Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings sign CB's

From what I have been gathering over the last few days is that Shaw is a good 3rd or 4th corner and has the experiance to step in and play, but he is not a top flight corner.

Brown has the skills to be good but hasn't lived up to expectations.

Hopefully they can play well enough to give us the backup we need.

With what's available at this time of year at least it is something.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings sign CB's

Nothing lost if they suck, alot gained if they don't, 'nuff said.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Del Rio Guest

Vikings sign CB's

Shaw has played for 10 years:
    95-99 Chargers
    2000 Miami
    2001 NE
    2002-2003 Oak

He has gone to two superbowls as a starter, He started almost every game in his carreer and has avoided injuries well. He has 10 Int's to his name.

Seems like a good pick up to come in and at least give an effort.

Brown has played 5 years:
    NYG: He's only played a full sixteen games one year. I don't know if it was because of injury or being like 2nd or third string.
    He has 3 ints to his name and one sack.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One interesting note is Ken Irvin has played the same ammount of years as Shaw and has the exact same number of Interceptions.
    He played 95-2001 with buffalo
    and 2002 with NO
    then finally landed here in 2003

I think Shaw will be a great replacement for Irvin. As long as he can pick up the D fast. He is an experienced Vet, so he should be a great fit.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Vikings sign CB's

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Shaw has played for 10 years:
    95-99 Chargers
    2000 Miami
    2001 NE
    2002-2003 Oak

He has gone to two superbowls as a starter, He started almost every game in his carreer and has avoided injuries well. He has 10 Int's to his name.

Seems like a good pick up to come in and at least give an effort.

Brown has played 5 years:
    NYG: He's only played a full sixteen games one year. I don't know if it was because of injury or being like 2nd or third string.
    He has 3 ints to his name and one sack.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One interesting note is Ken Irvin has played the same ammount of years as Shaw and has the exact same number of Interceptions.
    He played 95-2001 with buffalo
    and 2002 with NO
    then finally landed here in 2003

I think Shaw will be a great replacement for Irvin. As long as he can pick up the D fast. He is an experienced Vet, so he should be a great fit.

Brown actually started in the giants/vikes game last year and played pretty well against us.

I see tice has said that right now our nickel guy is rushen jones and that either rhett nelson or earthwind moreland(a practice squad guy) were gonna fight for the dime spot. I guess that means neither vet is expected to be ready to play this monday? That sucks if neither guy is ready to play against the eagles.

I also read that Tice said he still wants to bring derek ross back, when he finally gets healthy, which is something I agree with. If ross gets healthy and comes back, we would be very deep at CB.

Vikings sign CB's

On VikingUpdate, it says that Shaw and Brown will see action on Monday night

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Vikings sign CB's

OK good its encouraging to see you guys prove me wrong with these two cbs as i hope they do but i still think they are scrub cbs that could be continously burned come monday since well they are really new to the franchise and dont have cottrells schemes down.
    But im hoping they are the answer to our injury problems so we dont have to think about it for awhile but im not convinced YET that they are the answer. Time shall tell.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings sign CB's

CB is one of the positions were a vet can come in and pickup the schemes fairly quickly. With the experiance that both Shaw and Brown have they should be able to play on Monday and they will not be covering TO and should be able to hole their own against the 3 or 4th receiver.

I like them better than the options we had prior to picking them up, and Shaw's quote in the paper today was good. He said one of the reasons he decided to sign with the Vikes is that they like to hit and I love to hit.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings sign CB's

"whackthepack" wrote:
    CB is one of the positions were a vet can come in and pickup the schemes fairly quickly. With the experiance that both Shaw and Brown have they should be able to play on Monday and they will not be covering TO and should be able to hole their own against the 3 or 4th receiver.

I like them better than the options we had prior to picking them up, and Shaw's quote in the paper today was good. He said one of the reasons he decided to sign with the Vikes is that they like to hit and I love to hit.
    It seems we have a reputation developing thoughout the league, and it's finally a good one to have. A lot of the media types have talked about the fact that the Viking's secondary likes to make the big hit, and I heard a bunch of that even before the big hits on Meshawn.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings sign CB's

Well I like one thing I read that Shaw said. He was talking about why he signed here and it was an article on how physical and hard hitting Winfield and Brian Williams are and he said he came here because he likes to Split Heads so it sounds like he appreciates the hard hitting and solid tackling atmosphere that we have with our corners. So it makes me kind of excited to see if he delivers.

Jarhead is offline Rookie

Vikings sign CB's

That's exactly what we didn't have in Denard Walker. He was a little too much like Deion 'can't tackle' Sanders.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast