Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Sign Duron Carter, son of Cris Carter

He will be in rookie minicamp. He is 6'5 and runs. 4.4. Good hands and athleticism! We shall see how this pans out. Him and Cordarelle lined up on the outside with Jennings on the inside is unstoppable if he matures

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Spielman said on 1500 it was a tryout and he isn't actually signed yet

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkar View Post
    Spielman said on 1500 it was a tryout and he isn't actually signed yet
    I hope he works out. Some guys just want to play football. College is a mummer's farce to them, and the NFL has no minor league for those players.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Duron Carter played his freshman season in 2009 with Ohio State, finishing with 13 receptions for 176 yards and a touchdown.

He left for academic reasons and played 2010 at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He transferred to Alabama in 2011, but never became eligible to play, and then transferred to Florida Atlantic in 2012, but never played for the school.
    Cris Carter's son, Duron Carter, to sign with Minnesota Vikings -- source - ESPN

So he hasn't played since 2009 & only has 13 catches after 4 years in college?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    I'm sure he'll be just as good as his Dad... that's usually how these things work out.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm sure he'll be just as good as his Dad... that's usually how these things work out.
    Now wouldn't that be sweet! Hell, give the kid a shot, if he's 3/4's the receiver his dad was, may be a great addition to the WR corp..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    His former QB called him lazy, entitled, and claimed he would be a cancer on any team foolish enough to sign him.

His Dad used his media pulpit and HOF status to make excuses for him - not unexpected.

HOWEVER, if the kid can play - and he leaves all the prima donna BS at the door - I'd love to get another Carter in the lineup.

Caine

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    His former QB called him lazy, entitled, and claimed he would be a cancer on any team foolish enough to sign him.

His Dad used his media pulpit and HOF status to make excuses for him - not unexpected.

HOWEVER, if the kid can play - and he leaves all the prima donna BS at the door - I'd love to get another Carter in the lineup.

Caine
    Which one? Apparently he went through about 4 of them (Ohio State, Coffeyville, Alabama and Florida Atlantic) on his journey through the college experience.

Wait, just found it:

"The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen," Cayden Cochran, Coffeyville's starting quarterback for Carter's season there, wrote on his Twitter account in February. "I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."
    Hmmm..not much of a reference there. And this was the school where he had his most production, you would have thought the QB would have had something nice to say.

Looks like Duron is suffering from being Chris' kid more than benefiting from it.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not so fast...

Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk

The Vikings didnít sign receiver Duron Carter last week, and they wonít be signing him this week.Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the son of former Vikings receiver Cris Carter didnít do enough on a tryout basis at the teamís rookie minicamp to get the team to offer him a contract.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    So the Vikings won't have their second set of "father & son" to have played for the Vikings after all.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast