Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    And now......

    Introducing the 2009 L.A Vikings. Led by their new head coach Jimmy Johnson at Google.com stadium.

  2. #12
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    omg wut a bad pickup ive never even heard of him y would they sign this guy?
    Just getting him into TC later this year..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  3. #13
    whiteviking24's Avatar
    whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    473

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    And now......

    Introducing the 2009 L.A Vikings. Led by their new head coach Jimmy Johnson at Google.com stadium.
    Thats no joke it could really happen !!!

    Its looking more real every day
    :'(

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    "whiteviking24" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    And now......

    Introducing the 2009 L.A Vikings. Led by their new head coach Jimmy Johnson at Google.com stadium.
    Thats no joke it could really happen !!!

    Its looking more real every day
    :'(
    No it's not.
    The only stadium news is that the Minneapolis Sports Commission is putting together a plan for a downtown stadium to present to the state legislature later this year.

    That is NOT code for "Screw you, we're moving to LA."

    Get a grip.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    A recent sports illustrated said that L.A was looking at soccer now because they are tired waiting for the NFL. It also went on to say there was no way in hell the Vikings move.

    Now wether you belive SI or not is a different story.

  6. #16
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    "Del" wrote:
    A recent sports illustrated said that L.A was looking at soccer now because they are tired waiting for the NFL. It also went on to say there was no way in hell the Vikings move.

    Now wether you belive SI or not is a different story.
    At this point, there's no reason to believe anything other than what Zygi Wilf says, which is that he's committed to keeping the Vikings here.

    He got farther in 2006 (in his FIRST YEAR TRYING) towards a new stadium than Red McCombs ever did.
    Now he's realized that Blaine/Anoka is too much of a headache and is looking to work with the downtown people.
    Once the plan is put together, I predict that it will be a tough fight, but that the Vikings will have a stadium deal by the end of the sesssion.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    I think we will make a lot of progress with a Vikings stadium this session, but I don't know if we will get it this year or not.
    I think our losing record hurt us quite a bit.


    Still, I have faith in Zygi.
    He will get it done.
    If not this year, then the next (especially since the Vikings are going to win the superbowl next year. ;D)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think we will make a lot of progress with a Vikings stadium this session, but I don't know if we will get it this year or not.
    I think our losing record hurt us quite a bit.


    Still, I have faith in Zygi.
    He will get it done.
    If not this year, then the next (especially since the Vikings are going to win the superbowl next year. ;D)
    Actually, I think the losing record might HELP Zygi make his argument.
    The Vikings, because of their stadium deal, are last in the NFL in stadium revenue, so that puts them at a competitive disadvantage against teams like the Bears, Lions and Packers, because they get more $$$ from a better stadium.

    Zygi built malls in New Jersey.
    He can get a stadium built here.
    People just need to be patient.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    Why are people so excited about these player pick ups?

    FA has not started yet, these players we are picking up are not making the team they are players we wanted to take a closer look at.
    We sign them send them to the Europe league, then they go to training camp and they get cut the 1st cut.

    What is the big deal?

    Does it say in his contract he will be the starting corner?
    Or does it say he will play in at least 80% of the defense plays?

    So unless you know more than the rest of us you are getting upset over nothing, and if you know more please fill us in on your information.

    Maybe thye think this guy has possibilities to be a special teams phenom, or maybe they think he was slowed by his previous injuries and that he is healthy now and could be a player.



    Some people really need to relax about these signings before the FA starts because they are not players that will make the team they are training camp fodder.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Vikings Sign Defensive Back from Packers

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Why are people so excited about these player pick ups?

    FA has not started yet, these players we are picking up are not making the team they are players we wanted to take a closer look at.
    We sign them send them to the Europe league, then they go to training camp and they get cut the 1st cut.

    What is the big deal?

    Does it say in his contract he will be the starting corner?
    Or does it say he will play in at least 80% of the defense plays?

    So unless you know more than the rest of us you are getting upset over nothing, and if you know more please fill us in on your information.

    Maybe thye think this guy has possibilities to be a special teams phenom, or maybe they think he was slowed by his previous injuries and that he is healthy now and could be a player.



    Some people really need to relax about these signings before the FA starts because they are not players that will make the team they are training camp fodder.
    You mean like Jason Carter, who was an undrafted free agent signee?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings will bounce back and beat up the Packers next week
    By echizen20 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 06:36 PM
  2. Back up Defensive Linemen...?
    By norsefan1 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 03:43 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM
  4. Vikings Investigate Defensive Back
    By VikesfaninWis in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 10:09 PM
  5. Packers could face new Vikings defensive scheme
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 04:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •