Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LIVike is offline Starter

Re: Vikings Sign Greenway To Contract Extension

About time. Like others have said this frees up a lot of cap space. Now just get Peterson done. This should also leave plenty of room to maybe make one more signing.
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1107590

We paid more than I thought we would. But that being said, we still just cut about 3-5 million off the cap for the year with this extension, and the Camarillo paycut. And most importantly, we just gave Lance Briggs a lot of leverage to get out of the NFC North!
    How did you arrive at those numbers?

I didn't see numbers anywhere as to how much cap space was freed up & know Cam took a big cut from his $1.7 mil, but no numbers were tossed out.

Edit/Update:

Greenway: Tagged as the team's franchise player in February, Greenway was set to earn $10.091 million in base salary and count the same amount against the salary cap. For that reason, the Vikings have been working all summer on an extension that would lessen the cap hit and ensure his long-term status with the team.

Heading into the weekend, the Vikings were less than $400,000 below the salary cap. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the five-year deal is worth $40 million, but we don't yet know its first-year cap number to help us calculate the cap savings. Look for an update on that in the coming days.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/30722/presuming-a-cap-savings-on-greenway-deal

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107657
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1107590

We paid more than I thought we would. But that being said, we still just cut about 3-5 million off the cap for the year with this extension, and the Camarillo paycut. And most importantly, we just gave Lance Briggs a lot of leverage to get out of the NFC North!
    How did you arrive at those numbers?

I didn't see numbers anywhere as to how much cap space was freed up & know Cam took a big cut from his $1.7 mil, but no numbers were tossed out.

Edit/Update:

Greenway: Tagged as the team's franchise player in February, Greenway was set to earn $10.091 million in base salary and count the same amount against the salary cap. For that reason, the Vikings have been working all summer on an extension that would lessen the cap hit and ensure his long-term status with the team.

Heading into the weekend, the Vikings were less than $400,000 below the salary cap. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the five-year deal is worth $40 million, but we don't yet know its first-year cap number to help us calculate the cap savings. Look for an update on that in the coming days.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/30722/presuming-a-cap-savings-on-greenway-deal
    I used to always go to rotoworld.com but they sure have been late updating this year.

Guess they are waiting for the same specifics the rest of are (i.e. year by year cap hit).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123