Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Cox played well enough in the Jacksonville system. Learning the system in San Diego may have been a problem for him. He just may not have been a good fit there either. Cox plays the ball, and I hope the system in Minnesota allows him to do that.

Vikings fans certainly know that a system can make defensive backs look worse than they are. Some systems expose the DBs to being stranded on the island, and not many DBs can live out there for too long.

If Cox stays healthy and can learn the system, he could do well in Minnesota. I dislike one year contracts, but this is a low risk pick up with good potential for a positive outcome.
    I like the signing, particularly because it is low risk. I really don't have a lot of faith in Cox, but he could surprise me. I honestly don't see him passing Robinson in the depth chart (and I really don't like Josh Robinson...).

We have our starters with Rhodes and Captain, but I think we are still vulnerable at nickle and dime. And if one of them goes down we really have depth issues...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    Cox signing puzzeles me ,wonder if zim gave his imput or spielman did this one on his own
    I am going on the assumption that Zimmer is Spielman's pick for coach; if Zimmer fails, then Spielman is gone as well, so it is n our GM's best interest to get Zimmer's reaction to everything he is doing. So far, all the signs are there that that is exactly what is happening.

NOW. If all I said was true, then Zimmer obviously sees something in Cox. With a one year deal, a message is being sent... "we believe in you, but you have to make good on our faith to stick around".
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    His contract size went from $3.9M/yr down to a 1yr, $780k offer from MN. Hardly worthy of much discussion. If he's not one of the top 6 or whatever that MN decides to keep, they won't hesitate in cutting him based on cap numbers ($570K I believe).

On the other hand, he does have the potential to be a big play corner and could possibly thrive in MN. Probably less than 50% chance, but not a real expensive chance. If he gets buried to special teams and depth outside corner, so be it. He does have 13 INT's in his career, which I believe is more than all of our other corners combined (purely a guess). Munnerlyn only has 7 over the same period. So for those that think the only role of a CB is to make INT's, you should be drooling over this guy.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    He was decent with the Jags. He had a down year maybe with the wrong system. I am thinking a steal!
    I was just about to say that, he is young and I think in the wrong system in SD. He played really well for Carolina, I think he is going to be a great steal, he is big and tall and just the type of CB we need in our division.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I like the signing, particularly because it is low risk. I really don't have a lot of faith in Cox, but he could surprise me. I honestly don't see him passing Robinson in the depth chart (and I really don't like Josh Robinson...).

We have our starters with Rhodes and Captain, but I think we are still vulnerable at nickle and dime. And if one of them goes down we really have depth issues...
    I think we will be OK in the nickel, Robinson will come in and play the outside (which is his strong point) and Captain will move to nickel, his strong point. I would give Robinson another chance he played bad but he mostly played in the slot, which he is unaccustomed to playing. I think he may be a good outside CB if he can be coached up and that is Zimmer's MO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    as the roster is now we still need help .we will get help threw the draft and free agents that dont get drafted...everybody relax..we are on the right path ...with that said hopefully we can turn this ship around in a hurry yes i want to have a dominating defence ..a big down field passing game and a smash mouth running game ..hell yeah i want a super bowl ...we will see three years from now.want zim has given us ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123