings just may be a respectful team.

  3. #103
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I disagree.
    We need to sign a MLB. No need to blow a 1st rounder when there is plenty of talent available.
    I do agree DT and WR are the most pressing needs. I would love... love for us to draft 2 WRs. this draft. I still think coming away with Hunter/Austin and Woods would help this team greatly.
    Who is going to replace Henderson? We don't need to bring in any old linebackers and have a revolving door of has beens like we have had with our qb situation over the years.

  4. #104
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Who is going to replace Henderson? We don't need to bring in any old linebackers and have a revolving door of has beens like we have had with our qb situation over the years.
    DJ WIlliams Anyone?
    Has played all three LB positions.
    Keith RIvers
    Karlos Dansby.

    Signing any of these 3 will make me happy.
    Keith used to plan MLB and Dansby is just a man beast.

  5. #105
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,734
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    This draft is deep at WR.
    Its the deepest draft I have seen at WR in a long time.
    There are atleast 10 guys that can be stars in this league off of talent alone.
    Wilson, Austin, Allen, Patterson, Woods, Rodgers, Hunter,
    If we do take one of these guys in the first round I'm most interested in Austin if he's there, I think having him in the slot, backfield and/or as a returner he could be a guy that we get the quickest return for production on the field but his size is a concern. Some of the other guys that are coming out as a junior as an x or z will take a bit longer (could easily be atleast a full season before they hit their stride) to develop and adjust to the game speed and routes. Also not as worried about a tall fast guy to stretch the field as some but more concerned about great hands and a huge catch radius......Ponder can be prone to being a little off target at times

  6. #106
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    DJ WIlliams Anyone?
    Has played all three LB positions.
    Keith RIvers
    Karlos Dansby.

    Signing any of these 3 will make me happy.
    Keith used to plan MLB and Dansby is just a man beast.
    I don't see us going out and trying to buy a linebacker. We have Singletary as a coach and I am sure Spielman will draft one this year to start the learning process.

    Don't get me wrong here I want to see receivers get drafted as well but not two of them in our top three picks.

    We don't really have a ton of holes to fill and the team proved it last season. We lost a receiver and a corner and then gained a receiver and picks. Middle linebacker is the weak link in our defense and if you draft one early then maybe he is good enough to start, it will at least push Henderson to perform better.

  7. #107
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Who is going to replace Henderson?.
    Nobody, he is still on the team and just signed a 2 year deal. Brinkley is gone and we need a MLB. If we don't pick up a LB in free agency, I have a funny feeling the Vikings will draft a WR and Manti Te'o with their other 1st rd pick. He has talent, but I don't want the drama that is associated with him. I'd rather pick up a LB in free agency and go WR and CB with our two 1st rd picks.

  8. #108
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    If we do take one of these guys in the first round I'm most interested in Austin if he's there, I think having him in the slot, backfield and/or as a returner he could be a guy that we get the quickest return for production on the field but his size is a concern. Some of the other guys that are coming out as a junior as an x or z will take a bit longer (could easily be atleast a full season before they hit their stride) to develop and adjust to the game speed and routes. Also not as worried about a tall fast guy to stretch the field as some but more concerned about great hands and a huge catch radius......Ponder can be prone to being a little off target at times
    I would take either
    Justin Hunter vs Cincinnati - YouTube
    This kid is a legit 6'4 and plays like it. COmes back to the ball well.
    Honestly, I don't know who to take. Everytime I research a guy my favorite changes.
    Patterson/ Austin has rare videogames moves.
    Hunter has an amazing radius and good speed/ hands
    Rodgers is a bully on the field
    Wilson is a steal if he falls down the board.
    We still haven't mentioned Woods who does everything right and is an amazing route runner.
    I would like to have about 4 of these guys and let the best rise to the top.

  9. #109
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    The team is lacking a tall WR who can go up over the defensers in the red zone and on third down. I think they will be looking for a receiver that fits their needs on offense.
    However, if Austin was available he would be hard to pass up. Then a tall WR could be taken later in the draft.
    Justin Hunter

  10. #110
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    The first three positions we need to draft in my opinion are middle linebacker, defensive tackle and wide receiver. In what ever order fits for who is there at the time of our picks.
    I still think we need a vet CB

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •