Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vikings sign CB's

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota Vikings added a pair of cornerbacks Tuesday, signing Terrance Shaw and Ralph Brown.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikings sign CB's

I don't know much about them, but it does give the Vikes some depth. The Associated Press reported that Shaw started 87 out of the 125 games he's played (Oakland and Carolina) and Brown started 10 of 36 with the Giants. Hopefully they'll help and there will be no more injuries.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings sign CB's

Yeah i think the terrance shaw is a good pick up i'm gonna do a little research on him in a little while. He must fit what we do defensivly and hes a vet hes knows what to do. I wonder why he didnt sign with someone else before the season.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Vikings sign CB's

I want one of them to start in place of Rushen, even though we won the game, if we would have lost it would have been his fault and his fault alone.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings sign CB's

Looks like some pretty good pickups considering the position we're in.

Vikings sign CB's

Yeah it sounds like there was some other teams tryin to get both of them, shaw was released because there was to much young talent in Carolina, and Brown was released by the redskins, some people found it shocking they released him.

Hopefully one of these guys can step up for kenny between the two of them somebody will start as the 3rd CB. They both have NFL experience so thats a plus especailly Shaw.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Vikings sign CB's

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Yeah it sounds like there was some other teams tryin to get both of them, shaw was released because there was to much young talent in Carolina, and Brown was released by the redskins, some people found it shocking they released him.

Hopefully one of these guys can step up for kenny between the two of them somebody will start as the 3rd CB. They both have NFL experience so thats a plus especailly Shaw.
    sounds good to me :thumbright:
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Vikings sign CB's

Hate to be pessimistic or anything but tice is signing a bunch of scrubs off the street. Now im hoping both brown and shaw make me eat a plateful of crow but they arent really that great and are just a bunch of eric kellys running around.

I remember seeing terrance shaw most notably getting burned while he was with the raiders. Doesnt bode well if everyones going to pass on us.

I sure do hope they prove me wrong however.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Vikings sign CB's

Well i dont know about scrubs i mean Shaw has started for alot of teams and alot of different years he's better than what we have right now. Kelly had confidence issues and i dont think Shaw has confident issues, cause if he did he wouldn't have put up the decent #'s for 10 years. Hes an upgrade from what we have. I really like rushen but hes got to get it together metally. If he comes out next game and coms down and just plays his game i think he can be our 3rd CB. If he cant handle it we will just have to go with the flow.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings sign CB's

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Hate to be pessimistic or anything but tice is signing a bunch of scrubs off the street. Now im hoping both brown and shaw make me eat a plateful of crow but they arent really that great and are just a bunch of eric kellys running around.

I remember seeing terrance shaw most notably getting burned while he was with the raiders. Doesnt bode well if everyones going to pass on us.

I sure do hope they prove me wrong however.
    Well scrubs they might be but, given Rushen Jones show on Sunday, then we have nothing to lose by bringing them in. Shaw was only released by Carolina due to there being younger players available - so he's not a complete waste. If they only fill in when we use the nickel package then thats an improvement
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast