Re: Vikings sign Fred Evans

"Billy" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1366061.html

[size=12pt]Evans agrees to plea bargain[/size]
    New DT Fred Evans reached a plea bargain agreement this morning in Miami-Dade (Fla.) County Court, avoiding jail time and paying fines and court costs of $1,310 stemming from a June 23 arrest in Miami Beach.

Last update: August 16, 2007 – 10:25 AM
    That's what I expected. I assumed the Vikings had a good idea of the plea arrangement prior to signing him.
    There will still be an action from Goodell.
    Well, first he probably will need to clear up the other legal thing he has - I think it's a probation violation.
    I can't imagine any action from Goodell would be more than a game.
    Neither of these were serious violations.
    I think he is convicted with the original possession charge now that the broke probation, which isn't much of anything (thanks Snow).
    The most recent arrrest which he was charged with Assault on law enforcement and resisting with violence. (among other lesser chargers) seemed serious to me and I am sure probably was the most important factor like Jargo pointed out.
    Anything Goodell will throw at him is minor compared to what it seems he could have gotten from the courts.
    I would think hes gonna get more then one week though.
    He was drunk in the back of a cab and fell asleep.
    Hell - Goodell should give him a medal for calling a cab rather than driving himself!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Wow, I hope this isn't K-Rob issue part II

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Billy" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

New DT Fred Evans reached a plea bargain agreement this morning in Miami-Dade (Fla.) County Court, avoiding jail time and paying fines and court costs of $1,310 stemming from a June 23 arrest in Miami Beach.

That's what I expected. I assumed the Vikings had a good idea of the plea arrangement prior to signing him.
    Well, first he probably will need to clear up the other legal thing he has - I think it's a probation violation.

=Z=
    I think he is convicted with the original possession charge now that the broke probation, which isn't much of anything (thanks Snow).
    The most recent arrrest which he was charged with Assault on law enforcement and resisting with violence. (among other lesser chargers) seemed serious to me and I am sure probably was the most important factor like Jargo pointed out.
    Anything Goodell will throw at him is minor compared to what it seems he could have gotten from the courts.
    The weed charge was in Texas. That's the wild card in all of this. If he is found to be in violation of his probation he could be convicted for the weed charge.That would be two strikes in the commishes eyes. 4 game suspension?
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=36612.msg618602#msg618602 date=1187289551]

Hell - Goodell should give him a medal for calling a cab rather than driving himself!

=Z=
    [/quote]

Gold Star!

I like that one AWZ.

If only Lindsey Lohan would think on her feet like Fred.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    LOL.
    Such a role model should start holding educational speaches on the subject of drunk driving.

I have always thought that anything on a cop is taken much more serious.
    I am always amazed by the light sentences that public figures get though anyhow.

If that cop would have been my brother instead then the last thing I would wan't to see is this guy getting let off with this and given a large amount of money.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789